Shocking news!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
same line different slant... Vince referred to the subliminal messages your club has always pushed.

me... i am more for a 136 BPM deep trance number that the red army could wave glow sticks to whilst sucking down chuppa-chups giving each other big hugs believing everything was just dandy! I think this could really make it big round the club scene...

but lets not digress here...drugs!!! who took em??? We have a right to know which weagles have been on the Bolivian marching powder!

Re: Neither shocking nor news

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

This is old news that has been dealt with by the club already. For those that read gossip on the internet, it was widely reported 2 off seasons ago that 2 well-known Eagles players were taking drugs on holiday in Amsterdam. I could name them, but I won't because I don't know if it's true.

I don't remember hearing about this. But, I am interested to know which players were SUPPOSEDLY involved.

I think you will find that the media know far more dirt than they actually ever publish

They know all about whose doing what drugs and drinking what and having sex with whose wife but they don't print it.

It would be naive to think that some footy players don't do drugs.

Logical reasoning would say they do.

Originally posted by S.J Rollin
me... i am more for a 136 BPM deep trance number

Geez, that'd sound alright, actually. And while they're at it they can always speed your club's dirge up to 33 RPM
that the red army could wave glow sticks to whilst sucking down chuppa-chups giving each other big hugs believing everything was just dandy! I think this could really make it big round the club scene...

Look, that might be how they do things at the Left Bank but leave us out of it, okay?
but lets not digress here...drugs!!! who took em??? We have a right to know which weagles have been on the Bolivian marching powder!
Stay tuned, I'm sure the Sunday Times will enlighten us next week - it'll be in there somewhere between the "100 greatest pet rabbit photos of all time" colour liftout and the article about Freo recruiting Johnno Hay in 2007

Well said

Originally posted by Jars458
I think you will find that the media know far more dirt than they actually ever publish

They know all about whose doing what drugs and drinking what and having sex with whose wife but they don't print it.

It would be naive to think that some footy players don't do drugs.

Logical reasoning would say they do.

Well said Jars.Surely people don't think that just because they play footy that the players are not susceptible to the taking of drugs.They smoke and drink alcohol why wouldn't some of them take drugs.I am sure there are players in all teams who have dabbled in the use.

What a joke Micky calling the press manipulative,who manipulated who when he was at the Eagles.Micky Micky Micky,tut tut.

Originally posted by Jars458

They know all about whose doing what drugs and drinking what and having sex with whose wife but they don't print it...
...because they also "know" an equal amount of total bollocks, and can't separate the two without running the risk of a whopping great lawsuit.

How do you tell which is which? You don't, you just wait for the real evidence to filter it out...

Re: Well said

Originally posted by anchor man

Well said Jars.Surely people don't think that just because they play footy that the players are not susceptible to the taking of drugs.They smoke and drink alcohol why wouldn't some of them take drugs.I am sure there are players in all teams who have dabbled in the use.

What a joke Micky calling the press manipulative,who manipulated who when he was at the Eagles.Micky Micky Micky,tut tut.
lol

I agree with you.

Mick Malthouse should learn to keep his mouth permenantly shut until the AFL do their own investigations into the matter!

Originally posted by carneagles

Two words - Dale Lewis

Use the Sunday Times as a news source? I wouldn't even use it to clean up after the dog

That's exactly what I was thinking...and indeed that is the best call I've heard all week. The Sunday Times is sensationalist journalism, and shocking at that. Never any actual news content. Not that melbourne papers appear to be any better :/

Anyone who doesn't believe the media is highly manipulative should start by reading the book "The Sellout in the Captive Press", by David Bowman (Penguin books). But there are many more interesting books about the matter.

Anyone who doesn't believe the media is highly manipulative should start by watching that bloody travesty of a show "Today Tonight". My god what a joke, dont forget to watch for Monika's facial expressions at the end of each story to convey the emotion she's been told to feel.

So it all happened two years ago under the auspices of that well-known rabble rouser Ken Judge and there is nothing to worry about and nothing to fear. If it happened two years ago, it may as well not have happened at all. Anyway, it is all the fault of that tabloid gutterpress Sunday Times and they made it all up and everything is fine and who cares anyway it is just ecstacy and cocaine and I am sure we will get back to being the clean-cut cuddly boys that set new standards in excellence and machine-like precision and all-round wholesome goodness.

Read the front page of The West. Do your maths again. Wake up to yourselves. Your team has been the glamour team for a decade and the dudes who play there think their caca doesn't smell. Like all long-running dynasties, the decay and decadence has set in. They were given the keys to the city and they used them to head down the Wembley Hotel and the Deen, get hammered and behave like disco-biscuit eating morons for whom there is no tomorrow. Well, guess what? It's tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, read the front page twice. The police are investigating their own procedures (which shouldn't play favourites, by the way) and the club is looking into the allegations. Still no hard facts or names

Cute rant, though

"Cute rant, though"

Thanks. I could have put more effort in but I am at work - you know how it is.

My point is that it all allegedly happened last year. 2001. Not two years ago and Ken Judge can be blamed for all sorts of things but not chucking eccie down anyone's throat. (He could actually do with necking a couple himself).

Even that dissembler of truth Michael Smith admitted this was news to the club. (Which impliedly indicates he was aware and was hiding the other two-year-old allegations)

I don't actually care if your players take illicit substances. It is not that unusual for young men to do. I just object to the whole holier-than-thou market-driven perception that these dudes are clean-cut paragons of virtue. They are, quite plainly, not. Don't lie to me just to squeeze some more cash out of little kids and grandmas.

I think this will all be pie in the sky stuff. I really think it's no big deal, and like to think the players are more professional than that.

Still mayhaps, it could turn into a movie...The Club Part 2 :)

I just hope when the dust settles, the real truth will come out, and things will settle down again. I noted some moronic shocker supporters are having their fun with the Eagles right now, but come round one, it will be our turn to hang crap on the shockers. :D

Fremantle are a waste of space.... ;)

Go the Eagles!!!!!

Originally posted by S.J Rollin

The only thing Judgey kept telling his players was to see if they could get their hands on the pill for once.

well, they must have done alright..if I remember, that poor excuse of a football team called Freo Shockers finished last, so mayhaps they need to get some of the pill too....

Fremantle..WOODEN SPOONERS!!!!
hahahaha..:D

Anyone read in the paper today that this 'drug dealer' claims that no Eagle took any drugs but he was just a close friend with one of them.

Bigger,

Nobody is blaming Judge for any alleged drugs offences. VoR made the point that team discipline was up the crapper under Judge, which may have played a part - anything more is just an exaggeration of the position

And nobody (I hope) is seriously suggesting that the players are "clean-cut paragons of virtue" - it's a footy club, for chrissakes. But they're not all pill popping drug addicts either, and they should get the same benefit that we'd all get if we were charged with a drug offence - that you're innocent until there's some proof to the contrary. And why should the club lose money over an allegation that may have been freshly pulled out of some reporter's butt?

The story is still extremely short on hard facts. The club sure as hell isn't backing it up. Judge and German (who wouldn't exactly have the Eagles on the Xmas card list) deny it. The guy allegedly on the tape denies it. The coppers only appear to be concerned with their own procedures. And I'm no fan of Smith, but your implication that he's been sitting on drug allegations for two years is reaching a bit

It's not hard to see it as just the Sunday Times cashing in on the Dale Lewis issue

As for the last para of your rant - find me an AFL player who doesn't think his ***** smells like lavender. Hell, you've only got to name a kid as an AFL draft prospect and the next thing you know, he can't get his head through doorways

I just found out who the two eagles at the centre of these allegations are, and it was a shock to me who they were. Look I don't have the balls to post it because of defamation and the rest of it, but I hope these allegations are baseless and these players were not actually using cocaine.

Originally posted by i_luv_westcoast
I just found out who the two eagles at the centre of these allegations are, and it was a shock to me who they were. Look I don't have the balls to post it because of defamation and the rest of it, but I hope these allegations are baseless and these players were not actually using cocaine.

DO NOT even think about posting names. So far I have had people tell me 5 different names who are "certainly the ones".

Which only goes to prove that there's more potential Sunday Times journalists in the population at large than is healthy.

I thought it was a reasonably ordinary rant actually Bigger. You'll need to improve considerably if you want to maintain your troll status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back