Unsolved Shih tzu & a Terrier X save their human by mauling a sex attacker

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is why I have dogs. :hearteyes:

Two pet dogs have thwarted a sexual assault on a woman at a cemetery in Melbourne's west, fending off the man who attacked their owner.

The woman was walking her dogs — RuPaul the shih tzu and Louie the terrier cross — in Williamstown cemetery as she did every night when she was approached from behind by a man at about 8:30pm on June 29.

"I'd stopped to do something and wait for my dog to come back from chasing a rabbit and I got pushed from behind into the ground," said the woman, known as Kate, which is not her real name.

"It really just came out of nowhere — I didn't hear anyone behind me or around me."

Kate screamed as the man held her in the mud and tried to pull her pants down.

Two-year-old Louie and one-year-old RuPaul then attacked the man, who ran off towards KC White Reserve on Park Crescent.

dogs.jpg

Bravo doggies, savage beasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This however, is horrific. The press thinks it was an American Staffy and from what I can see looks like one, how awful.

A man was killed and a woman seriously injured in a dog attack in Melbourne's north. Police say they found the dog, believed to be an American Staffordshire terrier, still attacking the man in the backyard when they arrived.

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
People should know what to do in a dog attack really, so just in case anybody watching doesn't. If a dog attacks another dog or a person, pick them up by the back legs, lift and twist slightly. Don't start slapping them about the head. They'll let go and if they're still carrying on, you can control them and stay safe at the rear by keeping their back legs off the ground. They have nfi what to do.

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
This however, is horrific. The press thinks it was an American Staffy and from what I can see looks like one, how awful.

A man was killed and a woman seriously injured in a dog attack in Melbourne's north. Police say they found the dog, believed to be an American Staffordshire terrier, still attacking the man in the backyard when they arrived.

Be interested to know if it was their own dog?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FR0GGY

Press the button
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
People should know what to do in a dog attack really, so just in case anybody watching doesn't. If a dog attacks another dog or a person, pick them up by the back legs, lift and twist slightly. Don't start slapping them about the head. They'll let go and if they're still carrying on, you can control them and stay safe at the rear by keeping their back legs off the ground. They have nfi what to do.
What if it’s a 3 legged dog?

Top Bottom