Opinion Should Geelong v West Coast be played at GMHBA Stadium next week?

Should the Gee v WCE final be played at GMHBA Stadium?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Question - do Geelong supporters realise that if they win and play us at the MCG that they will be getting a significant advantage in playing an away preliminary final at a neutral venue?

How is a ground neutral?
Is it your home ground or not, sometimes it is, sometimes its not, depends if it suits the argument.

I'm not confused my mobs home ground is Optus & even when we play Freo its still our home ground, straight forward.

Richmond adopted the MCG 50+ years ago & you still dont know if, where or when you play at home.

Just browsing ticketek, this game that was too big for GHMBA stadium currently has tickets available in every bay on level 1 and they haven't even bothered to put the top deck on sale yet...

Seems the AFL are truly on the Eagles bandwagon, I suppose we can expect more WA umpires in the grand final again this year.

Just browsing ticketek, this game that was too big for GHMBA stadium currently has tickets available in every bay on level 1 and they haven't even bothered to put the top deck on sale yet...

Seems the AFL are truly on the Eagles bandwagon, I suppose we can expect more WA umpires in the grand final again this year.

The way Scott has handled this saga has been terrible.

Whether or not it is the right decision, it is the decision. Play the whistle.

Bleating and moaning about it at every single opportunity is bound to have an effect on the confidence of his players at the mcg. If not already.

The guy has always been poor at keeping his composure and now it is hurting his team

Last edited:

How good would that be?

A true head scratcher this one, let me think. Geelong can campaign for finals to be played at gmh whatever and that is fine. WC, if it makes a GF campaign's for the game to be played at Optus and they are a pack of whingers who should know their place. Logic does not know it's place here.......at all.
Selecting just the opinions that suit your side is a pretty lazy way of putting forth an argument.

Have you got evidence of these people who are simultaneously saying the cats are correct to complain but the eagles are a bunch of sooks?

Il happily stand corrected if you can find such an example.

The way Scott has handled this saga has been terrible.

Whether or not it is the right decision, it is the decision. Play the whistle.

Bleating and moaning about it at every single opportunity is bound to have an effect on the confidence of his players at the mcg. If not already.

The guy has always been poor at keeping his composure and now it is hurting his team
Yep, if he wants to argue this sort of stuff then do it in the off season, not the same week you are playing a final.
Every team starts the season knowing the rules for that season (ie: home state final), just pointless talking about it in September. With social media these days it takes off like wild fire and becomes a massive ill informed distraction.

Yes. If they play h&a games against certain teams at GMHBA then same should be with finals. Teams they play h&a games at the G ,play at the G during finals. West Coast, GWS, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs - Yes. Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon - No (These teams havent played there for many years) ... may have mistaken the category but you get the idea
Which would be almost OK, if Geelong chose to play Collingwood, etc, at the MCG. But they don't. Not any more.

The AFL are on the Eagles bandwagon eh, long way to GF day, home ground that day, earned or not, Pies? Tiges? Vic umpies?

Which would be almost OK, if Geelong chose to play Collingwood, etc, at the MCG. But they don't. Not any more.

I wouldnt be against the idea if it could be pulled off

They have the next renovation in a few years to make it a 40k stadium
Hopefully when the next one comes around they make a deal with the AFL if its built to a certain capacity they can hold all games there. Their populations booming, they can go big even at a new location 15 mins up the road. A day trip to ground would be fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, if he wants to argue this sort of stuff then do it in the off season, not the same week you are playing a final.
Every team starts the season knowing the rules for that season (ie: home state final), just pointless talking about it in September. With social media these days it takes off like wild fire and becomes a massive ill informed distraction.
Trouble is, if nobody agitates for change, then it never happens.

Totally agree and he as much as they feel hard done by the decision it has been made and he should be spooking we a good football team will play anyone anywhere and remain positive which would lift the players but no he constantly argues the point and must play on the teams minds - the thought of them going out straight sets doesn’t make me 😀 thought

Totally agree and he as much as they feel hard done by the decision it has been made and he should be spooking we a good football team will play anyone anywhere and remain positive which would lift the players but no he constantly argues the point and must play on the teams minds - the thought of them going out straight sets doesn’t make me 😀 thought
To be fair I am sick of him talking about it as well, but he gets asked the same questions by the media all the time.

Would say the low sales isnt so much a boycott but fair weather fans ataying away cause they know The Cats are heading for another embarrassing 1997 style straight sets exit..
Yep, that's it.

Shove that right up your ass AFL, I hope you lost money tonight.

Equality is EVERYTHING in sport and the Cats deserved a home final in Geelong against an interstate side. They also deserved a fair umpiring display.

Against all adversity we still fcuk on your equalisation attempts.

Go Cats!

Shove that right up your ass AFL, I hope you lost money tonight.

Equality is EVERYTHING in sport and the Cats deserved a home final in Geelong against an interstate side. They also deserved a fair umpiring display.

Against all adversity we still fcuk on your equalisation attempts.

Go Cats!

Since the Cats finished top do you think the prelim should be at GMHBABCDEF Stadium?

Would say the low sales isnt so much a boycott but fair weather fans ataying away cause they know The Cats are heading for another embarrassing 1997 style straight sets exit..
You sure about that?

Back