Remove this Banner Ad

projectv

mostly nonsense
May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swamprats
If a club wanted to change their jumpers they can, over time all clubs have evolved their designs.

But no, I don't think all teams "should" have indigenous artwork on them. But if they all decided to do it voluntarily, then that's fine.

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
No. And indigenous jumpers should only be worn on the designated weekend. It ridiculous that club wear them on an ad-hoc approach during other rounds. Significance of what Indigenous round loses its impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
YES!

And dat Sherrin company should gut some possums and stuff em with leaves, instead too. Wait .......Koala brand balls! already made and natural and eco friendly.
Go back to ManIScrook make believe rulz. :thumbsu:

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you think any teams would consider it?

Personally I think the Dockers should consider it. They might actually then have a nice jumper
Not sure, I personally think it would be a good inclusion especially for some clubs with a lot of rich indigenous history. But things like this bring out the haters......

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Not for mine. Many guernseys already have their historic tradition and not everything needs to pay homage to everything.

There are other ways for the game to acknowledge indigenous people and their involvement in the game, such as the round.

FreoFan85

Rookie
Jun 29, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is a no from me. I like the celebratory round, it makes for plenty of discussion at the time which is clearly needed in our society.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of the flag (and Australian one as well) painted into the grass or something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad