List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've been happy to keep KB, but I suppose if you haven't consolidated your spot in the team after 6 seasons it's hard to justify your place on the list.

There was just too big a gap between his best and worst, but at his best he was good enough to play at the top level.

You have to have as many spots as picks now, so assuming we will need at least 2 for Finn, how does that work can we pass and then resign an uncontracted player ?

Wow one good game in the granny when we won by 10 goals. Shoey sucks
Disagree, Schoey is competitive especially as a forward. No doubt he is kept on the list for KPP depth considering we have lost Mohr as well as the last resort, which I think is what Schoey is now.
Don't see a problem with keeping him rather than picking up a state league KPP, they rarely turn out to be decent at AFL level.

You have to have as many spots as picks now, so assuming we will need at least 2 for Finn, how does that work can we pass and then resign an uncontracted player ?
The picks keep going though, could pick up 10 players in the draft if we wanted to/had the spots for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN
Patton
Frost

OUT
Roughead (retired)
Mohr (retired) **
Langford (retired) **
Birchall (FA)
Pittonet (traded)
Brand (delisted)
Minchington (delisted)
Mirra (delisted)
Miles (delisted)

**rookie list
So 2 ins + 2 rookie upgrades - 3 spots left for the ND. If we want to go after Bennell / other DFA will need to delist more.

The picks keep going though, could pick up 10 players in the draft if we wanted to/had the spots for

I know, you get a pick back at the end of the draft but what im asking is rather than take a pick at 77 or whatever can we pass and resign Brand or whoever ?

Looks like we’ll be picking up a few DFA, hopefully Bennell

giphy.gif

So 2 ins + 2 rookie upgrades - 3 spots left for the ND. If we want to go after Bennell / other DFA will need to delist more.

We can have an additional player on the senior list at the expense of one rookie selection. This means that with the the first round of list changes we can take 3 ND selections + sign one DFA or take 4 ND selections.

I believe we're going to take 4 ND selections (11, 30 + 42 for Finn, 54 & 63). If we believe a DFA will benefit us (e.g. we think Bennell has his attitude right) we won't offer a new contract to Shoey. However, he will be retained if we make no other moves. Regardless I think we're only going to have one rookie selection with a larger senior list.

We can have an additional player on the senior list at the expense of one rookie selection. This means that with the the first round of list changes we can take 3 ND selections + sign one DFA or take 4 ND selections.

I believe we're going to take 4 ND selections (11, 30 + 42 for Finn, 54 & 63). If we believe a DFA will benefit us (e.g. we think Bennell has his attitude right) we won't offer a new contract to Shoey. However, he will be retained if we make no other moves. Regardless I think we're only going to have one rookie selection with a larger senior list.
Ah right forgot about that as well.

Live trading has made it a lot more interesting in that we may also not necessarily take all 4 picks... after we lose 30 and 42 for finn, they could try and trade 54 + 63 to get back up into the 40s if there's a player they rate. Definitely a lot more options.

Brand stiff he was brilliant in the vfl at least he is handy depth incase one of our keys get injured. Frawley misses about 6-7 games a year and kosi ain’t afl ready.
Even when Frawley was injured we went with Sic so apart from his height we didn't see him as a viable option

Sorry but give me brand and Mirra over Shoey any day. Shoey provides nothing even if his fit we don’t need him, OBREIN has gone past him. Brand Mirra handy defender depth.
Shoey is well beyond cooked
Wow one good game in the granny when we won by 10 goals. Shoey sucks
Mohr got delisted and Shoey should have too. Cooked
Do you know Schoey's medical history? Have you seen the scans?
Lmao , nah I’ve just seen his games played over the last 3 years and it’s under 10! His cooked also when he came back to the vfl this year he did fu** all. He is useless.

I am all for giving an opinion about a player and for what it’s worth I would have delisted Shoey as well but I never see the need to denigrate them.

I will assume that you are a teenager, otherwise saying a Hawk Premiership player “Sucks” and “He is useless” makes you come across as an A grade tosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back