Opinion Shifter's Best Ever Pick No.3: Judd or Dusty?

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Statistically speaking:

Name​
Team​
Midfield, Forward​
Position​
Midfield​
224​
Career Games​
Bendigo Pioneers​
Origin​
Sandringham Dragons​
June 26, 1991​
Date of Birth​
September 8, 1983​
28yr 6mth​
Age​
36yr 4mth​
187cm​
Height​
189cm
92kg
Weight​
88kg​
Last Drafted In​
Round 1, Pick #3​
Last Draft Position​
Priority Pick #3​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
224​
Games​
Kicks​
12.7​
9.4​
Handballs​
Disposals​
22.9​
Marks​
2.6​
Goals​
0.8​
Behinds​
0.7​
3.1​
Tackles​
Hitouts​
0​
0.9​
Frees For​
Frees Against​
0.8​

In over 200 games for each, Judd has 25% more tackles, yet Dusty gives away twice as many free kicks and Juddy gets 20% more free kicks.
Dusty has had more of the footy though!

Last edited:
At their peaks both incredible.

I reckon Dusty does the incredible more, and probably helps the team more.

But Judd could take a game on by himself and win it - see final against us.

On who they are I'd take Dusty. I reckon he is awesome in our team. We've got Cotch and Judd isn't as good leader as the man with a genuine head of hair.

Judd was the type of leader that would rise to the occasion and pick his team up carrying them over the line.

Leadership is so undervalued when assessing a players worth IMO

I would have Judd ahead for now and was elite for a long time, but by careers end, Dusty could/should have him covered

Last edited:
Comparisons should only ever happen when both players have retired, to do it when one of the players is still playing is stupid IMO.

Not sure that it's stupid, they are considering all No3 Draft Picks and if Dusty was left out, this whole part of the site would melt I'll bet.

As long as Shifter acknowledges that Dusty still has time on his side if he were to select Judd, which I think he may at the moment, then that's as good as you can do. We do carry a touch of bias, and rightly so ;)

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Not sure that it's stupid, they are considering all No3 Draft Picks and if Dusty was left out, this whole part of the site would melt I'll bet.

As long as Shifter acknowledges that Dusty still has time on his side if he were to select Judd, which I think he may at the moment, then that's as good as you can do. We do carry a touch of bias, and rightly so ;)
It is stupid, because we don't know if 2019's number 3 pick will out strip them all, do it when careers's are over because then you can judge them on what they have done because a player who has achieved as much as what Judd has over 14 seasons is always going to out do a player who has just completed his 10th season and still has 5 to go at this stage.

Back