Certified Legendary Thread Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big loss, plenty more to choose from...

A bit harsh. He'll take a fair amount of Hawthorn's intellectual property to Richmond, as he's the last of the trio of assistant coaches Clarkson first hired when he came to the club to go. IMO, Ross Smith has done an excellent job with pretty much an undersized backline (especially since the Croadster pulled the pin). A premiership and a preliminary final loss are good feathers in the cap for Ross.

Dean Bailey?

Would increase the quota of ex-Port Adelaide people involved at the club, after the Pelican left earlier this year.

And we all know how Clarko likes Port Adelaide people (Andrew Russell, Chris Pelchen, Stuart Dew, Shaun Burgoyne, Stephen Gilham, Brent Guerra off the top of my head).

Surely we will take a look at bringing in the 'junkyard dog' (Dean Laidley) as a potential replacement for Ross Smith.

Laidley would be a great assistant for Clarko to have, especially on match day in the coaches box, as everyone says laidley is a great tactician.

Surely we will take a look at bringing in the 'junkyard dog' (Dean Laidley) as a potential replacement for Ross Smith.

Laidley would be a great assistant for Clarko to have, especially on match day in the coaches box, as everyone says laidley is a great tactician.

Agree with this :thumbsu:

Did Laidley have a good relationship with the players at North?
If he didnt, it could put a strain on the relationship with our number one trading partner if their players dont want to come to us because of Laidley.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I please have some of whatever it is that you are on. We don't need Laidley as a tactician whilst we have Cameron and Bolton. We don't need Laidely's ego clashing with the other coaches.

Laidley's position at Port Adel is to assist a fledging coach and Clarko ain't that. Nor are Cameron and Bolton.

Can I please have some of whatever it is that you are on. We don't need Laidley as a tactician whilst we have Cameron and Bolton. We don't need Laidely's ego clashing with the other coaches.

Laidley's position at Port Adel is to assist a fledging coach and Clarko ain't that. Nor are Cameron and Bolton.

Mate, I know that Leon Cameron is an outstanding assistant coach but unfortunately for us i also think it is only a matter of time before Leon Cameron and Adam Simpson are offered a senior coaching job at another club, so i think Clarko really needs surround himself with the best assistant coaches available right now.

Laidley is available right now, why wouldnt we consider him? Especially since he is such a great match day strategist.

What has assisting a fledgling in Primus got to do with it. Does that mean he can't assist another experienced coach? Going by your logic, I guess Mark Neeld was no good either and shouldn't have been assisting Malthouse? Whether you are a fledgling coach or a seasoned campaigner you still need to surround yourself with good quality assistant coaches. are you saying Laidley is no good??

I honestly dont think Clarko will want Gary Ayres working alongside him, especially becuase he was so close to getting the senior job in 04 until Jason Dunstall and a few other members of the board stepped in and made sure Clarko got the gig.

Mate, I know that Leon Cameron is an outstanding assistant coach but unfortunately for us i also think it is only a matter of time before Leon Cameron and Adam Simpson are offered a senior coaching job at another club, so i think Clarko really needs surround himself with the best assistant coaches available right now.

What makes you so sure Mr. Simpson will be with us in 2012?

Im not sure that he will be, im very hopeful that he will though. I reckon he is a very good assistant coach and we are lucky to have him.

Not saying i agree or disagree......But based on what ??

Im not sure that he will be, im very hopeful that he will though. I reckon he is a very good assistant coach and we are lucky to have him.

Frankly, I have no idea if he has been a good coach for us or not, but I know him to be a very astute reader of the game.

As a player, especially in his later years, I believe he got more out of his game than his body or skills should have allowed; &, I used to enjoy listening to him commentate & make special comments on the radio the year before he came to us. He would make calls that nobody else seemed to see coming & sure enough he had predicted a trend in the game or something that a coach soon implemented.

Now this in no way makes him a good coach, let alone makes him in line for a senior gig. Just thought that I would add my opinion.

There is absolutely nothing amiss with Roughy. Nothing.

He's very upbeat, progressing well in his rehabilitation and still aiming for round 1 next year. Rumors and heresay about setbacks, further complications and infections are nothing but rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back