Should Chris Scott be sanctioned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain what is happening here? Genuinely don't understand

Essentially, the coaches aren't allowed to engage with the umpires during the match - that's a responsibility of the captain. Chris Scott did so during a break, then lied on his scheduled TV appearance about what he had said to the umpires.

Black Child

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
And yet geelong plays home games against richmond at richmonds home ground in richmonds home city.

We train at Punt Road.
We don't get to play there.
As a result we get screwed.
MCG is neutral.
No one trains on it.
Geelong train at Kardinia Park.
Geelong get to play there.
Therefore they get an advantage.

We train at Punt Road.
MCG is neutral.
No one trains on it.

The MCG is not a neutral venue. Richmond gain an advantage when playing there against non-tenants.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
We train at Punt Road.
MCG is neutral.
No one trains on it.
WC & Freo don't train at Optus yet Richmond supporters continually tell us about our home ground advantage.
If a grand final was played at Optus with the usual GF ticket allocations that would make it a neutral location right?

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee he’s lucky if the umpires didn’t hear it. Without that I think relying upon Fox Footy lip readers is a tad silly for a fine.

A better thing would be to introduce a flat out rule that coaches cannot talk to umpires during the game at all and to do so results in a fine.

It’s not a good look in my view but I think it shows a problem with rules/etiquette vis a vis coaches and umpires on game day

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Was Clarkson sanctioned for his violent outbursts? AFL is a family game, can't have him going around and assaulting coaches boxes and benches.

Or umpires at junior games. No one will touch Clarkson.
Escapes all criticism but gets praise like no other coach for sticking to a boring game plan beating a horrible Geelong who played right into their hands.
Scott is the one coach he struggles against. I don’t know why Beveridge or Hinkley didn’t get the praise for beating us.
When we lose to them we had a ‘bad’ day, lose to hawthorn, must be all Clarkson and his 10th places hawks.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
WC & Freo don't train at Optus yet Richmond supporters continually tell us about our home ground advantage.
If a grand final was played at Optus with the usual GF ticket allocations that would make it a neutral location right?

Lol those whinging tiger fans have nothing.
It’s amazing they even try to argue this point. They play more on the MCG than you do at Optus plus they will get the finals and definitely the GF if they made it as the away side.
I don’t get why the marvel sides don’t kick up a stink yet Richmond fans do. Odd behaviour.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Gee he’s lucky if the umpires didn’t hear it. Without that I think relying upon Fox Footy lip readers is a tad silly for a fine.

A better thing would be to introduce a flat out rule that coaches cannot talk to umpires during the game at all and to do so results in a fine.

It’s not a good look in my view but I think it shows a problem with rules/etiquette vis a vis coaches and umpires on game day
I thought it was a rule that only the captain could approach the umps to query decisions during the game?

Lol those whinging tiger fans have nothing.
It’s amazing they even try to argue this point. They play more on the MCG than you do at Optus plus they will get the finals and definitely the GF if they made it as the away side.
I don’t get why the marvel sides don’t kick up a stink yet Richmond fans do. Odd behaviour.

Collingwood play more games at the G. Why aren’t you having a melt over that? Oh that’s right they’re not Richmond. Get over it sook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Escapes all criticism but gets praise like no other coach for sticking to a boring game plan beating a horrible Geelong who played right into their hands.
Scott is the one coach he struggles against. I don’t know why Beveridge or Hinkley didn’t get the praise for beating us.
When we lose to them we had a ‘bad’ day, lose to hawthorn, must be all Clarkson and his 10th places hawks.
Cry more

Black Child

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Hinkley is a great coach.
No idea why Port supporters want him sacked.
They've been rebuilding this year and have very promising 18 year olds already proving themselves at AFL level in their first year.
Rozee, Butters and Duursma all terrific and I hope Duursma keeps doing the bow and arrow.
Sides with that age profile will always be inconsistent week to week.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

How about relying on Chris Scott admitting he said it on national TV?

It is entirely inappropriate for a coach to ask an umpire "how are going to make up for that 50"

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
How about relying on Chris Scott admitting he said it on national TV?

It is entirely inappropriate for a coach to ask an umpire "how are going to make up for that 50"
Yeah I would rather our coach smashed in the coaches box walls and scream at umpires in the little league.

Look in your own backyard

Yeah I would rather our coach smashed in the coaches box walls and scream at umpires in the little league.

What does that have to do with this thread? What do you think about Chris Scott's actions, without mentioning other coaches?

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
What does that have to do with this thread? What do you think about Chris Scott's actions, without mentioning other coaches?
Storm in a tea cup conpaired to the past acts of the OP flog of a coach

But hey when you need to troll an opposition team you don’t look at your own team’s previous actions do you

Just more of the usual whining from the Hawks nuffies

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Apparently the Dogs and Port are teams full of talented stars and great youth.

Apparently Hawthorn is full of old players who are well past their prime and a poor quality youth that is never going to make it... according to the media and other club supporters anyway.

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Except Clarkson was charged by South Metro Junior Football League with "unacceptable behaviour" and received a 4 match ban. Maybe get your facts straight first?

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Clarkson was charged by South Metro Junior Football League with "unacceptable behaviour" and received a 4 match ban.

Clarkson: ''I'm really disappointed with my actions, I'm disappointed it's brought such attention to the whole football world"

Scott: lies on national television.

:$ :$ :$

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hinkley is a great coach.
No idea why Port supporters want him sacked.
They've been rebuilding this year and have very promising 18 year olds already proving themselves at AFL level in their first year.
Rozee, Butters and Duursma all terrific and I hope Duursma keeps doing the bow and arrow.
Sides with that age profile will always be inconsistent week to week.
Hinkley is far from a great coach. Maybe we want him sacked because we’ve played and lost one final in the last five years, are about to miss again, and have completely turned over the list and all the assistants whilst he has been here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back