Shock Entertainment give Beyond Entertainment Distribution Rights (NAME A GAME and other AFL DVDs)

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
Finally sorta happened to me
View attachment 592444
Well, I better start Shazaming those Quarter Break Highlight Songs on those games ripped from the Bigpond service before the channel is gone. I'm certainly not going to get the opportunity with the better quality copies. (They tend to cut the licenced songs from the other releases to not pay royalties.)

GetAroundHim99

Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It would be interesting if you still have the rips, They've also been giving me some good memories of nostalgia for Fox Footy v1.

GetAroundHim99

Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Actually, Anyone thought of backing up to archive.org? I've seen a few people back-up their stuff to there as well recently.

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
Finally sorta happened to me
View attachment 592444

AFL will allow 10 minutes of any match to be uploaded.

The AFL took down a 15 minute video I had up of Fevola vs. Buddy in round 22 2008, I noticed a few months later that they had uploaded this
Which is a higher quality version with interviews included, but besides that, almost an identical cut of my video, which is still online within this

reaction video. They also called their video almost exactly the same thing i had.

It's like they find out what AFL videos are popular (my video was getting 1000 views a day at that point), take them down, then upload them themselves.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL will allow 10 minutes of any match to be uploaded.

The AFL took down a 15 minute video I had up of Fevola vs. Buddy in round 22 2008, I noticed a few months later that they had uploaded this
Which is a higher quality version with interviews included, but besides that, almost an identical cut of my video, which is still online within this

reaction video. They also called their video almost exactly the same thing i had.

It's like they find out what AFL videos are popular (my video was getting 1000 views a day at that point), take them down, then upload them themselves.
Funny that they haven't taken down the whole game you are talking about from my channel.

The video that got me striked, according to what the AFL lodged against me, was stealing content from a video that the AFL had uploaded all the way back in 2014 about the goal Buddy scored in that goal. So for some reason the reason my video got taken down was because it clashed with an existing video from the AFL's channel, and not because I actually uploaded the quarter of the game itself. Strange.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

RichoWAPT

Senior List
Aug 11, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Name a Game in it's current form won't be changing, but expect big things from Beyond HE once they get a handle on the archive. Keep and eye out for AFL content on the beyondhe.com.au over the coming week.

Over 3 years later, and we're all still waiting for these "big things"

Aside from scrapping the old archive of individual games, and cheap production of low quality dvd's, we haven't seen many changes.

• The re-introduction of the old archive with the ability to select single games (Absolute minimum quality should be dual layer DVD discs)
  • Season Box sets (for every team not just the premiers) **Maybe just the wins?
  • and More games than just the Grand Final on Blu-ray would be a good start.

Last edited:
Back