Politics & Government Should a baker be forced to bake gay wedding cakes?

Should the gov be able to force a baker to bake gay wedding cakes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I should know better, it never ends well. but here goes.

Marriage is an institution that serves various purposes in communities countries and families. Marriage has been around for thousands of years. It has nothing to do with people making commitments to each other and their love. Some people believe strongly in the family unit and the ties that bind them and they have the right to defend that, whether their right or wrong. People have a right to want to preserve the institution that is marriage. Just like people have the right to pull it down.

Because some who are anti same sex marriage are homophobic doesn't make everybody who is against same sex marriage homophobic. Just like because homosexuals in sydney have the highest HIV infection rate in the world doesn't make all un straight people irresponsible.

So let me guess, you aren't married?

The worst part about this is that by the action taken and the decision handed down, the bigot actually comes out of this as the victim. Fox News gets to use this for a "religion continues to be persecuted against, this time by the big, bad, gay lobby" story. :rolleyes:

It's pretty damn easy in this day and age to use social media (and I'm sure even some MSM outlets would've jumped on this one) to embarrass someone who behaves like the baker did. Instead we end up with 'sensitivity training' and people being forced to do s**t against their will.

Refusing to sell a cake because the buyer is gay is homophobia in action.

You'd hate it if someone denied you cake, wouldn't you?

Thank the heavens he is banned. Hopefully permanent, but I highly doubt it.

Not even close to permanent. :(

why was he banned?

It appears he paid a visit to the Jamestown board last night. :drunk:

If a poster bothers you that much then put them on Ignore.

Soft, Jayden. :thumbsdown:

Post that screenshot of your list again.

Soft, Jayden. :thumbsdown:

Post that screenshot of your list again.

Lol whatever. I think it's very strange to have this idea of being hard and being soft on an Internet forum:oops:

Here you go (been updated):

TGVWxlY.jpg

It appears he paid a visit to the Jamestown board last night. :drunk:
False flag drug scandal on behalf of big government that us lemmings have all fallen for? I'd have thought that would have gone down quite well over there.

You cant have a debate with him though as its always "do your own research" "stop listening to the msm" bla bla bla.

Agree with that. Far too much faux intellectualism going on.

MO has become predictable. Post throught provoking link without articulating a position. Say 'Over to you, Bigfooty'. Scoff at replies. Rinse. Repeat.

Shame, he's a good poster otherwise. The above is just Admiral Afterworld "discuss" V2.0.

False flag drug scandal on behalf of big government that us lemmings have all fallen for? I'd have thought that would have gone down quite well over there.

They all thought he was too delusional. :rainbow:

Well if my religion promotes slapping babies and I go out into the street and start slapping babies and get into trouble, I'm not sure I have the right to claim discrimination.

What a dumb argument. We're not talking about silly hypothetical, religious customs, we're in the non-fiction world.

Unless of course you can tell us which religion it is that promotes slapping babies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have posted in their thread offering outsider support before and it has always been appreciated. When I heard that the show cause notices were issued I popped in to remind them that there are still some non-EFC supporters who can see through the bullcrap. Apparently they misunderstood my post and I copped a point. Now I know how Ziebell feels. A non-issue was deemed an issue which was compounded by carryover points and I did excessive time on the sidelines. Now we'll see if I have come back fitter and stronger like he did in 2012, or have become a plodder like he has in 2014.
Agree with that. Far too much faux intellectualism going on. MO has become predictable. Post throught provoking link without articulating a position. Say 'Over to you, Bigfooty'. Scoff at replies. Rinse. Repeat. Shame, he's a good poster otherwise. The above is just Admiral Afterworld "discuss" V2.0.
Yeah, that's bullshit mate.

I have explained in the past that I like to save my own thoughts in a thread until after other posters have expressed their own opinions. My view is that the OP can easily steer conversation in one direction by giving their own opinions in the OP and I try to avoid doing this myself. You'll note that I always come back and state my own opinions later, so any suggestion that I am avoiding sharing my opinions in my own threads is nonsense.

As for the 'SB thinks too highly of himself' whingefest going on, it is my experience that the people who most take umbrage at other peoples confidence are those who are themselves insecure about their own opinions/place in the word/etc. The people who get most offended are usually the ones who are the most proud.

Egotism is the bane of the modern human.

If 'smiling buddha' or any other person on this forum dismisses your view, you have nothing to gain by getting offended by it. Nothing. If you choose to clutter the thread with personal attacks, you are making nothing better, for yourself or others. It is childish behaviour. I use the term childish intentionally, because it is possible to grow out of childish habits. I have hope that those who see me as their enemy can grow out of it. For their benefit as well as the benefit of others who use this forum.

I have explained in the past that I like to save my own thoughts in a thread until after other posters have expressed their own opinions. My view is that the OP can easily steer conversation in one direction by giving their own opinions in the OP and I try to avoid doing this myself. You'll note that I always come back and state my own opinions later, so any suggestion that I am avoiding sharing my opinions in my own threads is nonsense.

As for the 'SB thinks too highly of himself' whingefest going on, it is my experience that the people who most take umbrage at other peoples confidence are those who are themselves insecure about their own opinions/place in the word/etc. The people who get most offended are usually the ones who are the most proud.

Egotism is the bane of the modern human.

If 'smiling buddha' or any other person on this forum dismisses your view, you have nothing to gain by getting offended by it. Nothing. If you choose to clutter the thread with personal attacks, you are making nothing better, for yourself or others. It is childish behaviour. I use the term childish intentionally, because it is possible to grow out of childish habits. I have hope that those who see me as their enemy can grow out of it. For their benefit as well as the benefit of others who use this forum.

Smiling Buddha hasn't lost any of his likable old charm after his week off.

Why do you say that?

This sounds like 101 me if i'm completely trolling. The problem is pretty sure he's being literal.

Yeah, that's bullshit mate.

That's a bit convenient, wouldn't you say?

For the record, I am neither a baker, nor am I gay, nor do I have any intention of ever getting married.

Ergo this thread is not supposed to be about me.
That's a bit convenient, wouldn't you say?
Not sure what you mean.

But look how quickly this thread devolved once I put my opinions forth.

Note that there has been many times more posts in this thread directed at/about me than replies to my posts on the actual topic.

I am sure the objective person can see the logic in me posting my own opinions in these threads well after the OP.

At least that way we get some discussion on-topic.

Note that there has been many times more posts in this thread directed at/about me than replies to my posts on the actual topic.

Any objective thinker (such as you claim to be L O fking L) would be asking themselves - why?

For the record, I am neither a baker, nor am I gay, nor do I have any intention of ever getting married.

Ergo this thread is not supposed to be about me.

Not sure what you mean.

I am sure the objective person can see the logic in me posting my own opinions in these threads well after the OP.

At least that way we get some discussion on-topic.
I say this in the nicest possible way, but you overestimate your own importance.

Back