Should all team Jerseys have permanent indigenous artwork

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually like the different jumpers for indigenious round. In all other cases stay with the original ones. No away, clash, whatever stuff...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know all of Australia has Aboriginal heritage yeah? All of it.
It’s posts like these which create the need for facepalm emoji. I grew up in east coast aboriginal communities. I just think it might be something for new franchises like NT & Tas to explore from the ground up, and don’t think it would necessarily be the right fit for a growing western suburbs club like the Giants. As well as memorable simplicity signifiers with a few elements maximum being preferable to an indigenous round style design which is more like an artwork.

Nuance. Try it.

It’s posts like these which create the need for facepalm emoji. I grew up in east coast aboriginal communities. I just think it might be something for new franchises like NT & Tas to explore from the ground up, and don’t think it would necessarily be the right fit for a growing western suburbs club like the Giants. As well as memorable simplicity signifiers with a few elements maximum being preferable to an indigenous round style design which is more like an artwork.

Nuance. Try it.

Which communities were they bruz?

I don’t mind the thought of exploring further ways to recognise the significance of aboriginals to the country and the sport.

Unsure if this has already been suggested.....could it be worth aboriginal players in particular having perhaps a small segment of aboriginal artwork on their jumpers? Perhaps of a design distinct to each player’s mob. If I was aboriginal, I would be very proud to wear something to show I am representing my club, but also my people. Alas for most of us of European heritage, we are so far disconnected from our lands and our people we don’t even really know who we are.

It is a small thing but to be honest, us non-indigenous Australians could do with becoming a lot more interested and informed regarding aboriginal culture, history and beliefs.

It is shocking really that most non-indigenous Australians I have discussed the subject with seem to have very little concept of what actually took place when the European culture imposed itself on Aboriginal lands. I am unsure even as to how much most of the younger generation Aboriginals know about this part of Australia’s history.

I applaud the sentiment of the opening poster, despite not being in complete agreement with the detail of the suggestion.

Cant stop there.

A patch for Aborigines. A patch for women. A patch for multiculturalism. A patch for ANZAC Day. A patch for heritage. A patch for cancer. A patch for MND. Apatch for literacy. And a patch for ACDC reforming.

You forgot the LGBTQ patch! Clearly this means you hate the LGBTQ community ... BIGOT!!!

Absolutely not , I am sick of all the indigenous stuff that has to be constantly adhered to so we can be seen as politically correct... This year we had 2 anthems before finals games, So I assume now we always open with an Aboriginal song before the national anthem??

Leave the game alone and let's not make it about race or religion..it is a game..

The football jumper is supposed to cross racial, cultural and spiritual lines.
Every player wearing the same uniform, fighting the same cause, representing the football CLUB.
Individual personalities aren't the thing being represented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back