Solved Shocked Judge Jails Wife-Killer for Life. "It was grotesquely violent"

Remove this Banner Ad

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been sitting on this one for awhile, not sure how to post it. The above story was in the news in Victoria back in March, the name had been supressed to protect the identities of the children.

I know who it is. His name was all over the media back in July, 2016, being questioned in relation to his missing wife and an unidentified body found in Dallas which was thought to be that of his missing wife. He was also being questioned with regards to assaults against his three children. The injuries to the children it was reported at the time included broken bones and one being unconscious.

The children were all aged under 6. The missing wife, who had come to Australia from Lebanon due to an arranged marriage was 27 and her husband was 36

I looked after him for a spell at Barwon prison where he was remanded for something not related to this. He was eventually acquitted along with a number of his co-accused, some others were convicted and sentenced.

What was reported in the media with regards to the killing are :

There was nothing spontaneous or sudden about the killing, Justice Lasry told the court, and after a history of emotional and physical violence against his wife, the man tortured and killed her in their Melbourne home on June 17, 2016.

After slashing his wife's face, the man ripped her right eye from its socket and cut off some of her fingers. He inflicted further degradation too graphic to report.

He did all of this in front of the children.

Justice Lasry said the man's wife essentially bled to death, but given the number of injuries from different weapons, it was hard to say what caused her to die.

One of his children described the killing as a slaughter. Her body was wrapped in plastic and placed in the boot of the family car before her husband drove, with the children, to a nearby suburb to dump her.

His children later told homicide squad detectives that their father sat on the boot of the car, as if ‘‘waiting to see if Mummy got up’’.

He then bought the children pastries and soft drinks with their mother’s bank card.

So the husband slashed her, ripped out an eye and cut off fingers. She bled to death but there were so many different injuries, inflicted using different weapons that they couldn't determine exactly which one was the cause of death. If all they would release was the first 3 injuries then I shudder to think what else he did to this poor woman.

I know humans can be evil but for the life of me I don't understand how you could do this to someone and to do it in front of your children.

May the mother of the children rest in peace and may the murdering father go slowly insane while he is incarcerated and never spend a second of the rest of his life a free 'man'.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ils-wife-killer-for-life-20180329-p4z6vt.html

There are still stories online from July 2016 that identify him, they are plentiful but I'm not going to put them up here since his name has been suppressed but they're not particularly hard to find.

I looked after him for a spell at Barwon prison where he was remanded for something not related to this. He was eventually acquitted along with a number of his co-accused, some others were convicted and sentenced.

What happened to her is beyond imagining. If he'd taken more care in disposing her body and she wasn't discovered, I wonder if anybody would even be looking for her and how many more women there might be trapped in these arranged marriages in a foreign country, isolated and friendless.

Was he devout? He have trouble with other remandees?

What happened to her is beyond imagining. If he'd taken more care in disposing her body and she wasn't discovered, I wonder if anybody would even be looking for her and how many more women there might be trapped in these arranged marriages in a foreign country, isolated and friendless.

Was he devout? He have trouble with other remandees?

No. From memory at least one of the other remandees was a brother and they were all like minded and housed together, segregated from the rest of the prison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back