Shock Entertainment give Beyond Entertainment Distribution Rights (NAME A GAME and other AFL DVDs)

Big Macca

Draftee
Apr 29, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Name a Game in it's current form won't be changing, but expect big things from Beyond HE once they get a handle on the archive. Keep and eye out for AFL content on the beyondhe.com.au over the coming week.

Hopefully this means the AFL can launch an online subscription service to replace Name A Game. Live Pass only goes back to 2010.
I'd rather have the option to keep a digital copy, like when you buy a movie through itunes

I feel like the AFL has acquired to archive. They're posting a lot of older stuff on their site and YouTube of recent

I feel like the AFL has acquired to archive. They're posting a lot of older stuff on their site and YouTube of recent
Would explain the “Rare Footage” they posted of Plugger kicking 16 v Fitzroy. I think you’re on to something.
Hopefully they can get Buddy’s 2.11 v the Bulldogs in 2007 on there soon :p

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
I'm guessing they started a new series as the AFL Classics didn't actually use video direct from the Broadcast Tapes (At least not in Collingwood Volume II. You can really tell in the 2002 Qualifying Final disc if you compare it with the version in the 2002 Victory Pack from AFV or the highlights on YouTube.) and in this series they're presenting it as straight from the Broadcast Tapes which is an improvement.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back on theory of the AFL getting the achieve. They just uploaded the whole last quarter of the 05 elim

They announced the another day that they are going to start uploading classic final quarters on YouTube, and you could vote what 4th quarter of a game you wanted uploaded - the vote was between the 2005 SF and the "miracle on grass". They are going to do this every Thursday.

I can see the AFL getting into uploading a lot of old games, at the expense of channels that have done the same :'( (with copyright takedowns - which has happened before). They probably want to rake as much ad revenue as possible through their channel.

Still wish that the AFL did not get rid of the old online Bigpond archive with all those old games. Where are you supposed to get any game from the 2000s now, with the DVD delivery service out of action? I'm surprised they haven't chucked all those old games from the Bigpond servers into the Telstra AFL Live Pass service.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Still wish that the AFL did not get rid of the old online Bigpond archive with all those old games. Where are you supposed to get any game from the 2000s now, with the DVD delivery service out of action? I'm surprised they haven't chucked all those old games from the Bigpond servers into the Telstra AFL Live Pass service.
The quality was pretty poor on these old games, you couldn't watch them full screen without severe pixelation.

They announced the another day that they are going to start uploading classic final quarters on YouTube, and you could vote what 4th quarter of a game you wanted uploaded - the vote was between the 2005 SF and the "miracle on grass". They are going to do this every Thursday.

I can see the AFL getting into uploading a lot of old games, at the expense of channels that have done the same :'( (with copyright takedowns - which has happened before). They probably want to rake as much ad revenue as possible through their channel.

It will be interesting to see which move they make next with all these games up their sleeves. Surely they know they can make a buck of the collectors? or Diehards?

I can't see the AFL uploading whole games though without redirecting people through a pay wall.

I have noticed there has been a recent influx of take downs, AussieRules70's80's90's had a bulk of his videos taken down. Mostly 80's i didn't think the AFL had an interest in protecting those older games. In the past anything from that era was fair game. But now they have those games covered it dose make me think that they're planning something after the take downs

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It will be interesting to see which move they make next with all these games up their sleeves. Surely they know they can make a buck of the collectors? or Diehards?

I can't see the AFL uploading whole games though without redirecting people through a pay wall.

I have noticed there has been a recent influx of take downs, AussieRules70's80's90's had a bulk of his videos taken down. Mostly 80's i didn't think the AFL had an interest in protecting those older games. In the past anything from that era was fair game. But now they have those games covered it dose make me think that they're planning something after the take downs

I don't expect my channel to be around for much longer

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Finally sorta happened to me
upload_2018-12-5_15-44-41.png

Back