Sports Short people that defied their size disadvantage in sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Muggsy Bogues 5 ft 3 in the NBA :eek:

Tahik Cohen 5 ft 6 Chicago running back

Jon Seiben 5 ft 8 mowing down the 6 ft 7 Michael Gross in the 200 fly.

List any you can think of here please.

Sieben was 5'8"? * me, I had no idea.

Happy PC warriors?

fmd.

Ummm yeh... went to school with a kid who was bullied mercilessly because of his dwarfism. Try consoling a 12 yr old who has spent weeks in hospital trying to get his legs strengthened so he could stand up right, let alone walk, only to have others refer to him as a 'midget' and other worse comments. All your smart arse use of the term does is reinforce an attitude that should have died in the 1980s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short? I think you mean vertically challenged.

Ummm yeh... went to school with a kid who was bullied mercilessly because of his dwarfism. Try consoling a 12 yr old who has spent weeks in hospital trying to get his legs strengthened so he could stand up right, let alone walk, only to have others refer to him as a 'midget' and other worse comments. All your smart arse use of the term does is reinforce an attitude that should have died in the 1980s.
Do any of these guys have dwarfism? Do you think olympic gold medalist Jon Sieben would be offended if if I called him a midget?

The amount of PC stupid in society scares me at times and I'm only a man of average intelligence.

Maradona was only 5'5" - he went alright
Soccer's one sport where being short isn't a disadvantage. Messi, Scholes, Sanchez, Iniesta, Xavi, Ribery, Lahm are all either 170cm or under. Even Pele is only 173cm. Jorge Campos is a good example from soccer though. Stood at only 168cm and played as a keeper when they're generally 183 and above. Made up for it with his athleticism and by having an insane leap.

Johnny 'The Rat' Platten did alright for 170cm....Absolute gun, speed to burn & there was no better seller of the candy in the game than he.....Beautiful long accurate kick on him too for a short-arse.

Lionel Messi also goes alright for 170cms.....As one spanish coach was heard to say....'When the Barcelona team arrives & gets off the team bus, Messi looks like a total scholl-boy among men, but when you see him out on the pitch, he makes all the others look like boys.'....Nuff said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back