Shiels and Frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Will they be done?

Frost is lucky that Matera got up straight away. Might get the low impact which will mean a fine with an early plea.

Shiels incident looks ugly but again might be lucky that the cats players gets up and keep going.

Think Frost will get off with a fine and Shiels will get a week due to the "look" of the hit.

Will they be done?

Frost is lucky that Matera got up straight away. Might get the low impact which will mean a fine with an early plea.

Shiels incident looks ugly but again might be lucky that the cats players gets up and keep going.

Think Frost will get off with a fine and Shiels will get a week due to the "look" of the hit.

You really think the Shiels one "looked" worse than the Frost one? The Frost one looked sickening. He is incredibly lucky Matera got straight back up.

You really think the Shiels one "looked" worse than the Frost one? The Frost one looked sickening. He is incredibly lucky Matera got straight back up.

To me the Frost one looked "reckless" where as the Shiels one looked "delibrate".

To be fair to Shiels I actually think he was aiming for the shoulderblades/upper back of the cats player.

To me the Frost one looked "reckless" where as the Shiels one looked "delibrate".

To be fair to Shiels I actually think he was aiming for the shoulderblades/upper back of the cats player.

Shiels wasnt even looking at Lang. He was chasing the guy with the ball. When Lang went to shepherd he threw his arm out and collected him.

Which is why the MRP have called it careless. He has copped a $1k fine. Which is probably reasonable. Instead of throwing out the arm he should have tucked it in for a bump.

And Frost gets 1 week. As expected.

Sickening? How do you watch a game of football if you found that sickening?

It was a tackle. If you excluded the spinning around it was just a tackle. He barely even hit his head on the ground.

Sickening? How do you watch a game of football if you found that sickening?

It was a tackle. If you excluded the spinning around it was just a tackle. He barely even hit his head on the ground.

Barely? Frost is lucky the game was being played on a sand dune. He pinned the arms, lifted and then slung and slammed him in to the ground.

Incredibly lucky.

Barely? Frost is lucky the game was being played on a sand dune. He pinned the arms, lifted and then slung and slammed him in to the ground.

Incredibly lucky.

He spun him around. It wasn't a sling tackle. The force at which his head hit the ground was no greater than in a lot of tackles.

Yet he copped a week where as most tackles end in a free kick to the tackler or a ball up.

So why did he get a week? For being a ginger?

Uuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. He's not a ginger.

They gave him a week because it looked bad. A fine would have been right because if wouldn't have taken things to happen a lot differently for the risk of a serious head knock to have increased. But it wasn't a sling tackle.

Far out HairyO overreacting to a 360 degree tackle much? Your either a very poor troll or only watching footy for the last few years if you think the frost tackle was 'sickening'.
It was a standard, run of the mill tackle a few years ago.
While I don't agree with him being suspended, I'm not as extreme in my view. I think seeing matera got up, took his shot, and played the game out fine, the tackle should only warrant a fine.

While I don't agree with him being suspended, I'm not as extreme in my view. I think seeing matera got up, took his shot, and played the game out fine, the tackle should only warrant a fine.

Hmmm Port fans wouldnt like that sort of thinking, given they believe in their heart that Hodge was trying to kill Chad.

Chad getting up and kicking a goal would mean no more than a fine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back