NO TROLLS Should AFL players bend the knee before each match in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue is not what they died for, but that the idea and ritual of the 'ANZAC' is enshrined in our culture, while Marxist group politics are not.
It wasn’t that big a thing untilpoliticians hooked into it and made it sacred. It used to be just old people marching up the street once a year. Dawn service with servicemen and nobody else.

If anything Anzac Day over the decades reflects what society and politics wanted from it at the time.

It wasn’t that big a thing untilpoliticians hooked into it and made it sacred. It used to be just old people marching up the street once a year. Dawn service with servicemen and nobody else.

I disagree with the last part, but agree it's definitely become more political. How you saw it may have been different depending on where/when you grew up.

If anything Anzac Day over the decades reflects what society and politics wanted from it at the time.
Regardless, it is largely apolitical in the sense it enjoys bipartisan support and continues without much argumentation or challenge.

Regardless, it is largely apolitical in the sense it enjoys bipartisan support and continues without much argumentation or challenge.
Because anyone who dares to criticise it gets slammed.

Better off celebrating VJ Day, it was a war worth winning and actually threatened Australia. A bunch of naive kids getting shot up in Turkey is hardly nation building.

The efforts of those guys on the Kokoda Track has been grossly under-rated in terms of a pivotal battle and its potential impact on Australia.

A bunch of poorly trained and equipped boys (essentially) forced to slog through the mud against a superior force knowing full well if they faltered that Australia was completely open for invasion.

That is the battle which should be revered and celebrated. Their efforts saved Australia.

Because anyone who dares to criticise it gets slammed.
That is largely because it is supported by the majority; the ANZAC is an established motiff in contemporary Australian culture. Critique of normative behaviour often has such an effect.

That is largely because it is supported by the majority; the ANZAC is an established motiff in contemporary Australian culture. Critique of normative behaviour often has such an effect.
Normative behaviour? That’s behaviour basically brought about by pressure from society. So, it’s not some inherent morality or whatever. It’s still forced.

Which is the point.

Really mate. do you honestly think that was what is was all about? If you do, you then you display an incredible sense of naivete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bipartisan does not mean apolitical. Just means the politicians are in lockstep.
Relatively speaking, that is a good measure as a general reflection of the Australian community if both major parties support it.
Normative behaviour? That’s behaviour basically brought about by pressure from society. So, it’s not some inherent morality or whatever. It’s still forced.

Which is the point.
Normative behaviour is forced, that's how it comes to be the norm in the first place, through defined social pressures and institutions. i.e. the school reinforces many social practices in children.

Football has only been around since the 90s?

Not really. What I mean by 'social solidarity' is behaviours, symbols, rituals and ideas which, in order for the proper function of a culture, must be held in common. Marxist values are the anthesis to Western liberalism and are not held in common. The flying of the flag, or the anthem, is.

I am not labelling people Marxists, but the movement is explicitly so. The core values (i.e. against the nuclear family, the nation state, the individual) are at their core Marxist; the founders, and prominent adherents, are all 'neo-marxists' in that their worldview is shaped entirely by relations between racial and sexual groups. Increasingly we define people according to their racial, sexual, or gendered class - not as an individual, and interactions between individuals are not seen as such, but as between different class groups (The interaction between Derek Chauvin and George Floyd was not seen as an action between individuals, but between black and 'white'). This is dangerous and needs to stop.

They are - every ambit of life is being encroached and tainted by these Marxist ideas, whether it be education, the workplace, entertainment or government services or Ministries.

What has gone wrong in someone's brain to see someone being murdered and think of them not as an individual but in a deterministic vein (as a member of a racial class)?
I really don't know where to begin. Perhaps I should summarise - you equating taking a knee at a football game with full blown Marxism is about as batshit crazy as you can get.

Why can't you just agree to disagree instead of trying to make everyone think like you?

I really don't know where to begin. Perhaps I should summarise - you equating taking a knee at a football game with full blown Marxism is about as batshit crazy as you can get.

Why can't you just agree to disagree instead of trying to make everyone think like you?
You are being purposively elusive - I was arguing specifically with relation to the unarguably, explicitly neo-Marxist organisation 'Black Lives Matter', with which the act of kneeling is universally associated and the AFL Players Association explicitly stated they supported through kneeling:

I'll simplify it for you: Players kneel > they say they are kneeling specially for BLM > BLM is undeniably openly Marxist > Marxism is radical > We should refrain from radical politics in sport.

You are being purposively elusive - I was arguing specifically with relation to the unarguably, explicitly neo-Marxist organisation 'Black Lives Matter', with which the act of kneeling is universally associated and the AFL Players Association explicitly stated they supported through kneeling:

I'll simplify it for you: Players kneel > they say they are kneeling specially for BLM > BLM is undeniably openly Marxist > Marxism is radical > We should refrain from radical politics in sport.
Ok, for me to accept your argument you now have to prove that BLM is a neo-Marxist organisation. The floor is yours. This should be interesting.

What is a 'minority'?

As in, what is the working definition?

Whatever it is, there is no way you can argue (with a straight face, anyway), that the white male is an oppressed minority demographic in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back