NO TROLLS Should AFL players bend the knee before each match in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
Once a person is in custody, the rates are per capita negligibly different no matter what race you are (a white person is just as likely to die as an aboriginal person on a per capita basis). There is however an over representation of aboriginal's in Australian jails in the first place. Not sure what you do about that (I'm no policy expert), it's a case of chicken and the egg at this point. Something has to be done though. The removal of the public drunkenness laws is a good start.
Something needs to be done to protect indigenous women and children who are far more likely to be either physically or sexually abused.

JZ_Skitzo

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Seahawks
There should be no celebration of war but ANZAC Day doesn't celebrate it. It's a day of reflection, sombreness and we simply say thank you to those who fought for our country, our freedom and ourselves. We should use the day to recognise the fact that war is futile and has to be avoided.

How do you interpret ANZAC Day any other way?
Still has nothing to do with sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It is not a celebration of war. It is the complete opposite.

It is in remembrance not only of those lives lost in war but what the soldiers, support staff and families suffered not only during the war but as a result as well in a lot of cases for the rest of their lives.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them.

I find your post abhorrent and your lack of respect for the fallen and their families beyond disgusting.

There are many veterans and their families that believe rather than federation on 1st of January 1901 that Anzac day is the real date that not only was our country internationally recognised as being a country in and of itself rather than just an off shoot of the english empire.

Anzac day also recognises the combined sacrifice and brotherhood with which we share with New Zealanders and the sacrifices and bonds which were made that hold our countries so closely together today.
1) It is such a wonderful education experience that you don't know there are more jurisdictions than Oz and NZ that celebrate it
2) Being killed, whilst accepting a wage to kill others, warrants no remembrance or celebration
3) Please refer the wars we've been involved with:
like invading the ottoman empire when our freedom and nation was not at risk
like invading vietnam when our freedom and nation was not at risk
like invading korea when our freedom and nation was not at risk
like invading iraq when our freedom and nation was not at risk
like invading south africa when our freedom and nation was not at risk
like invading china (boxer rebellion) when our freedom and nation was not at risk
Note this doesn't mean a war doesn't need to be executed
4) Bradley Robert Smith provides some insights as to how war work........murder
5) token appreciation like ANZAC exists, so the defence force can recruit cannon fodder at below market rates AND avoid paying out the dead and wounded
6) Signed ex-serviceman

Last edited:

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t like any politics in sport mixing. What I don’t like more is censoring free speech or freedom of expression.

she earned the right to take the field. She has the right to kneel if she chooses.

We as a society need to stop thinking we all must think or act the same. It’s harmful

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Also if you think we don’t have a problem with race ask yourself would you like to born Aboriginal if you had a choice? Too many kids born into a life of disadvantage already starting behind the 8 ball. Now you can argue over whether some of it is self inflicted or how you fix it, but the point is we need to talk about the issue.

I am for practical solutions. Try and support Indigenous business or donate $10 per month to an education fund for Indigenous youths.

bjwilliams

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you see someone taking a knee around, for example, indigenous deaths in custody and your reply is centred around “white people die in custody too!” then I have some good news for you. There is nothing stopping you from going out and trying to raise awareness of the issue that white people are dying in a manner they shouldn’t.

But if you feel no need to go and campaign about the issue on behalf of white people, then I’d question how much of a problem you truely feel it is, and why your bothering with the comparison because it otherwise seems like you just want to disrupt what could be a positive conversation, and don’t want to hear about issues someone else might care about.

Last edited:

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
If you see someone taking a knee around, for example, indigenous deaths in custody and your reply is centred around “white people die in custody too!” then I have some good news for you. There is nothing stopping you from going out and trying to raise awareness of the devastating issue that white people are dying in a manner they shouldn’t.

But if you feel no need to go and campaign about the issue on behalf of white people, then I’d question how much of a problem you truely feel it is, and why your bothering with the comparison because it otherwise seems like you just don’t want to hear about issues someone else might care about.
In fairness most people don’t want to be campaigners. It is only those under 35 who have gone through activist training in our education system since preschool. Even then 80% plus are smart enough to opt out.

Now personally I love a good protest - marching, chanting and signs. Why not?

bjwilliams

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
So male kids don't get any legal services?
If you feel so passionately about it, go and campaign for it. Or take a knee to bring awareness to it. You can pick and choose what you wish to support.

I get the feeling you don’t care about it at all and this ‘gotcha’ thing you think you’ve got going across the last 10 pages is getting old.

bjwilliams

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
In fairness most people don’t want to be campaigners. It is only those under 35 who have gone through activist training in our education system since preschool. Even then 80% plus are smart enough to opt out.

Now personally I love a good protest - marching, chanting and signs. Why not?
Well unfortunately for them others can feel passionate about specific causes or issues - if they don’t feel the need to get involved, fine! But it doesn’t mean others can’t either.

Remove this Banner Ad