List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best coach in the modern era, and HodgeyRoad's looking to push him out ASAP.

Plans can be made, things change and reassessments need to be made. I'm sure Clarko is good enough to consider all the variables and make the right calls. He gets until 2022 and how about we see how things are going then?

Just checking...is there any official word on the Henderson retirement or that Glass will not be offered a contract?

As all I can see is an Irish article that basically says he hasn't got a new contract yet and Glass saying "I'm keen to play for Derry one day" (nothing on Hendo).

Not saying it won't happen but there doesn't seem to be anything from the club or player but we already farewelling them. Have I missed something?

Just checking...is there any official word on the Henderson retirement or that Glass will not be offered a contract?

As all I can see is an Irish article that basically says he hasn't got a new contract yet and Glass saying "I'm keen to play for Derry one day" (nothing on Hendo).

Not saying it won't happen but there doesn't seem to be anything from the club or player but we already farewelling them. Have I missed something?
On Glass, the club is unlikely to make any announcement until the end of the season.

On Hendo, I presume he's done, but maybe the club is waiting to see if Smith re-signs or takes the Brisbane offer before making a call on Hendo

Patience is key.

How long do you give a 4 time premiership coach who is contracted until 2022 and aiming to win a flag by 2022? Personally, I’d give him until at least 2022.
This isn’t some rookie coach who we aren’t sure if they can cut it. This is the best coach of the modern era. We know he can do it. We’ve seen him do it. Surely we should give him time to attempt to finish what he’s started

All depends on the direction he wants to go at seasons end IMO, if he concedes we're miles off and is up for the rebuild by all means I'm for giving him time.

If he thinks we aren't far off and a few minor tweaks can have us competing for a flag, then he's deluded and starting to lose his mind, happens to all great coaches at some point.

On Glass, the club is unlikely to make any announcement until the end of the season.

On Hendo, I presume he's done, but maybe the club is waiting to see if Smith re-signs or takes the Brisbane offer before making a call on Hendo

Patience is key.
I found a comment from Hodge in the media recently where he talked about the direction Hawthorn is taking and having Frawley, McEvoy and Hendo on the list in 2021.

it may have just been an assumption, or it may have been something he is aware of.

Patience is key.

Yes, that's what I thought/presumed.

Both are probably quite likely scenarios but neither have happened and neither are guaranteed - some of the posts sounded like announcements had been made. We may even end up reneweing Glass' contract for another season (of finding a suitor).

I found a comment from Hodge in the media recently where he talked about the direction Hawthorn is taking and having Frawley, McEvoy and Hendo on the list in 2021.

it may have just been an assumption, or it may have been something he is aware of.
I would hope he doesn't know anything about our list management decisions. Champion of the club, but he's on the Brisbane payroll now.

I can see us keeping all 3 by the way

I would hope he doesn't know anything about our list management decisions. Champion of the club, but he's on the Brisbane payroll now.

I can see us keeping all 3 by the way
I would assume he still knows who’s finishing up and who is going around again.

Yep. Has often said he wants to be a 1 club player.

Would be interesting to know how big the $$$ would have to be, and what pick we would need to get.
Because clubs have to spend most of their salary cap Each year he would make more money at Hawthorn because not many top end players than say geelong. but only get a year versus say 3 at geelong so might be worth it

All depends on the direction he wants to go at seasons end IMO, if he concedes we're miles off and is up for the rebuild by all means I'm for giving him time.

If he thinks we aren't far off and a few minor tweaks can have us competing for a flag, then he's deluded and starting to lose his mind, happens to all great coaches at some point.
It is just hindsight mate. Imagine if Damien Hardwick had of been sacked and Richmond done a fire sale because they finished 13th 2016 when the club members so called realists were calling for blood. I mean they almost traded Dustin Martin. Things are never as bad as they seem. We need players of that there is no doubt but couple of key inclusions could turn things around quickly. It can snowball from there.

It is just hindsight mate. Imagine if Damien Hardwick had of been sacked and Richmond done a fire sale because they finished 13th 2016 when the club members so called realists were calling for blood. I mean they almost traded Dustin Martin. Things are never as bad as they seem. We need players of that there is no doubt but couple of key inclusions could turn things around quickly. It can snowball from there.
Port 2018 to now....

If Smith and Hendo go, Hawthorn's list is in desperate need of hard running wing talent. Even if one of them go, I'd hope the club would be trying hard to add something there.

After Scully, who's the next cab off the rank? Morrison or Golds? I know Finn has elite endurance but his profile doesn't read as someone suited to that role. If Moore was quicker in bursts he might be suited with his leading and marking ability.
There could be someone downien Gippsland who could provide some run. Not sure if this is a Con or something else though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best coach in the modern era, and HodgeyRoad's looking to push him out ASAP.

Plans can be made, things change and reassessments need to be made. I'm sure Clarko is good enough to consider all the variables and make the right calls. He gets until 2022 and how about we see how things are going then?
If Clarko persists with McEvoy at CHB and Ceglar as 1st ruck, then I’m with him

There was almost a board coup

Wowee...

Have you ever considered the thought...just once...just for ONE second...that it could be YOU that is wrong, deluded, and losing your mind?

I mean...ever? Don't be alarmed, it happens to even the best posters, I'm told...

Have you ever been less than completely certain that you are right? This is not a rhetorical question, I'm serious.

Pronouncements like this one are what make you one of the more vexatious posters here.

Wowee...

Have you ever considered the thought...just once...just for ONE second...that it could be YOU that is wrong, deluded, and losing your mind?

I mean...ever? Don't be alarmed, it happens to even the best posters, I'm told...

Have you ever been less than completely certain that you are right? This is not a rhetorical question, I'm serious.

Pronouncements like this one are what make you one of the more vexatious posters here.

Was Hodgeyroad on the big footy board in 2009?-10?

Wowee...

I was wrong about this season, I had us bottom part of the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back