Short-Lived or Forgotten Media Careers of Ex-Players

Remove this Banner Ad

There's footage around of Brad Green doing postgame with Andy Maher one night...never again

I have to agree on Banfield... you expect that when they start it won't be great and they will need to gain confidence and polish. Drew though... it was clear that he should never have got past casting. Painfully bad. Not strange or awkward just painfully bad. Lasted a month I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously not a player, but does anyone remember Raquel Stevens, Rex Hunt's very pretty co-host of the Sunday morning show 'I'm Rex Hunt & You're Not' in the early 1990s? She was sports journalist for Channel 7, but seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth. I'm starting to wonder if she even existed, or was a figment of my imagination.

Craig Bradley. I don't think he made it past the pre season. Really didn't know when it was time to give his 2 cents worth.

I really enjoyed Bucks as a commentator.

Though I appreciate the contribution he's made as a coach.

I guess its Kirk's earnestness made him inspiring as a captain and coach also makes him a dud in media. Likewise Roos' lame folksiness comes off like a dad joke on TV but it somehow worked on the playing group.
Except that the teams Roos coached seemed to improve significantly as soon as he left.

Poor old Drew is still copping it - clearly a lovely bloke given a shot with no real inclination to be in the spotlight - was very odd him popping up in that role!

I think the OP is right - Glenn Archer - what a shocker!

Absolutely not suited to that role - replacing his old mate Carey no less if I recall correctly. For a show that prides itself on contrived arguments and ‘controvesial’ statements it was painful watching them try and force Archer into conversations only for him to blurt out a tedious cliche he picked up at mid 90s footy player media training. Mercifully off our screens within a season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back