Should Barnaby Joyce face prosecution for destroying the Murray Darling?

Should Barnaby Joyce be charged for breaking the law re water allocation in the Murray-Darling?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

One for the accusers, what is it that Joyce is accused of doing?
What has Cubbie got to do with whatever Joyce has done, supposedly guilty of?
Joyce was an accountant in St George Qld at the time of Cubbie, and other farms, being massively expanded into vast irrigation holdings.
This was previously pretty hard dryland sheep grazing country.
He had, allegedly, (I've got to be careful here),very strong business and commercial tie ins with many of the big operations opening up the irrigation districts.
Once being elected to the Senate water allocations miraculously, (allegedly) began springing up from nowhere to these operations.
Water allocations of the size that had never been heard of before. Not even dreamt of is probably closer to the mark.
A whole shitstorm developed from local non-irrigating farmers and, of course, downstream users of the Murray Darling Basin.
This was pretty much stomped on politically. I'm even aware of direct threats to farmers who were protesting at these allocations.
The Greens jumped on board and eventually we came to the creation of the MDBA, which again has been pretty ruthlessly manhandled by both sides of politics to the point of it becoming the farce we see today.
The end result is our most iconic river basin is on its last legs.
I have written pretty extensively about this in the MDBA thread here, but it is a mistake to just point the finger at Cubbie. It goes way, way further than just one farm.

No.

As much as it's a ******* mess and I'd be happy to see the corrupt bureacratsand or politicians gaoled, it's actually not his fault. Yes he's a fascist pig of very dubious moral values.

As the federal rep fir the St George area, it was his j8b to advocate for the cutting growers in Queensland. It was the representatives of the lower Darling and the Murray's job to provide balance.

Michael McCormac is more to blame for failing to relresent his constituency effectively.

Heard of Webster
Heard of chris corrigon

Know his connection ( he's done well)

Pay offs are often paid late but always paid

Understood Joyce had an accounting practice in St George prior to the Senate, so it'd follow he had local clients ... if there is a link to water allocations - surely there is a paper trail as to how they were implemented, not as if a new Senator had those levers?

One could say that is why the current Federal Gov't was so demonstrably against current MDBA officials and Federal bureaucrats from testifying in the recent SA Royal Commission and why Labor also stayed silent on the matter.
It is also why the current bill in the Senate for a Federal Royal Commission into the situation won't get traction.
So many rabbit holes.
Just because Barnaby wasn't a senior figure at the time, didn't mean that he had already strong connections with those who held the power. They were all in on it. Barnaby is just the current face of it all.

Which body allocated the water?
I'm unsure of that at the time, but it is currently Sunwater which administers that particular area and it is the State Minister who grants allocations.

One could say that is why the current Federal Gov't was so demonstrably against current MDBA officials and Federal bureaucrats from testifying in the recent SA Royal Commission and why Labor also stayed silent on the matter.
It is also why the current bill in the Senate for a Federal Royal Commission into the situation won't get traction.
So many rabbit holes.
Just because Barnaby wasn't a senior figure at the time, didn't mean that he had already strong connections with those who held the power. They were all in on it. Barnaby is just the current face of it all.

I'm unsure of that at the time, but it is currently Sunwater which administers that particular area and it is the State Minister who grants allocations.

Thanks for that, understand now & where any involvement might be.

Sunwater: as you've advised before BUT what many who want to hang Joyce deny or just simply ignore.

Sun water
Administrated by Newman ?
Created by nlp?

Joyce was a qld nlp senator ?

He of course was Busy buying GHOST water for top $ from WEBSTER

So many rabbit holes.

More the coalition was shitting their pants a royal commission in a labour state can't have any extra ammo

Surprise the gov changed and we all saw what happened to that royal commission after that

FEDERAL ICAC

Sun water
Administrated by Newman ?
Created by nlp?

Joyce was a qld nlp senator ?

He of course was Busy buying GHOST water for top $ from WEBSTER

Webster?
Joyce was buying ..... looking under the bed who is the responsible minister in the Q Govt this day?

Last edited:
Gotta love flood plain water rights purchased at 300% markup
For fields that won't flood

Love it a delayed gratuity from the government for services rendered by Chris in the war on unions

THEY NEVER FORGET THEIR MATES

The whole Murray-Darling system is ****ed from start to finish. To start with it is in a climate where rainfall and inflows from one year to the next are highly variable and unreliable. Droughts are a natural feature of the climatic zone because El Nino (which affects the entire Southern Pacific), it is not like Europe or North America. We start by imposing an agricultural system upon a land where the climate does not exactly suit it. Then we have the legacy of decades of state run water allocations, all operating in isolation and without a coherent strategy for the whole area. Only when we see that system is broken and on the verge of collapse do we create a Federal layer of bureaucracy on top of that, and then give it the impossible task of improving the situation while still at the same time preserving all the legacy vested interests. The vested interests amount to more demand than there is water. Then we blame the bureaucrats for failing at an impossible task.

The harsh reality is that in some years there is not going to be enough water.

Gotta love flood plain water rights purchased at 300% markup
For fields that won't flood

Love it a delayed gratuity from the government for services rendered by Chris in the war on unions

THEY NEVER FORGET THEIR MATES

Nah, THEY are unreliable bastards, surely you know that?

The Murray Darling irrigation lobby donate to the IPA. Who dictate the policies of the LNP who are currently in government.

This needs to go to court!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Murray Darling irrigation lobby donate to the IPA. Who dictate the policies of the LNP who are currently in government.

The Murray Darling irrigation lobby ? Name names .....

How do these donations for influence differ from Unions or Get Up donating to Labor or the Greens ... both sides of politics have these influences, & both take the donations.

Pay the piper....

How does donating for influence break the law, what law?

Who is the MD lobby group?
Not disputing that individual organisations do this, but I am unaware of any structured lobby group?

All I see is financial motive for the lnp to kill fish!

Given your inability to names anyone to support you, seems you pulled the wrong chain on Murray Irrigation:
About Murray Irrigation
We are Australia’s largest private environmental and irrigation water delivery company

On 3 March 1995, NSW Government privatised the irrigation system in the NSW Murray Valley and Murray Irrigation Limited was born. We are an unlisted, public company. Our irrigators are also our shareholders and include 1,357 family-farm businesses.

Sleazy attempt to the front line ....

You really have nfi what you're talking about.
You're a relentless troll on many subjects, and sometimes humorous, but on this occasion you are looking quite stupid.
I'll let you work out why.

It appears to me this irrigation company has donated to the IPA. Would that be to limit irrigation licenses and keep more water in the river? Or to irrigate more water to farmers and take more water out of the river!@

It appears to me this irrigation company has donated to the IPA. Would that be to limit irrigation licenses and keep more water in the river? Or to irrigate more water to farmers and take more water out of the river!@
Where, in your imagination, is the Murray?
And how is this a Murray Darling lobbying group at all?
Please stick to topics you have an idea about.

You really have nfi what you're talking about.
You're a relentless troll on many subjects, and sometimes humorous, but on this occasion you are looking quite stupid.
I'll let you work out why.
Seems to me a fair few ? Need to be asked

Who are these 54 or 55 Australians who are on the so called IPA board
Why not disclose since 2003 ( something to hide)
Why have irrigators not lost property asserts as per
Victim of crime legislation or benefit of crime

And
Another subject with links
Why wasn't gina charged with sedition
Back of a truck preaching to bring a elected government down , all over a mining tax which idiots voted against

Is that treason , we were at war at the time

Maybe GINA SHOULD GIVE SOME CASH to asbestos suffering
That's where her wealth originated from after all

But you work it out , you seem s more worldly than the majority of us

Good old WA no wonder Menzies wanted to give it to the japs!

Back