List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I won't lie. Going from McEvoy to Pittonet will be a huge downgrade. It's depressing to think about. Absolute opposites as rucks. I love having a Ruckman so involved around the ground and clunking marks. Pittonet doesn't show any of that ability at AFL level.

Those damn small hands! ;)

To be fair following McEvoy will be a huge task for any ruckman. He is enormous for us. Love the bloke.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Pittonet is 23, or 24? He's already really consistent and durable (underrated how important that is for a ruckman) at VFL level, and showed plenty of aggression at AFL level which is his point of difference. He's young and will likely improve into a solid but not outstanding ruckman. Who really knows though, not many rucks set the world on fire before they've played 100 games (had to rubs my eyes when I looked and saw that Cegs has only played 76 AFL games!). I think our ruck situation is looking good, just need to recruit one or two young blokes before McEvoy retires, and maybe in that time we'll get a crack at Preuss or another young gun.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
Ceglar is more valuable to us then some may think. If McEvoy gets injured who is next in line? I don’t think Pittonet will make it at AFL level. He doesn’t take marks around the ground or kick goals. He’s more of a Mumford type ruck.

Ceglar is a gun. I love the guy.

I really hope we keep him.

Ceglar is a gun. I love the guy.

I really hope we keep him.
I agree, but we're not going to play 2x Ruckmen + Patton.

He's far too good to sit at BHH & play 5x AFL games a year & that's not us extracting any real value from his talent either.

As good as he is, his best value to us is probs turning our 3rd into someone's 2nd in a trade & pick swap*.

*I know he's FA, but if we paid a bit of his salary then we can probs convince a club to trade for him instead of FA acquisition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Malceski at 30 going to a three year deal worth $1,500,000 was considered band 3 - second round pick.
So what's a 2yr deal at $1.2m (discussed in here) for a 44yr old worth?

Band 4? End of 2nd? Is Band 5 a thing - a 3rd Rounder, perhaps?

*I'm not sure how old Silk is but I'm pretty sure he's mid 40's & possibly a Jedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back