List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Your thoughts on Breust? Hopefully stays.
If Schoey gets another year, imo it's insurance in case we have multiple injuries and he can come into the side (if fit) as he knows the hawks system and can play both ends. Nothing more.

Staggered with the Schoey view. If we get Patton and with Ross developing, seems a poor list management decision.

Hardly set the world alight at BHH and his body is letting him down massively.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Staggered with the Schoey view. If we get Patton and with Ross developing, seems a poor list management decision.

Hardly set the world alight at BHH and his body is letting him down massively.
Exactly.

Isn't like you can keep him as squad depth as he's often injured & requires his own depth.

I'd rather give Casboult a 1-yr deal.

Ceglar is more valuable to us then some may think. If McEvoy gets injured who is next in line? I don’t think Pittonet will make it at AFL level. He doesn’t take marks around the ground or kick goals. He’s more of a Mumford type ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceglar is more valuable to us then some may think. If McEvoy gets injured who is next in line? I don’t think Pittonet will make it at AFL level. He doesn’t take marks around the ground or kick goals. He’s more of a Mumford type ruck.

And then there's his tiny, doll-like hands...

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If I imagine all the times this year that I saw the ball bombed into the forward 50, with only Paul Puopolo sitting underneath it, but in my mind replace Puopolo with Jon Patton, I can see why we’re interested. His shortcomings in front of the sticks are real (he’s been a shabby set-shot since U18 days) but he’s dangerous under a high ball. Huge reach and strong hands.
That same senario happened when we had Roughead, Franklin, Gunston, Hale and Shoenmakers as forward options too though. See the 2011 prelim. Puopolo has been our CHF a lot for the last 8 years. I will not be surprised to see it continue even with Patton, Lewis, Obrien and Nash there.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
I won't lie. Going from McEvoy to Pittonet will be a huge downgrade. It's depressing to think about. Absolute opposites as rucks. I love having a Ruckman so involved around the ground and clunking marks. Pittonet doesn't show any of that ability at AFL level.

Those damn small hands! ;)

To be fair following McEvoy will be a huge task for any ruckman. He is enormous for us. Love the bloke.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back