Prediction Should Adam Treloar be booed on his return to Spotless

Boo him all you want. It's a fact of AFL life. Everybody loses players.
You're going to play at least 2 finals this year. Enjoy that.

You seem to have missed his point - it's not the leaving he's posting about, it's the BS about not lying given how emphatic he was throughout last year that he'd re-sign with GWS. Treloar is probably the only GWS player to get even some boos, simply because he made it sound like he was a given to stay whereas normal players just don't comment.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
You seem to have missed his point - it's not the leaving he's posting about, it's the BS about not lying given how emphatic he was throughout last year that he'd re-sign with GWS. Treloar is probably the only GWS player to get even some boos, simply because he made it sound like he was a given to stay whereas normal players just don't comment.

Dylan Shiel is the best example of how to handle it.

He has never hidden from the fact that he has very strong ties with Melbourne as his family is there and has a business which he will most likely be involved in post footy. His partner is also from there.

DYl has never sugar coated anything or given us false hope but was prepared to take less to stay with the club he helped create.

Others were not so "honest"!

Justlokan

All Australian
Aug 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton

and you missed my point. For every Dylan Shiel there are Treloars, Beams, Dangers, Buddys, Abletts etc who weren't all that forthcoming about their intentions to leave. It's a fact of free agency life. If a player did it to us I wouldn't be happy but wouldn't complain either given we've benefited from this.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
and you missed my point. For every Dylan Shiel there are Treloars, Beams, Dangers, Buddys, Abletts etc who weren't all that forthcoming about their intentions to leave. It's a fact of free agency life. If a player did it to us I wouldn't be happy but wouldn't complain either given we've benefited from this.

Shiel didn't say a word until he re-signed. Treloar didn't just fob off, he came out in Round 5 to say it was all talk and then, reportedly, was telling kids he'd re-signed. Now I don't know whether the latter was BF BS or not, but his stock on this board plummeted after the announcement he'd gone to Collingwood.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
He was booed a little after half time, it's history.
I know this becuase at our club we stay to the end of the game when our clubs losing.

Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bottom line, Treloar isn't an honest person and the fact he thinks he is is worse. He lied and mislead the Giants throughout last season in regards to his contract, his desire to stay/request to leave and he did it openly. He then acted in a way that was completely different to what he had said. He is a liar.

Now someone photoshop Treloar's head on Cersei from Game of Thrones... SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

No, I got your point. You just made a pretty dumb choice of post to quote if that's all your aim was, because your point has nothing to do with what you were replying to.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Of course, of course u boo any ex player
Just as every melbounre supporters Boooooo Tom $cully when ever we go to the games.
Its all fun. And as most ex players do get booed, i have no doubt Stevie J got the same treatment from the geelong fans

No, not at all. And still booing Scully 5 years later is more than just a bit pathetic.

It also matters very much how a player leaves. Steve J was pushed out/moved on - no need for fans to be upset at such a player. Why on earth would Geelong Fans boo Stevie? And they didn't.

We're in a fairly unique position with our ex-players - most have moved for more opportunity, which you can't begrudge them, and therefore you wouldn't boo them as a result.

Treloar the only two regular best 22 to leave - and the only one who walked out after saying he'd stay and how much he loved the club.

Plowman, Bugg, Hampton, Adams, Tyson, Frost, were all fringe 22 when they left (and for Adams we got Shaw and Tyson we got Kelly so we're not going to boo them) then there are the tier below that that got a couple of games and left for opportunity - O'Rourke Jacksh Bruce

Not going to boo them.

Plowman is about the only other one I have a problem with. He was just starting to lock down his spot, got a major long term injury, was rehabbed through it and back playing senior footy when he walked.

When the move is mutual, there's no reason to boo. When there is a reason to boo, you do so and get it out of your system and move on.

And continuing to boo years later is just sad.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
No, not at all. And still booing Scully 5 years later is more than just a bit pathetic.

It also matters very much how a player leaves. Steve J was pushed out/moved on - no need for fans to be upset at such a player. Why on earth would Geelong Fans boo Stevie? And they didn't.

We're in a fairly unique position with our ex-players - most have moved for more opportunity, which you can't begrudge them, and therefore you wouldn't boo them as a result.

Treloar the only two regular best 22 to leave - and the only one who walked out after saying he'd stay and how much he loved the club.

Plowman, Bugg, Hampton, Adams, Tyson, Frost, were all fringe 22 when they left (and for Adams we got Shaw and Tyson we got Kelly so we're not going to boo them) then there are the tier below that that got a couple of games and left for opportunity - O'Rourke Jacksh Bruce

Not going to boo them.

Plowman is about the only other one I have a problem with. He was just starting to lock down his spot, got a major long term injury, was rehabbed through it and back playing senior footy when he walked.

When the move is mutual, there's no reason to boo. When there is a reason to boo, you do so and get it out of your system and move on.

There are three I dislike, Treloar, Boyd and Frost

Most of the others left for opportunity or left with blessing.

Boyd forced the trade because of greed but actually did us a massive favour as we got a good deal and he is a spud.

Frost was given an opportunity as a rookie after being passed by everyone. We then had him in the best 22 and he still left..disloyal ****.

Treloar lied and lied and lied. He is a great talent and will hurt us but I have no time for him.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
There are three I dislike, Treloar, Boyd and Frost

Most of the others left for opportunity or left with blessing.

Boyd forced the trade because of greed but actually did us a massive favour as we got a good deal and he is a spud.

Frost was given an opportunity as a rookie after being passed by everyone. We then had him in the best 22 and he still left..disloyal ****.

Treloar lied and lied and lied. He is a great talent and will hurt us but I have no time for him.

I very nearly had Frost in the same line as Treloar as someone we gave a go to and who walked anyway. Certainly I should have put him next to Plowman as someone I'm pissed at.

Didn't even think of Boyd when I was thinking about ex-players - that's how little I think of him. Boo? Not worth it. Tosser of an individual for whom we got Griff, pick 6 and $1,000,000 (and to think some Dogs supporters think they won that deal:p)

He's not worth acknowledging let alone booing.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

Not going to boo them.

Did Lachie have much choice?
Not much was said that I saw about the guys that went to Carlton. I may well have missed somerhing.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Did Lachie have much choice?
Not much was said that I saw about the guys that went to Carlton. I may well have missed somerhing.

He initiated the move - I think the others we looking for opportunity but Plowman, from what I recall, was the one what said Carlton.

Only guy I know who didn't want to go to Carlton, didn't want to leave at all was Whiley, which is what held up the Jacksh trade for a week while they tried to talk him into it.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
He initiated the move - I think the others we looking for opportunity but Plowman, from what I recall, was the one what said Carlton.

Only guy I know who didn't want to go to Carlton, didn't want to leave at all was Whiley, which is what held up the Jacksh trade for a week while they tried to talk him into it.
Thanks for clarifying. I generally just enjoy the footy, and know you have more interest in the list. I like the cut of his jib, but that's just from watching him play. The other trades predate me really tuning in so I wont offer an uneducated opinion.

GreaterWeStener

Team Captain
Dec 18, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS

I, like Bokonon, thought he was forced out, and that's what the followong Age article suggests, "The Giants also needed salary cap space to retain their best talent and Plowman and co were not in their long-term plans.", http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...man-a-win-for-both-clubs-20160624-gpr4w3.html

I always thought he was the price paid to get Lamb's excessive salary out of the TPP.

REDV_6

Rookie
Jul 27, 2013
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
GWS
I think it was well know he was not popular among the playing group

I very nearly had Frost in the same line as Treloar as someone we gave a go to and who walked anyway. Certainly I should have put him next to Plowman as someone I'm pissed at.

Didn't even think of Boyd when I was thinking about ex-players - that's how little I think of him. Boo? Not worth it. Tosser of an individual for whom we got Griff, pick 6 and $1,000,000 (and to think some Dogs supporters think they won that deal:p)

He's not worth acknowledging let alone booing.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.

Please.
Scully will get booed by the Melbourne faithful the way he defected, after only two years at the club.
GWS paid him way over what he was worth, 6Mill for money bags $cully. Took his big paycheck and ran.

Alright I've had enough of dickheads coming in here accusing us of being sooks and telling us how we should feel.. the prick lied to us for a whole year, he lied to the face of our dying president and then he didn't even have the guts to tell the club face to face he was off.. he scurried up to the s**t hole with his fat **** dad and hasn't stopped smiling since..
we don't care he took the money and left, it's the way he shat on our club in the process.. he's a dead set dog.. Credit lose puts it quite eloquently
Much better than i could of.

Please.
Scully will get booed by the Melbourne faithful the way he defected, after only two years at the club.
GWS paid him way over what he was worth, 6Mill for money bags $cully. Took his big paycheck and ran.

Alright I've had enough of dickheads coming in here accusing us of being sooks and telling us how we should feel.. the prick lied to us for a whole year, he lied to the face of our dying president and then he didn't even have the guts to tell the club face to face he was off.. he scurried up to the s**t hole with his fat **** dad and hasn't stopped smiling since..
we don't care he took the money and left, it's the way he shat on our club in the process.. he's a dead set dog.. Credit lose puts it quite eloquently
Dude I try to be as pleasant as possible to oppo supporters here, I think some of the gws posters bathe in sensitive soap, but.

Frankly, if you don't like it * off and take your whinging s**t back to your own board, we will be richer for the loss.

Melbourne Giant

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Please.

On a positive note "Our Dying President" is a great name for a death metal band.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Boyd ... Frost was pretty well liked.
I remember a Jezza quote that the most useless gift he ever gave was a freindship bracelet to Boyd. Apart from my generational uncomfortability with guys giving each other freindship brracelets that probably strengthens your argument.

Back