Should adelaide drop lever for the gf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this is just media bullcrap. Surely clubs, let alone players are mature enough to realise how players move clubs these days. Players are the ones who want to be able to move clubs so surely this is a beatup.

Lever was still giving his all and afterall clubs are trying to win premierships. You play your best 22 come finals time. Stupid call from an idiot like Cornes as well, even in hindsight.

If it is true, Adelaide need to have a good hard look at themselves and grow up. Players move clubs, get over it.

The only time you should maybe not pick players you know are leaving is if you cant make the finals and there is nothing to gain from playing that player (like Carlton did with Henderson, who had clearly shown he was on the move at years end by his terrible form and we were never making the finals)

should have dropped him

if you have not signed a deal by grand final day your heart isnt in it

played s**t too
He was still one of their better players though

should have dropped him

played s**t too

So storm should have dropped Cooper Cronk?
Teams should drop players who are retiring at the end of the grand final?
If Richmond trade/delist a premiership player, they should not have played them?

Lol - thanks but our #1 in the comp backline is fine as it is. We ain't dropping a backman for matchups against Richmond.
Maybe should have taken my advice. Beat the crows the exact same way they beat us 6 days earlier, and Geelong before that.
Saw it coming a mile off

If the players were affected by Lever playing, they were the problem not him. I didn't even think he was that bad, probably half the team was worse than him.
We played Buddy in 2013, no excuses.

We finished 9th after finishing lower than that the last 4 years. It's improved. Our list is a few players away from being a seriously good side. Richmond were 13th last year and embarrassed you on GF day.

I never said they hadn't improved. I just think it's a little presumptuous to start talking about top 4 just yet. I would have thought Melbourne supporters would have learned not to jump the gun after they started hyping themselves up for finals this year.

If the players were affected by Lever playing, they were the problem not him. I didn't even think he was that bad, probably half the team was worse than him.
We played Buddy in 2013, no excuses.

Honestly I think this sort of stuff is nothing more than footy media bullshit. No doubts our players are frustrated with Lever right now but he was part of our best 22 this year and deserved to play finals. That simple. Anybody talking about dropping him for the GF doesn't get it.

To be honest most of the Crows backline was terrible in the GF, Lever included. I mean ffs Kyle Hartigan was our best defender on the day. Sums it up really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lever was instrumental in getting them to the Finals and the GF. Would have been a bigger dick mive to drop him than for him to play knowing he was out the door imo.

Nope, sorry mate - Lever playing was not the problem. We got beaten in so many ways before this would even enter the conversation.
I said drop a tall or two for match ups sake, not specifically Lever. Otten and Hartigan looked lost for most of the game

I never said they hadn't improved. I just think it's a little presumptuous to start talking about top 4 just yet. I would have thought Melbourne supporters would have learned not to jump the gun after they started hyping themselves up for finals this year.

Honestly I think this sort of stuff is nothing more than footy media bullshit. No doubts our players are frustrated with Lever right now but he was part of our best 22 this year and deserved to play finals. That simple. Anybody talking about dropping him for the GF doesn't get it.

To be honest most of the Crows backline was terrible in the GF, Lever included. I mean ffs Kyle Hartigan was our best defender on the day. Sums it up really.
It's now or never. We get Lever, we are filling a huge hole. Natural progression and improvement in some kids. We will be fine.

I said drop a tall or two for match ups sake, not specifically Lever. Otten and Hartigan looked lost for most of the game
Your are right , for match ups we were way too top heavy and Otten and Hartigan should not have played .

should have dropped him

played s**t too
It does not mean that all. In 2002 I played in a GF when I knew i was leaving for a different club (country vic). The other club offered me a job, there was no other money. I prepared in exactly the same way, gave it everything I had, but we still lost. Once game time stats, everything goes out the window and all you do is focus on is the job at hand. If you have personal pride in your performance, which I am sure Jake has, he would have played his heart out. Just had a bad day, like many of his mates, because the other side was too good.

Lever was instrumental in getting them to the Finals and the GF. Would have been a bigger dick mive to drop him than for him to play knowing he was out the door imo.

Even if by some chance the players wanted this, the club was professional enough to ignore it and play him as they should have. I don't really believe this article at all though. Seems like nothing more than a salvo in the current Crows vs Lever PR battle.

Your are right , for match ups we were way too top heavy and Otten and Hartigan should not have played .
To be fair Hartigan wasnt the worst but being caught out on the bench in second q was unfortunate as that was what he was in the team for - to not be monstered physically by Martin

All you people saying he should have been dropped would be on here posting threads about how badly Adelaide f!@#ed up by dropping him for the grand final after they lost..

No matter what they would be condemned at this point.

Even if by some chance the players wanted this, the club was professional enough to ignore it and play him as they should have. I don't really believe this article at all though. Seems like nothing more than a salvo in the current Crows vs Lever PR battle.

Yep. Not playing Lever weakens Adelaide's backline significantly, and exposes Talia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back