Should adelaide drop lever for the gf?

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Damned if you do, damned if you don't type of decision really.
Pyke is a good coach based on current output. Lever isn't a developing player, he's already good. Omitting him would have been a s**t idea and insanely petty. I personally think the speculation about other Crows players asking him to be omitted is hype as well. You're in it to win it, not give everyone a turn for playing a GF.

pirate bob

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
All you people saying he should have been dropped would be on here posting threads about how badly Adelaide f!@#ed up by dropping him for the grand final after they lost..

No matter what they would be condemned at this point.
Yes - the old damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario

TBH though, most people on the board thought he should be played regardless. And now it emerges that there was a bit friction between the players leading into the finals series. No one really knows the full story at this stage. Hasn't been a very good week

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Got slammed from pillar to post for this thread and all the while the players agree with me. I dont think I'd be going too far to suggest that the reason the crows failed to function as a team in the gf is because lever upset team unity. There's a few in this threas who need to take a good hard look at themselves and reassess their hurtful comments about my character.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Got slammed from pillar to post for this thread and all the while the players agree with me. I dont think I'd be going too far to suggest that the reason the crows failed to function as a team in the gf is because lever upset team unity. There's a few in this threas who need to take a good hard look at themselves and reassess their hurtful comments about my character.

you were #sobrave

Hird Is Scum

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Surely you're not drunk at 7:30 in the morning?

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Phil Davis got the message when he let it be known he was gone, pretty much shown the door. Not sure how the crows were traveling when they froze him out but the season was still going.

He had a busted shoulder and was out injured for the rest of the season

Why the hell would Adelaide rehabilitate him just so GWS get him fit and healthy for Rnd 1?

but you know.... facts...

Racing line

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2017
Torquay
AFL Club
Geelong
Upon certain claims that have come to surface, it would appear that when the crows boys approached and were ultimately denied lever being dropped by pyke, tex tried to take matters into his own hands. According to sources who have sauces tex and lever had fisticuffs. My guess is tex wanted to literally drop lever, but old jake the snake with his lighting fists gave ol texy more than he bargained for. Amirite DangerSloane

Racing line

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2017
Torquay
AFL Club
Geelong
No best 22 player shoud ever be ommitted from the team if you wanna win a flag but since the crows players are so petty and petulant and couldnt look past a players leaving because he got a much better offer than his current team served up when they offensively lowballed him and also was going home. Yeah...you might have been right...the the crows were so WRONG in the same light.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
He had a busted shoulder and was out injured for the rest of the season

Why the hell would Adelaide rehabilitate him just so GWS get him fit and healthy for Rnd 1?

but you know.... facts...
Ok bud, relax. And in a roundabout way you've agreed with me.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Ok bud, relax. And in a roundabout way you've agreed with me.

There is a lot of gravy put on some of recent indiscretions that Adelaide have partaken in, which is annoying as there is enough legitimate s**t you can hang on the crows without making stuff up / stretching truths

Hence some of the defensive posting

I'm normally more reasonable

Jables

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Giants, Hornets, Bulls
No best 22 player shoud ever be ommitted from the team if you wanna win a flag but since the crows players are so petty and petulant and couldnt look past a players leaving because he got a much better offer than his current team served up when they offensively lowballed him and also was going home. Yeah...you might have been right...the the crows were so WRONG in the same light.
Yup, no premiership team would ever fall apart because they wanted to make a statement and drop a player and didn't get what they want. That's a comical lack of discipline if it happened the way it has been reported. Even if one problem left, it sounds like a few problems remain unless they've changed their attitude for next year.

But in all honesty it's probably been vastly exaggerated for the media, I just can't see a half time bust up happening with a flag on the line and a tight margin still.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Yup, no premiership team would ever fall apart because they wanted to make a statement and drop a player and didn't get what they want. That's a comical lack of discipline if it happened the way it has been reported. Even if one problem left, it sounds like a few problems remain unless they've changed their attitude for next year.

But in all honesty it's probably been vastly exaggerated for the media, I just can't see a half time bust up happening with a flag on the line and a tight margin still.

When else would it happen? That is exactly when people are fired up, especially after the poor first half performance.

Back