List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowSF

All Australian
Jun 2, 2009
California
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keeping Ceglar is a must. McEvoy probably has a couple of years left due to age and Pittonet is a big unknown. I would like to also see Burgoyne on a two year deal if still possible. Delist fringe players like Shoenmakers, Mirra, Mohr etc. (I’d however keep Brand as insurance given Frawley is our only key defender.) Pass on Patton and use our draft picks to bring in some young talent.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ceglar is a gun.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This year the list is going through a massive transition. VFL and AFL lists need a massive review.

I still think our key is finding some star pressure small forwards, and clubs normally don't part ways here because they know how important they are. It will need to be through the draft.

I’m not 100% sure but I think Brand is contracted until the end of next year.
Yep Hawks website article lists brand as contracted, Ollie too

I wonder whether we have a slightly new plan this year. Sign up all the guys that we would like to keep in the long run but, if need be, and agreed with them, execute a trade that gets us a greater value, rather than having them walk as "delisted free agents".

But I don't know if this is practically right? What would happen to a normal player at the end of a contract who decides the club isn't offering him the terms that he requires? Trade, or walk to the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back