Certified Legendary Thread Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet Shhhhh

I'm told that Shhhhh will only post when there is something to tell. Only if they want to tell.

And if it's the sort of info that you can't get anywhere else.

Clarification re Shhhhh.

No doubt you've all noticed Shhhhh's presence (you are reading this thread after all), and some obvious questions are cropping up.

Shhhhh is a mod initiative, which we've been fine-tuning and gauging the results. So, it's time to tell you exactly what's going on.

1. Shhhhhh is not an alias for a poster or multiple posters on Big Footy.

2. Shhhhh's information is from a number of trusted and reliable sources. (But in saying that, while we endeavour to ensure the information is correct sometimes it may not come to bear.)

3. Shhhhh is intended to protect the anonymity of the source(s).

4 The mods all have access to the Shhhhh account and post the information. We are not the source of the information.

5. Obviously, it is pointless to ask Shhhhh questions because we don't have any answers. Therefore Shhhhh, is more of announcement thread. Hence the constant gardening that goes on in here. Feel free to discuss the information in this thread but we will clean it up at some point.

6. We do a make a judgment call over exactly what is posted - there has been some information that we held back because we believed it wasn't in the best interests to publish.

We hope that explains what Shhhhh is and how it works.

Any other questions, PM me or any of the other mods.

Injury concerns from the Brisbane practice match.

No problems. Calm down.

Roughy - is fine.
Just got a knock. As this was a practice match, there was no need to take any risk. So simply started off the park after half time and in no doubt for the season opener,

Moss slightly rolls an (ankle again). 1 week with the Xbox to recover. Again, OK for the Demon's game.

Good to see you've all given Shhhhh a warm welcome. Now the party's over I'm cleaning up the mess!

From now on this thread will be devoted exclusively to Shhhhh's occasional announcements. Keep an eye out for them.

Re: Hawks to hold Rioli back - Hawthorn FC Website

My understanding is that the recovery time from OP depends on when the symptoms are first managed. If he had a niggle through last season (may have been brought on by his hammy injury) and kept playing, I suspect it will be a longer recovery process. If it was first discovered at off season training, they may have rested him and continued his rest once OP was diagnosed. If it's nipped in the bud early, it could be a few month recovery verses a 6-12 month.

Cyril was running laps with an HFC fitness coach last week. And ran laps at training this week.

Look for up to 5 new faces in the Hawthorn side to tackle Melbourne. No Burgoyne. So who will it be now? Just where will these fresh faces come from?

Burgoyne doesn't have bone on bone. Do you think such a price would be paid for him without checking out his knees? A joke. Had some issues around his knee last year but they are passed.

He has a minor hamstring complaint nothing else. Keep the faith.

Might be worth preparing a big Hawthorn welcome for Carl Peterson, who will join the senior list today. He might not be alone either.

Taylor is just guessing. SB's injury is exactly what has been reported by the club, there have been no complications nor is there a new injury.

Therefore, if BT believes his 'mail' is correct based on injury, and I'm hear to tell you that it isn't, then it must be based on an assumption about how much match conditioning BT thinks Shaun needs. But 8 weeks is purely a guess.

Yes, Shaun needs match practice but seven weeks BT? I think not. The plan, which has not changed as of 8pm tonight, is to play two weeks at Boxhill to build up match fitness and conditioning, and play the week after.

Sure, that might change. As Alistair mooted on 3AW the other night about a 'mini pre season, but that, and I stress, is only if the conditioning personnel feel he needs extra work, not because of injury.

It's important to state a critical point at this juncture: Shaun is considered a key player in the club's 2010 campaign, he will brought into the team when the fitness and conditioning staff are convinced there is no risk, given the amount of time he has had off and the untimely slight hamstring strain which unsettled his preperation.

So let's calm the hysteria down. There is no new injury. Shaun is not broken. Brian is purely guessing at 8 weeks. If Shaun is ready in 2 weeks he'll play, if it's 3 he'll play. It's simply a matter of conditioning.

Enjoy the game on the weekend.

I read/heard somewhere recently that Burg is about to embark on a mini pre season.
Given 'maxi' pre seasons are 3 months plus, maybe 6-8 weeks is quite realistic.

Doesn't mean he is injured per se, just means he is not fit enough to perform at his peak, and anything less than peak is pointless??

I agree with you, mate. They won't take any chances with him. 8 weeks sounds like the old journalistic principle of exaggerating the negative or positive to the extreme.

Attention Doomsayers.

Renouf hasn't 'done' his groin He copped two knocks to the same spot in ruck contests - more general soreness than anything else and will play against Geelong.:thumbsu::eek:

You want to know if Cyril will play? Get on down to Waverley this Sunday. If he trains, he'll play. From 11. Shhhh also knows that the easter bunny will be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about this.
If a player is suspended because of their actions, but the player they made contact with misses the same amount of time because of the illegal act, is the penalty enough?

Many rumors have been circulating about young Beau Muston's knee. The bad news is he did receive a knock to the knee against Sandy, the good news is he has recovered and will play this weekend. Wishing Beau all the best because he's due a slice of good fortune after all he's endured and hoping he realises the undoubted footballing talent we've seen glimpses of.

Clarification re Shhhhh.

No doubt you've all noticed Shhhhh's presence (you are reading this thread after all), and some obvious questions are cropping up.

Shhhhh is a mod initiative, which we've been fine-tuning and gauging the results. So, it's time to tell you exactly what's going on.

1. Shhhhhh is not an alias for a poster or multiple posters on Big Footy.

2. Shhhhh's information is from a number of trusted and reliable sources post on BF. (But in saying that, while we endeavour to ensure the information is correct sometimes it may not come to bear.)

3. Shhhhh is intended to protect the anonymity of the source(s).

4 The mods all have access to the Shhhhh account and post the information. We are not the source of the informatiob.

5. Obviously, it is pointless to ask Shhhhh questions because we don't have any answers. Therefore Shhhhh, is more of announcement thread. Hence the constant gardening that goes on in here. Feel free to discuss the information in this thread but we will clean it up at some point.

6. We do a make a judgment call over exactly what is posted - there has been some information that we held back because we believed it wasn't in the best interests to publish.

We hope that explains what Shhhhh is and how it works.

Any other questions, PM me or any of the other mods.

It's been a long time between drinks for Clinton Young. But there's now a very good chance you'll see him playing in the seniors this weekend.

Burger will miss two weeks with a jaw injury sustained in the reserve game. If there is any silver lining to this latest news is that he'll still be able to run and train, in effect doing another mini pre-season that Alistair alluded to in a radio interview.

The Shhhhh information came before the scan. A plate going in was mentioned as a possibility, so I guess we'll see.

Re the change that didn't eventuate: there was doubt right up until the warm-up there.

Luke Hodge. What a champ.

Prior to the Collingwood game, Hodgey was bed ridden with gastro. He got out of his bed to play 4 hours prior to the game despite the protestations of his wife because "they needed him"

Puts some perspective on Hodgey's performance in that game and his standing as a leader.

Some perspective from external people:

First perspective - an acquaintance is on the Hawthorn coaching panel. Was talking to them and said that they (the brains trust) are not too worried and are confident that things will turn. A small statement I know, but I'm holding on to it as a evidence that the ship isn't going down.

Second perspective – from a journalist who covered the game in Tas on Sunday. He’s not a Hawthorn supporter. As an objective observer, he felt the Hawks were incredibly brave and should never have been in the position to win the game. Without a ruckman, and with an inexperienced and undermanned defence, he felt that we had no choice but to play the style of game we did. After seeing the way we went about it he doesn't think the Bombers have a chance in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back