Politics & Government s**t Liberal voters say

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with most of the post but WRT this, who does? Australia is f’ed because every 3-4 years there are only two realistic options. You can vote Greens or One Nation or whoever occupies each end of the spectrum but it still filters back to team red or team blue. Take out ScoMo today (sounds good) and tomorrow you have Albo (sounds less so). Liberal are supposed to be the party who are pro-business, Labor are supposed to be the party who are pro-worker.

Both parties stand for nothing and are hamstrung by their own internal factions. We've got happy clappy numpty ScoMo from the right of the Liberals leading and Albo from the left of the ALP in opposition which is a ******* disaster. In a parallel universe there is an Australia with Malcolm Turnbull and Chris Bowen or something in those positions. The Liberal right and Labor left are the problem.

I saw a US comedian (I think it was Lewis Black but don't quote me on that) say that the Republicans were the party of dumb ideas and the Democrats were the party of no ideas. That's scarily accurate in describing Liberal and Labor. Still accurate if you flip them around too. I watched Q&A last night and someone said that the general public 'trust' Labor more to manage the environment. Yet their dude the party voted to have as their leader is touring around talking up coal.

This is what right wingers do: Pretend Labor is 'just as bad'. Demonstrably false. They know selling their right wing beliefs is a waste of time so work on claiming everyone is awful, just as awful as the Liberals, so why not eh?? #fakeapathy

Australia isn't as cut and dry as 'red or blue', One Nation still have core differences from Liberal despite being more conservative in many other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what right wingers do: Pretend Labor is 'just as bad'. Demonstrably false. They know selling their right wing beliefs is a waste of time so work on claiming everyone is awful, just as awful as the Liberals, so why not eh?? #fakeapathy

The federal Labor leader says Australia can continue to mine and export coal while also having strong climate change policies.

"If Australia stopped exporting today there would not be less demand for coal - the coal would come from a different place," Mr Albanese told Nine newspapers on Monday.

You are right. Liberal and Labor are different. So, so different.

#lightweight

How's Lachie Whitfield coming along?

I hear he's signed a mega multi-million $$$ 7 year contract.....That makes him join both Kelly & Cogs, with Cameron set to join them soon.

Clearly the AFL have learn't diddly squat in allowing one club to sign multiple deals like this in the wake of the Buddy & Tippett fiasco at Sydney....Once Taranto & Greene sign new deals, that'll be 6 blokes taking up almost half their cap.....Less Ambassadorial payments- of course.

So much for level playing fields.....Gilligan is an unmitigated joke.

Agree with most of the post but WRT this, who does? Australia is f’ed because every 3-4 years there are only two realistic options. You can vote Greens or One Nation or whoever occupies each end of the spectrum but it still filters back to team red or team blue. Take out ScoMo today (sounds good) and tomorrow you have Albo (sounds less so). Liberal are supposed to be the party who are pro-business, Labor are supposed to be the party who are pro-worker.

Both parties stand for nothing and are hamstrung by their own internal factions. We've got happy clappy numpty ScoMo from the right of the Liberals leading and Albo from the left of the ALP in opposition which is a ******* disaster. In a parallel universe there is an Australia with Malcolm Turnbull and Chris Bowen or something in those positions. The Liberal right and Labor left are the problem.

I saw a US comedian (I think it was Lewis Black but don't quote me on that) say that the Republicans were the party of dumb ideas and the Democrats were the party of no ideas. That's scarily accurate in describing Liberal and Labor. Still accurate if you flip them around too. I watched Q&A last night and someone said that the general public 'trust' Labor more to manage the environment. Yet their dude the party voted to have as their leader is touring around talking up coal.

Yeah gotta say I hold them both in low regard. But I do think, over time, Labor are the ones who put in place long term, beneficial reform.

Yeah gotta say I hold them both in low regard. But I do think, over time, Labor are the ones who put in place long term, beneficial reform.

Not unreasonable, but that's reflective of era as much as anything. A vote for Labor isn't a vote for Hawke or Keating or Whitlam, it's a vote for Shorten or Albo. A vote for Liberal isn't a vote for Howard of Menzies or Fraser, it's a vote for ScoMo - or whoever is next in line when the factions knif ehim.

The Liberals are scrambling for ideas to keep them in power, Labor are scrambling for ideas that will get them back in. Neither are meaningfully looking forward.

For all those they're both as bad as each other types. Muchos grazias to Punt rd end for this gem of compassionate conservatism.

Perhaps if they grew a spine & ceased from being complicit with the Liberals in selling out our Democracy, freedom of speech & right to criticise to the Feds, ASIO, the IPA, Ruprect & Gina.

Until then, they're just the Liberal party lite brew…...Good for basically *-all.

Not unreasonable, but that's reflective of era as much as anything. A vote for Labor isn't a vote for Hawke or Keating or Whitlam, it's a vote for Shorten or Albo. A vote for Liberal isn't a vote for Howard of Menzies or Fraser, it's a vote for ScoMo - or whoever is next in line when the factions knif ehim.

The Liberals are scrambling for ideas to keep them in power, Labor are scrambling for ideas that will get them back in. Neither are meaningfully looking forward.

Absolutely. Through I think Labor still have a bit of a crack. The NDIS was great policy. So was the CPRS, but what a mess the implementation of it was. Rudd lost his balls in doing it, Turnbull got knifed (the first time) in doing it and Abbott destroyed it.

Franking credits was bold policy and the right thing to do. Unfortunately for Labor nobody trusted Shorten (and they were probably right not to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Through I think Labor still have a bit of a crack. The NDIS was great policy. So was the CPRS, but what a mess the implementation of it was. Rudd lost his balls in doing it, Turnbull got knifed (the first time) in doing it and Abbott destroyed it.

Franking credits was bold policy and the right thing to do. Unfortunately for Labor nobody trusted Shorten (and they were probably right not to).

Where is the next good leader going to come from? Assuming ScoMo eventually gets knifed who is next? Frydenburg? Taylor? Dutton to have another crack? I thought Christian Porter was half decent when he was in state politics but as AG extended the religious freedom bill despite not even being from the religious right. Ugh.

Assuming the ALP win the next election (big assumption given they somehow didn't win 2019) then we get Albo. If they punt him then who? Plibersek?

It seems looking in that everyone with half a brain who doesn't need to be in politics to have a job has moved on and that one by one the candidates that people actually like either get knifed or walk away.

Keating wanted a GST
Keating sold govt assets for far less than their worth
Keating and Hawke destroyed the union movement

Where is the next good leader going to come from? Assuming ScoMo eventually gets knifed who is next? Frydenburg? Taylor? Dutton to have another crack? I thought Christian Porter was half decent when he was in state politics but as AG extended the religious freedom bill despite not even being from the religious right. Ugh.

Assuming the ALP win the next election (big assumption given they somehow didn't win 2019) then we get Albo. If they punt him then who? Plibersek?

It seems looking in that everyone with half a brain who doesn't need to be in politics to have a job has moved on and that one by one the candidates that people actually like either get knifed or walk away.

Jim Chalmers. Seems like a Queenslander with a brain. Remarkable.

"Scotty is a good guy".

That would be the same bloke who issued an edict to his staff as Immigration Minster that all asylum seekers be referred to as illegals or detainees in order to dehumanise them.
In fairness to Scottty that was before the 190g of empathy training

Im sure he will be right after he finishes the cert 3 in hand shaking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back