Entertainment & Music Shitty annoying TV ads

Remove this Banner Ad

One shitting me at the moment - Foxtel “It’s just not cricket!”

Full of families that just happen to be Anglo Saxon / sub Continental mixed-race. It’s such clumsy, transparent, wanky work from marketing knobs saying “we have to hit all our racial segments!” *in cynical, tokenistic horseshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the girl isn't even that attractive... lol

giphy.gif

Cross promotion are the ads that I hate mightily. I only watch sports on FTA these days, so an ad is a break in play and a reminder to get up and progress some chore or other.

But the in programme cross promotion requires ninja level muting. Nine's Summer of Cricket nearly did me in last year. No Ian Healy, I'm not going to watch The Block so I don't care what Mark Taylor thinks about it. Similarly I don't care who Adam Gilchrist thinks is going into the jungle because I shan't be watching that either. And the cavalcade of campaigners that get cycled through the set for an "opinion" on Grand Final or Aus GP or probably that horsee thing we just had.

Cross promotion are the ads that I hate mightily. I only watch sports on FTA these days, so an ad is a break in play and a reminder to get up and progress some chore or other.

But the in programme cross promotion requires ninja level muting. Nine's Summer of Cricket nearly did me in last year. No Ian Healy, I'm not going to watch The Block so I don't care what Mark Taylor thinks about it. Similarly I don't care who Adam Gilchrist thinks is going into the jungle because I shan't be watching that either. And the cavalcade of campaigners that get cycled through the set for an "opinion" on Grand Final or Aus GP or probably that horsee thing we just had.

With racing we’re very lucky to have racing.com which is just a normal, dedicated racing channel.

The Channel 7 coverage is horrendous, as you describe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back