Short-Term Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Posted a specific example of this I was considering in the R3 Trades thread, but more generally - what's everyone's opinion on short-term trading? I'm talking about riding a high score from a mid-priced player, I guess - someone that's cheap enough to get a decent boost but too expensive to profit from mediocre rookie-ish scores, and therefore pointless to hold onto for long.

How highly do you value a trade - what's the minimum amount you'll settle for from a quick two-round cash grab? And do you value the cash more at the start of a season, if you're gunning for overall? Thoughts?

my priority for trades before round 3 is

1. get the right rookies
2. Offload the dud midpricers that are in your starting 22
3. If a premium is not looking like a premium anymore jump ship before the price drops

if your team has passed all the above criteria and you still have a trade to spare, then by all means use it. Rounds 1 and 2 are the best chances you will get to capitalise on in form players with discount prices. Remember you have 30 trades, whilst its nice to have a few in hand near the end of the year for injuries id much rather use them earlier when you can use the impact of the trade for more of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back