SHOCKING, DEMENTED, VIOLENT CRIMES IN SA & WA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGYPTIAN HORSE

Senior List
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur Brooklyn Nets
Why, do you think, South Australia & Western Australia have such an alarmingly high rate of seriously shocking and violent crimes? There seem to be many serial abductions, sex crimes, murders and other nasty acts that happen in these 2 states.

Is it the terrific distances between cities and the rest of the civilised world that turns more people into violent nut jobs in SA & WA ? All that open space and less population leaving those idle hands in a state of psychopathic dementia?

It would be interesting to do a study on this phenomena & I'm sure academics have done so already.

For those not familiar with the kind of crimes I speak of, we can fill readers in here:

CSK,
Snowtown

please add to the list (will update as they are brought to attention in this thread)

Last edited:
Why, do you think, South Australia & Western Australia have such an alarmingly high rate of seriously shocking and violent crimes? There seem to be many serial abductions, sex crimes, murders and other nasty acts that happen in these 2 states.

Is it the terrific distances between cities and the rest of the civilised world that turns more people into violent nut jobs in SA & WA ? All that open space and less population leaving those idle hands in a state of psychopathic dementia?

It would be interesting to do a study on this phenomena & I'm sure academics have done so already.

For those not familiar with the kind of crimes I speak of, we can fill readers in here:

CSK,
Snowtown

please add to the list

You couldn't say that CSK is worse than say an Ivan Milat, it is only of note because it went unsolved.

The Snowtown/barrels case was linked to unemployment and I assume drug use. I think South Australia's issue stems from it's economy rather than an inherent psychopathy of its citizens.

EDIT: The grouping of mentally ill people in poor suburbs of poor states is the issue together with the welfare system.

• Banned
You couldn't say that CSK is worse than say an Ivan Milat, it is only of note because it went unsolved.

The Snowtown/barrels case was linked to unemployment and I assume drug use. I think South Australia's issue stems from it's economy rather than an inherent psychopathy of its citizens.

EDIT: The grouping of mentally ill people in poor suburbs of poor states is the issue together with the welfare system.

How do mean it is affected by economy?

• Banned
Good points Moonwalker, but when we see the "family" "car dealer" guy who raped and attempted to kill the girls at Salt Creek the other week? Or the people claiming centrelink from the woman and child that was found in the suitcase by the highway in SA?

It boggles the mind......the list of crimes like this goes on and on and on

Good points Moonwalker, but when we see the "family" "car dealer" guy who raped and attempted to kill the girls at Salt Creek the other week? Or the people claiming centrelink from the woman and child that was found in the suitcase by the highway in SA?

It boggles the mind......the list of crimes like this goes on and on and on
The suitcase was an NT/Canberra crime, nothing to do with us :)

I don't think the Salt Creek crime really separates SA from other states. There will always be crimes in every state.

Having said that SA had the family murders. Maybe rich people tend towards more hedonistic activities when they live in poor society. When mixed with psychopathy you get people who devalue the poor people around them to the extent that any act against them is justifiable.
The FBI bloke brought out to australia to teach our top coppers about mafia made some sort of statement along the lines of SA being the best place for a serial killer to work,and that was in the 1960's.

Seems to be a million unsolved murders/disappearances across both states as well... Seems that anybody outside the fringes of a thriving population is fair game.... Whether it be beach abduction/murder, stalking serial killer or oppurtunist, there seems to be a high % compared to the rest of Australia ...

Looking through the Austlii database recently at Supreme Court decisions for these States is staggering.

I think you are trolling :)

Yes SA and WA have had some very strange runs of crimes .

But for every Christopher Worral I can name a Derek Percy or John Glover. It happens everywhere and isn't confined to 2 states. Enjoy the berley

Some one actually made a docco called 'Adelaide, World Murder Capital', but the SA gov stopped it going to air. The Aust institute of criminology dismissed it also.
Good read:
http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s635701.htm

Even Top Gear had a go. Pretty funny tho:

"Being home to serial killers, and sharks, and probably also serial-killing sharks, and heavy rain, Adelaide is thus a grand place to drive away from".
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/killing-adelaides-murder-myth/story-e6frea6u-1226006599753

Must admit, our murders are pretty ****ed up tho, which makes them stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like some stats before I start even thinking of reasons as to why there are 'more' or 'a higher number per capita' of murders and serial killers...

For all we know, there isn't. It's hard to think of legitimate reasons for a hypothetical that could either be proven/disproven...

Whilst threads for the crimes exist ( with exception) discussing stats on cities offers no new material or discussion points.

Let's keep the discussion to the actual crime rather than geographic generalisations.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back