Should adelaide drop lever for the gf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not about looking to the future, its about putting a stop to the revolving door culture that sees star players walk out every year
Actually given the Crows have built steadily the last couple of years into the team that's in the GF, they obviously have more functional planning than that. Unless you're in the inner sanctum of a club you cant really know the interactions between players and their value to the club, and it's culture. You can look at the result though.

Its not about looking to the future, its about putting a stop to the revolving door culture that sees star players walk out every year
Yep it isn't about winning AFL premierships it is about making sure you win the club culture premiership

Last I checked, this was still the 2017 season and Lever signed up to play in 2017 so here we are. Play son, play like you're contracted to do (even if only 1 week left)

Yes, especially seeing how Richmond is dropping Cotchin to make a statement.

Every team has muppet supporters. That was the lesson I took from my dalliance on your board. As it so happens I think the poster in question is being ridiculous, dropping Lever because he's out the door would be monumentally dumb and petulant. But this is hypocrisy from you here. :rolleyes:
I read a lot of your posts on our board over the weekend and chose not comment. Clearly you were passionate and believed that your position was right. Nothing wrong with that. You seemed to overlook the fact that your position was diametrically opposed to most Adelaide fans whose board you were posting on. Continually coming back and responding to every perceived slight ultimately started becoming irritating to see on the thread. I later just chose to ignore your posts. A couple of others didn't.

Maybe its time to let it go and move on?

Last edited:
I read a lot of your posts on our board over the weekend and chose not comment. Clearly you were passionate and believed that your position was right. Nothing wrong with that. You seemed to overlook the fact that your position was diametrically opposed to most Adelaide fans whose board you were posting on. Continually coming back and responding to every perceived slight ultimately started becoming irritating. I later just chose to ignore your posts. A couple of others didn't.

Maybe its time to let it go and move on?
I appreciate your very measured response. I was prepared to move on and let it go until I saw the blatant hypocrisy from OutofTownCrow which needed to be callled out.

There was no horrid experience on my part. We were just having a robust discussion. It was a handful of your lot getting your knickers in a twist. You can't hadnle being called out on some of the ridiculous and illogical hatred some of you harbour for Danger.
People have emotional responses to a variety of different situations or events that happen in their lives. Telling them that their response is ridiculous or illogical is unlikely to get a positive response. As is trying to impose your set of values, emotions or morals.

Why drop a current best 22 player?
You win premierships with the teams you currently have.
Not with teams you will have.
Yes. I get the idea we dropped Trengove in part because he wass leaving and this gave McGovern licence to roam. Just 8 marks instead of 15 and we would have won. Who cares if he is leaving next year? Adelaide don't want to make the same mistake we did and although it is true Richmond have a mosquito fleet good intercept defenders are always your best choice.

Surely you are taking the piss.

Would be the most idiotic, amateur hour move ever.

It is idiotic for rewarding players for being disloyal. What does that tell players in the future? You can be disloyal and we will still play you. Stupid move. Adelaide should set a strong precedent here and just sit Lever out. Sorry Jake, but you are done at this club. That is what I would tell him. Pack your bags and don't show your face around the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"So Pykey what's my role for Saturday"..."Usual role within the defensive setup.Roll through various players and back your judgment when to intercept or play defensively.One other thing though Jake.We know your going back to Melbourne and we want to help u get to the club of your choice.We are fine with it..
"Wow wasn't expecting u to say that Pykey I appreciate it.Whats the other thing u talk of"".
"Your our hit man.You can do it subtly but when your supposedly going for the ball see if u can make contact with the head.If we can get them one down early we will be eternally grateful.Who knows you might not even miss many games next year.Your a clean skin a ball player .They love that .This could finally embarrass the league to introduce a send off rule in finals or introduce a substitute for a concussed player.At Adelaide we have been a step ahead all year.This is just us exploiting there own stupid rules.U in Jake.?Remember this could be the last year before the Afl wakes up.We haven't been in a gf for 19years.We need this departing sacrifice from you"

"Seems fair Pykey I'm in but anything extra for Dusty or Cotchin"

People have emotional responses to a variety of different situations or events that happen in their lives. Telling them that their response is ridiculous or illogical is unlikely to get a positive response. As is trying to impose your set of values, emotions or morals.
Definitely poeple respond differently but if a collective is stuck in a thought loop of crap and any alternative view is raised the collective will almost always dismiss that view. It's my view looking outside the crow supporter bubble is that as a collective they need to take their head out of their arse regarding Danger and at the very least the blinkers off regarding th golden boy Slaone perhaps not being as squeaky clean as you'd like to portray.

Chering danger getting cleaned up by Slaone is understandable if I'll be honest but some of the tools in the crowd hoping he was out cold. One yelled "scrape the dog up and * him off" another yelled "i hope ya spilled all his teeth out Sloaney" and another one said "get up ya weak staging campaigner Danger". Sure that's footy tribalism and I've heard worse back asa kid going to Vic Park as a kid back in the day but the individual vitriol directed to one player indicated an illogical pathological hatred to 1 guy.

Even stuff like suggesting his emotions were crocodile tears after that game against the Eagles because Danger apparently made some pact about winning a flag for Walshy then left. He was already going, what was he supposed to do? I don't even know if the pact is true or folklore, but leaving doesn't mean that Danger wasn't a real human who wasnt deeply affcted emotionally by it all.

Then there's Sloane who I suggested only after people on your board were saying Cotchin should go because he's a sniper that he ain't that squeaky clean and you should check your own backyard. I was howled down for suggeeting he lined up Danger off the ball as Danger had disposed of it and sloane didn't look like he was going to go the tackle which he should, he just went the man who was a sitting duck after disposing of it.

Lo and behold, turns out one of the most successful player and coach of all time Leight Matthews held thr same view. His reasoning echoed mine exactly. But no Adelaide supporter would accept that or that Sloane had anything to do with breaking Blicaavs leg either. No its all just denial because to accept any opposing view would cause cognitive dissonance which would just be too uncomfortable to deal with so it's easier to keep the head squarely up the arse and denounce any opposing view instead. :rolleyes:

It is idiotic for rewarding players for being disloyal. What does that tell players in the future? You can be disloyal and we will still play you. Stupid move. Adelaide should set a strong precedent here and just sit Lever out. Sorry Jake, but you are done at this club. That is what I would tell him. Pack your bags and don't show your face around the club.

I shouldn't need to explain to you why it's important to pick your best side for a Grand Final. We actually wan't to win this game you ******* dumbass. What do we get out of dropping Lever? The satisfaction of being spiteful? Sorry but trying to win a flag is higher on our list of priorities.

I'll be bumping this thread when lever stinks it up on Saturday because his mind is already with his new club

Lmao at the salt coming from port supporters right now. You can tell 2017 is really taking it's toll.

Last edited:
Definitely poeple respond differently but if a collective is stuck in a thought loop of crap and any alternative view is raised the collective will almost always dismiss that view. It's my view looking outside the crow supporter bubble is that as a collective they need to take their head out of their arse regarding Danger and at the very least the blinkers off regarding th golden boy Slaone perhaps not being as squeaky clean as you'd like to portray.
Adelaide has close to 70,000 members and 10's of 1000's more supporters. You're focussed on, and quoting a few people's opinions on a football forum.

Chering danger getting cleaned up by Slaone is understandable if I'll be honest but some of the tools in the crowd hoping he was out cold. One yelled "scrape the dog up and **** him off" another yelled "i hope ya spilled all his teeth out Sloaney" and another one said "get up ya weak staging campaigner Danger". Sure that's footy tribalism and I've heard worse back asa kid going to Vic Park as a kid back in the day but the individual vitriol directed to one player indicated an illogical pathological hatred to 1 guy.

Adelaide have lost their last 4 Preliminary finals. They haven't been in a GF for 19 years. Geelong has continually beaten Adelaide in our games over the last 10 years. Many people believe that losing Dangerfield potentially was the difference again between the team making, or not making the GF. What you were witnessing was a very raw and emotional passion.

Even stuff like suggesting his emotions were crocodile tears after that game against the Eagles because Danger apparently made some pact about winning a flag for Walshy then left. He was already going, what was he supposed to do? I don't even know if the pact is true or folklore, but leaving doesn't mean that Danger wasn't a real human who wasnt deeply affcted emotionally by it all.
The pact has been quoted so many times by senior players etc you need to accept its true. People say and make comments constantly on boards here every minute that have not factual basis and are purely based on their own personal biases. I don't know why you expect Adelaide fans to be above this trait or any different for that matter.

Then there's Sloane who I suggested only after people on your board were saying Cotchin should go because he's a sniper that he ain't that squeaky clean and you should check your own backyard. I was howled down for suggeeting he lined up Danger off the ball as Danger had disposed of it andsloane didn't look like he was going to go the tackle which he should, he just went the man who was a sitting duck after disposing of it.
You continue to make this about you. You have taken the comment personally, as is your choice. However, now you are unhappy that people on an opposition board don't agree with you. Did you really expect opposition fans to agree with your position. Whilst their position may not necessarily have been rational, I find the fact that you expect them to be rational and agree with your position bordering on insanity.

Lo and behold, turns out one of the most successful player and coach of all time Leight Matthews held thr same view. His reasoning echoed mine exactly. But no Adelaide supporter would accept that or that Sloane had anything to do with breaking Blicaavs leg either. No its all just denial because to accept any opposing view would cause cognitive dissonance which would just be too uncomfortable to deal with so it's easier to keep the head squarely up the arse and denounce any opposing view instead. :rolleyes:
The fact that Leigh Mathews has an opinion is no surprise. Having an opinion is what he is paid for. Cherry picking Leigh as being aligned with your version of events is fine. However we could pluck literally dozens of other "experts" opinions to support an opposing argument that do not share it. And realistically the only people that count are the MRP, whose view was that Sloane had no case to answer.

There has been little coverage of Blicaavs leg or Sloanes culpability in regard to the break. Most people have accepted it for what is was, an unfortunate accident. In fact apart from some pre-game banter you are about the only person who seriously brought up the subject between our clubs last encounters or since last Friday's game.

Life isn't always fair.

Last edited:

Yeah because overpaying players to keep them in Adelaide is working so well for Port. How many years does Lobbe have left on his contract?

I'm glad my club isn't run by idiots like yourself. I shouldn't need to explain to you why it's important to pick your best side for a Grand Final. We actually wan't to win this game you ******* dumbass. What do we get out of dropping Lever?

Dropping Lever sets a strong precedent - which I have already said. I assume you can read, so I shouldn't have to say it again - dumbass.

A strong precendent for being a spiteful club with no regards for it's players. Yeah, that's really going to help us with player retention. :rolleyes:
I don't think you could butcher your player retention mechanisms any more if you tried. It doesn't seem to affect your club's on field performance though which is a credit to the recruiting and development departments.

I don't think you could butcher your player retention mechanisms any more if you tried. It doesn't seem to affect your club's on field performance though which is a credit to the recruiting and development departments.

What mechanisms are you even talking about? What can Adelaide do if Lever wants to go to Melbourne? The only thing that would keep him here is more money which would jeopardise the plans made by our list managers. The well being of the club is more important than the needs of one player.

As you said, player retention hasn't effected our on-field performance, so why would we be afraid to lose Jake Lever anyway? We will find a replacement.

Adelaide has close to 70,000 members and 10's of 1000's more supporters. You're focussed on, and quoting a few people's opinions on a football forum.

Adelaide have lost their last 4 Preliminary finals. They haven't been in a GF for 19 years. Geelong has continually beaten Adelaide in our games over the last 10 years. Many people believe that losing Dangerfield potentially was the difference again between the team making, or not making the GF. What you were witnessing was a very raw and emotional passion.

The pact has been quoted so many times by senior players etc you need to accept its true. People say and make comments constantly on boards here every minute that have not factual basis and are purely based on their own personal biases. I don't know why you expect Adelaide fans to be above this trait or any different for that matter.

You continue to make this about you. You have taken the comment personally, as is your choice. However, now you are unhappy that people on an opposition board don't agree with you. Did you really expect opposition fans to agree with your position. Whilst their position may not necessarily have been rational, I find the fact that you expect them to be rational and agree with your position bordering on insanity.

The fact that Leigh Mathews has an opinion is no surprise. Having an opinion is what he is paid for. Cherry picking Leigh as being aligned with your version of events is fine. However we could pluck literally dozens of other "experts" opinions to support an opposing argument that do not share it. And realistically the only people that count are the MRP, whose view was that Sloane had no case to answer.

There has been little coverage of Blicaavs leg or Sloanes culpability in regard to the break. Most people have accepted it for what is was, an unfortunate accident. In fact apart from some pre-game banter you are about the only person who seriously brought up the subject between our clubs last encounters or since last Friday's game.

Life isn't always fair.
You don't work in PR by any chance do you do? Maybe even international diplomacy? You seem like the kinda guy they'd send in with the quick mind and the slick persona to maximise damage control. Heck, you'd probably convince Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to be mates if you had afternoon with them both. I jest of course...

A few things I'll pick you up on. 70K members yes, perhaps the most passionate of ones join forums. I saw passion at the game and perhaps in amongst where I sat some of the culprits are posters here. But who knows, I do know that social media as a whole not just this forum is littered with the same anti Dangerfield rehtoric which seems to mirror itself everywhere. I'm sure the Dangerfield illogical hatred isn't just confined to bigfooty and a bunch of boofheads in the western stand.

Mate I'm not unhappy that people disagree with me. I am bewildered that my views are dismissed because people can't be rational and take the rose (or in this case tri) coloured glasses off. Is it that unreasonable to think I could have a rational conversation with people? Obviously not in the heat of the moment at a game, but I'm talking about something like an internet forum which is basically a low pressure informal medium allowing anonymity of the respondents. Surely that would promote and allow more rational dialogue to prevail? You're a perfect example of that hapenning and I commend you on that.

As for the pact that's fine I accept its true. My point wasn't actually disputing it otherwise my premise that judgment of Dangerfield based on the pact would be redundant. What should Danger have done when he was already leaving at the start of the year? No one wants to answer that. He couldn't say anything as the rules don't allow for players announcing their defection. But what would it.have meant to the playing group if Danger hadn't agreed? I get the pact thing and it does have some nobility to it but really it doesn't allow any scope for differing circumstances and that's the danger of group think type initiatives. They can promote as much division as they do unity.

And finally, just on Leigh Matthews, he's paid to share an opinion not have an opinion. Without trying to knit pick the semantics, there's a critical difference. He shared his opinion, the one he formed in his own mind. You lot thought I was being a one eyed idiot and was shouted down for being one yet someone who would have no vested interest in anything Geelong came out and said my exaxt thoughts. Everyone has different opinions but you lot acted as though I was literally making seeing s**t that didn't happen because I was a lunatic. Thanks for vindicating me Leigh.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back