Should I dump my estate agent and go it alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
I have a commercial property that has been leased to the same customer for the past 15 years. In that time they have done nothing except take about $90,000 for "managing" the property and re-signing the customer every 5 years.

I generally deal directly with the customer for maintenance, reimbursement of rates and insurances etc. The property is up for renewal at the end of next year and the customer is open to dealing direct with me.

Is there anything an estate agent might offer that I am missing?

I have a commercial property that has been leased to the same customer for the past 15 years. In that time they have done nothing except take about $90,000 for "managing" the property and re-signing the customer every 5 years.

I generally deal directly with the customer for maintenance, reimbursement of rates and insurances etc. The property is up for renewal at the end of next year and the customer is open to dealing direct with me.

Is there anything an estate agent might offer that I am missing?

If you're paying a RE to manage a property, and you're managing the property yourself, then it would just be the cost of the legal fees to re-do the lease every 5 years presumably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back