Roast Should danger be dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One part of me sees him as someone who cares so much about the team that he'd break himself trying to get us over the line. Another part of me sees him with this need to be the best and to be seen as the best. And fair enough too. He deserves to have a bit of arrogance about it, it's how he dominates.
This. He's good, he knows he's good, but sometimes that translates into "I need to do this because nobody else can".
His kicking can be fixed too, but maybe nobody is game to actually pull him up on it?

This. He's good, he knows he's good, but sometimes that translates into "I need to do this because nobody else can".
His kicking can be fixed too, but maybe nobody is game to actually pull him up on it?
In fairness sometimes he does have to. Like that Richmond final.
Last night was just Watch me come back from getting smashed and nail this from 60 campaigners

There was a really poor passage of play on the Moorabool st end back flank, him and Joel vs 2 crows, he showed zero intent and effort. It was so glaring a lot of the crowd around me gave him crap for it (was almost right in front of us).
In saying that I think he genuinely exhausts himself smashing into contest after contest, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a week off as a rest, play Chook or shuffle some magnets around (like Joel inside, or Atkins in).
On top of that I'd like to see a game or 2 where he starts forward and spends the majority of the game there.
We need peak Danger in finals, no point running him into the ground now.

He's still probably the best player in the league for me, and probably the toughest.
But yeah the Danger Show me,me,me.
The game was still in the balance when he took that shot from outside 50.
Bout the 4th time he's done something like that this year.
So f**king selfish. When you've got someone like Dollhouse running till he spews.
Its f**ked. Needs a talking too.
Maybe cos he can easily kick the distance. Gary ablett snr took that shot every time. As did brownless and ben graham. Cos they can kick the distance easily.

A month a go he handballed to a player in the goal square rather then take the kick and we ripped into him. Now he takes the kick and we rip into him again for being selfish. Cant win.

He was the only player who rocked up last week to play. Never gets kudos. Takes incredible pack marks week after week and we all just shrug our shoulders and focus on perceived negatives. Its pathetic.

Maybe cos he can easily kick the distance. Gary ablett snr took that shot every time. As did brownless and ben graham. Cos they can kick the distance easily.

A month a go he handballed to a player in the goal square rather then take the kick and we ripped into him. Now he takes the kick and we rip into him again for being selfish. Cant win.

He was the only player who rocked up last week to play. Never gets kudos. Takes incredible pack marks week after week and we all just shrug our shoulders and focus on perceived negatives. Its pathetic.

We don’t all. I for one marvel at his feats each and every week.

I think you missed the first line of my post and trust me I've defended him plenty on here and given him more kudos than most.
But its getting too much. He was never getting that goal. Makes them one out of ten.

The thread's initial purpose is weird, but discussing Danger's puzzling brain fades and frustrating kicking yips while acknowledging his (amazing) strengths, not so much. Nobody's perfect, even the best player in comp.
Yep the thread title is a bit misleading. And yeah no-ones perfect.
Even the Great Man used to kick 80 points in a season (which is an amazing stat in itself). Might of served the team better giving a few off.

He’s flawed but he’s wonderful -on the field- skills, effort, work rate, leadership. Seems like a good clubman. Then off field stuff- an intelligent and perceptive addition to the ranks of players making comments.

Like GAJ before the review in 07 a bit - in terms of not thinking team all the time.

Thats the only thing I can think he needs to be told - not that he is not team oriented - but there are times when he tries to win it all by himself - trust your mates a bit more in those times and IMO the criticism will drop.

GO Catters

The thread's initial purpose is weird, but discussing Danger's puzzling brain fades and frustrating kicking yips while acknowledging his (amazing) strengths, not so much. Nobody's perfect, even the best player in comp.

Yeah, the title was a bit of click bait. I admit that.

It's not his ability that's the problem. It's the attitude. His defensive running is atrocious and it's not due to fatigue as it is shocking early in games as well.

His lack of care factor for others when in the forward line. Ablett has real forward craft and will create space for others. Dangerfield refuses do to this as it's all about him. So selfish at times.

It's not his ability that's the problem. It's the attitude. His defensive running is atrocious and it's not due to fatigue as it is shocking early in games as well.

His lack of care factor for others when in the forward line. Ablett has real forward craft and will create space for others. Dangerfield refuses do to this as it's all about him. So selfish at times.
You don't buy a Ferrari because it's great to parallel park in.
And you don't recruit danger for defensive running. You let the Volvo do that.

What a wierd thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh for crying out loud warhorse. Lol.

I think you missed the first line of my post and trust me I've defended him plenty on here and given him more kudos than most.
But its getting too much. He was never getting that goal. Makes them one out of ten.
Show me the evidence please.

Show me the evidence please.
Actually 0 out of 10 from a set shot from 60.
Never seen him do it have you?
Even Buddy would have struggled to clear the goal line from there.
Think I've seen Danger nail 3 set shots from outside 50 since he's been with us.

Actually 0 out of 10 from a set shot from 60.
Never seen him do it have you?
Even Buddy would have struggled to clear the goal line from there.
Think I've seen Danger nail 3 set shots from outside 50 since he's been with us.
I thought you may have had the youtube videos showing the 1/10 he got...
Not serious, but Danger is hardly a selfish player, and seems better from outside 40-50, than closer in, but it just seems that way perhaps.
He is the sort of player that has ability to do it when it's really critical. I'm happy for him to be what he is.

I thought you may have had the youtube videos showing the 1/10 he got...
Not serious, but Danger is hardly a selfish player, and seems better from outside 40-50, than closer in, but it just seems that way perhaps.
He is the sort of player that has ability to do it when it's really critical. I'm happy for him to be what he is.
I usually am too. But that one last night and that video I posted is going too far.
The whole team first thing has served us well all year, Hawkins buys into it a lot and he's in the running for the Coleman.
Danger can too.

I usually am too. But that one last night and that video I posted is going too far.
The whole team first thing has served us well all year, Hawkins buys into it a lot and he's in the running for the Coleman.
Danger can too.
Hawkins is the MOST unselfish player in the comp, as a KF. Even Friday pm he could perhaps have kicked that ball on the goal-line backwards, but tried to get it to Danger.
Danger has enough credits I still believe, given his outrageous contribution to our team, that some moments of grandiose selfishness are tolerable for me.

Hawkins is the MOST unselfish player in the comp, as a KF. Even Friday pm he could perhaps have kicked that ball on the goal-line backwards, but tried to get it to Danger.
Danger has enough credits I still believe, given his outrageous contribution to our team, that some moments of grandiose selfishness are tolerable for me.
Not just tolerable. They should be celebrated. You need players who can do things others cant from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back