Roast Should danger be dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you always start with the end in mind - the list should be managed in such a way that we have everyone at their peak come September.
Danger has a knee now an ankle , I'd rest him for the next 1-2 weeks to get him right.
We have 2 less challenging games coming up so no better time and I'd also save Gaz the flight this week as well.........

And yet adelaide nearly won a flag after he left..

I think our forward line is collectively worse when he is in there. He needs to be 'the man' when he is in there.

Maybe his one way running is made worse by his injuries as others have pointed out.
Danger was best in ground by a street in the prelim he played at crows.

Game turned in the last when danger was off injured. Our midfield was well beaten until then

Danger went off with 6 minutes to go in the last quarter when we had the game in our keeping.

I actually strongly disagree with anyone who says aby players don't run both ways.

You only have to be at games to see how hard they all work with or without the ball, some just are better at working without it, some just go early without it and roll the dice on us winning it back.
Like every aspect of the game, some players are just better at it than others

Did you hear Scott on 3aw today?

"The crutches thing is silly. If you stub your toe the docs will have you in a moon boot. It's not your call, it's theirs.
He's got an mcl issue. I've known many that couldn't play with that. Never mind perform. He's one of those guys that gets himself up".

Thanks for providing the evidentiary context for what Scott was referring to in talking of 'the Danger show'.

It's much more about the hysterical overreactions of the media to his every action than a suggestion that Patrick is primarily responsible for making an unnecessary exhibition of himself.

Both Danger and the coach have now given a fairly cogent analysis of how seriously people should be listening to Kane Cornes' opinion on this matter.

After all, who would have thought that a Port stalwart might have an unhealthy fascination with spuriously attacking a former Adelaide player who fled the state to play with a hated Victorian rival?

119 ringing a bell with anyone?

Last edited:
For whatever reason, the coaches insist in playing Dangerfield even when he's clearly being impeded by accumulated knocks and niggles. He's needed a rest for a while and it's shown in his game. Now that he's been hurt more seriously, I guess he'll get that. Club needs to be more conscious of this, because while you want your best players out all the time, you also need to think long-term and with regard for maximizing effectiveness.

Was this thread created by the same person who created the Hawkins becoming insignificant thread?

That's the problem with Big Footy, it allows people with who haven't got a clue to create threads. Similar with social media, it gives morons a voice.
Admit it Stucky, that's why you're here.
Morons with a voice need an audience, and here you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At last the MC has bitten the bullet and dropped the bludger.
A refreshing new attitude from the club.

Not before time that this farce of Patrick feigning injury for attention was addressed.

And calling him out with a week's club-imposed suspension seems like just the right response. Further kudos to the GFC as well for then going to the trouble of publicly pretending the reason for his omission is actually an injury.

That should hopefully stop 'the Danger show' in its tracks.

Must say in the first half dangers defensive running was horrible. We looked a much better team when he had to play forward.

We got to see the danger show again. Injured miraculous recovery when he could sniff a goal

Must say in the first half dangers defensive running was horrible. We looked a much better team when he had to play forward.

We got to see the danger show again. Injured miraculous recovery when he could sniff a goal
He honestly just needs a break. He is a bull and wants to carry the team on his back, but he would be better off having two weeks off and coming back healthy.

He's still probably the best player in the league for me, and probably the toughest.
But yeah the Danger Show me,me,me.
The game was still in the balance when he took that shot from outside 50.
Bout the 4th time he's done something like that this year.
So f**king selfish. When you've got someone like Dollhouse running till he spews.
Its f**ked. Needs a talking too.

If you think the way he was moving last night after the Talia hit was a "recovery" then I don't think you've ever watched him play. He couldn't kick, had no explosiveness and I was surprised they didn't just bench him. He genuinely seemed limited.

Yeah but Brownlow votes.
One part of me sees him as someone who cares so much about the team that he'd break himself trying to get us over the line. Another part of me sees him with this need to be the best and to be seen as the best. And fair enough too. He deserves to have a bit of arrogance about it, it's how he dominates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back