Should I have the right to a club membership refund?

Remove this Banner Ad

What if they have them all on Wednesday mornings at 10am or 12 days in a row from 6-17th December from 3am-5am

The timing absolutely does matter, it should be March to Oct and generally over the weekends.

That’s the other thing. A lot of people go away (if they can) after Nov really.

Clubs take the money and yet the players are whinging they aren't getting full pay...how about the players show an ounce of leading from the front.

People would have less of an issue if next year their membership fees were reduced or given for free.
No doubt there will be some kind of sweetener next year for 2020 members. I think a lot of fans will keep this season's scarves/hats/cards/stickers as some kind of badge of honour- a memento of sticking fat with the club in trying circumstances.

No doubt there will be some kind of sweetener next year for 2020 members. I think a lot of fans will keep this season's scarves/hats/cards/stickers as some kind of badge of honour- a memento of sticking fat with the club in trying circumstances.

I’d want that sweetener so to speak in writing not some Hail Mary saying “it will happen I promise”.

Channel 7 are the same, I can't believe they are pulling out their money for the TV rights right when the AFL needs them. So much for a broadcast 'partner'

"Weak as piss campaigners"

Haven't they ever heard of a 'donation'

:rolleyes:
Business partnership is different to supposedly loving your club.

Business partnership is different to supposedly loving your club.

Then give us the games we miss in credit next year and I want it in writing not just here say from the club.

It’s not a donation jeez if I pay for 11 homes games I expect to get 11 homes games not 4, not 6, not 0...

We could have put that money towards something else. Personally the money isn’t important it’s the principle. You offer a service, you have to give that service.

Then give us the games we miss in credit next year and I want it in writing not just here say from the club.

It’s not a donation jeez if I pay for 11 homes games I expect to get 11 homes games not 4, not 6, not 0...

We could have put that money towards something else. Personally the money isn’t important it’s the principle. You offer a service, you have to give that service.
Why isn't it just a donation though. Much funner going to the footy when your team is a good team because it can spend full salary cap and footy department cap rather than being on a shoestring budget and a crap team because it doesn't have many members.

Inb4 jokes about Carlton

Why isn't it just a donation though. Much funner going to the footy when your team is a good team because it can spend full salary cap and footy department cap rather than being on a shoestring budget and a crap team because it doesn't have many members.

It's a business, at the end of the day football is a business. You pay for something at a business you expect to get that agreed transaction, you don't expect to get 20% of the agreed transaction. It would be like going to a petrol station and paying for $100 worth of petrol and only getting $20 worth. You think that's fair?

As I said I'm happy to cop the amount this year, but I want it credited next year. That is a fair and reasonable compromise.

They've already been distributed, so regardless of membership refunds or not, I can't see the club organising a courier to go to each house and pick up the scarf they delivered

It's a business, at the end of the day football is a business. You pay for something at a business you expect to get that agreed transaction, you don't expect to get 20% of the agreed transaction. It would be like going to a petrol station and paying for $100 worth of petrol and only getting $20 worth. You think that's fair?

As I said I'm happy to cop the amount this year, but I want it credited next year. That is a fair and reasonable compromise.
But I don't live and breathe Caltex in their rivalry with Shell. I couldn't give a rats if Caltex closed down tomorrow. It's different.

I bought an 11 game membership for myself and 2 of my grandkids and if they cant supply the service that i paid for then i should absolutely get a refund straight away even if they reschedule games for october or november and play them during the week thats no good for me or the grandkids as they have school then,i understand some supporters are happy to "donate" the money to the club and thats their choice but i dont want to and thats my choice....refund NOW!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I don't live and breathe Caltex in their rivalry with Shell. I couldn't give a rats if Caltex closed down tomorrow. It's different.

I expect 11 HOME GAMES. It's pretty simple. If the club or AFL can't give us that (that we paid for) then they credit us in 2021.

I expect 11 HOME GAMES. It's pretty simple. If the club or AFL can't give us that (that we paid for) then they credit us in 2021.
Great fan you are!

People like us posting on a footy forum obviously live and breathe footy. Regardless of going to games a few hundred dollars each year is pretty cheap when its your entertainment and all you talk about for 6 months.

Great fan you are!

People like us posting on a footy forum obviously live and breathe footy. Regardless of going to games a few hundred dollars each year is pretty cheap when its your entertainment and all you talk about for 6 months.

It's not the amount, I'm fortunate that financially I'm fine. It's the principle. You give us what I pay for, or you give us credit next year. They even had the audacity to call me last week about upgrading it...they copped it deluxe (and they were lucky my wife was in the room because I would have gone off even more)

Expect some or all clubs will try to fob people off by offering $[equal to the membership] worth of junk from the merchandise shop. Probably well before next season so it's the stock they'd be trying to get rid of anyway.

Expect some or all clubs will try to fob people off by offering $[equal to the membership] worth of junk from the merchandise shop. Probably well before next season so it's the stock they'd be trying to get rid of anyway.

If they try and do that to me I feel sorry for the person on the phone

Why be a dick to the person just following company directives? Person probably feels s**t enough having to make the calls in the first place.

Then don’t call me in the first place. I’m over these calls. Sure it’s a directive but use common sense before calling someone and perhaps don’t do it 3 weeks after the suspension of a season...

Support your club hey,what about players supporting the AFL and taking pay cuts of 85% like some NRL clubs are doing and like the NZ Warriors players who are donating some of their left over payments to the staff at the club that lost their jobs,good on you guys!!
Why are you so angry?
I expect the players from my club to come back as fit as ever and entertain me on the weekends. They won’t be doing that with an 85% pay decrease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back