Shit things your teachers did

NaturalDisaster

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
Inspired by the going to toilet during class thread.

What are some shitty things/rules/punishments your teachers gave out when you were in school?

My grade 4 teacher used to yell at students for taking a drink of water while he was teaching. Which was pretty ridiculous imo, it's only water and kids have a right to drink it. He was actually a good teacher and quite well liked but he was a bit of a control freak at the same time.

Doc_

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
We used to get canned for forgetting our books or not doing your homework.
Very rarely did anyone forget their books or not do their homework.
I forgot a book once, never again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perthblue

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
In Primary School at various times we had French lessons and Indonesian lessons, both teachers would smack students on the shoulder or back for misbehaving. Sounds like nothing maybe to people who grew up with the cane, but it was notably out of place in a classroom in 2001.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Year 9 female science teacher accused me of sexual harassment. Got summoned to the Principals office, parents were involved and it was a pretty bad situation all around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
In Year 12 Vis Com, our teacher would often let one student head across the road to a 7 Eleven and get a coffee. The classroom was right near an exit so it was easy to leave, but she said she would only allow him to go if he bought her a coffee as well, and that she’d tell the coordinators that he’s leaving school mid class, if he doesn’t.

Firestarter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So one time I needed to take a tinkle but I wasn't allowed out of class...

Nah. More of the "other kids gave me shit. I tried giving it back and that's when the teacher saw it. Bitch accused me of picking on others."

Smoooothy

TAKE THAT BACK!!
Jan 12, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide; ConeyIslandWarriors
when I was in year 9 and getting beat up on a daily basis, I got punched in the back of the head one day randomly in class which knocked me out. I got 2 days detention for this because "I must have done something in order to have this happen"

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
when I was in year 9 and getting beat up on a daily basis, I got punched in the back of the head one day randomly in class which knocked me out. I got 2 days detention for this because "I must have done something in order to have this happen"

NaturalDisaster

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
The mentality of some of the older generations... Don't problem solve, just assume.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought of another one. I once had a verbal stoush with another classmate. She smacked me on my face and i told her to get $/^€£*&.She got no punishment. I had to clean desks. Swearing was less acceptable than physical violence apparently.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
One of my teachers rang up my parents and told them I was a lazy kent (true, no argument there). Parents being proper parents and not just 'our child is perfect, you are WRONG!' asked if I was being disruptive (I wasn't) and how my marks were (top of the class, unsubtle brag) then wondered what the big deal was.

GeelongFTW

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Year 9 female science teacher accused me of sexual harassment. Got summoned to the Principals office, parents were involved and it was a pretty bad situation all around.
some chick made up all this crap about me in earshot of some relief teacher (clearly made-up nonsense) but she thought she was being serious. and actually reported it. :rolleyes: She said straight away that nothing was true so no real harm done.

Top Bottom