Fixture Shield Schedule 22/23

Remove this Banner Ad

The English have responded to the Ashes flogging by ensuring the County red ball schedule includes seven rounds in June and July.

Is it time Cricket Australia restored the Shield to Summer?

The BBL can be easily compressed maybe from around 22 Dec to 15 Jan.

Thoughts?

I think BBL should start around Jan 14 - Feb 14 then the Aussie players can take part.

Shield cricket over the entire Test period.

Aye. Covers the last part of the school hols and a soft landing when they return to school.

I think BBL should start around Jan 14 - Feb 14 then the Aussie players can take part.

Shield cricket over the entire Test period.
I Would love that but I assume CA want finals through the school holidays.

England absolutely need to change their domestic schedule because they don't have as many good as summer months to work with as we do. We can be a little bit more flexible with our schedule. I have no doubt England's demotion of the county season to the fringes when the weather is s**t has had a lot to do with the decline in their batting.

Given the fixture congestion, the only I thing I really wouldn't compromise on is 3 shield games prior to the first test where all test players are available. No T20I's or ODI's during that period. If we want to play to play an away test series during that period, at least have the guys back for 2 rounds of shield prior to the first test. This would be something we shouldn't compromise on.

If we can have 1 round of shield around the time of the second test that would also be great... but that might be dreaming.

The shield schedule is always going to be compromised now unfortunately. But I must say - disregarding the last couple of covid effected years - it has been a lot better than it was around 10 years ago. I liked 2017/18 when we had a real good lead into that Ashes and it showed. That should be the standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back