List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right, nonetheless JOM is not the player he was looking to become pre knee surgery
I think a lot of that is to do with how we are playing him though now rather than his previous injury still having an affect. I think if we actually moved him to be more of that outside player that he was at the Suns, he would be significantly better for us & show everyone why he was so highly rated by every single recruiter.

I think a lot of that is to do with how we are playing him though now rather than his previous injury still having an affect. I think if we actually moved him to be more of that outside player that he was at the Suns, he would be significantly better for us & show everyone why he was so highly rated by every single recruiter.
How can our worst kick play on the outside though? Shiels, Cousins, Mitchell and even Worpel are all better ball users and none of them are remotely silky

I wouldn't say JOM has been a bust yet, but we are currently getting B grade output for giving up a lot .

I wouldn't mind seeing us split his time onball with being forward . I think he can add some value there , can kick a goal or two and is a very good tackler.
Also gets onball time into one of the younger fellas.

Sorry but JOM has his troubled knee strapped for every training session/game. He is not the same player pre knee patella surgery. Was going to be an absolute elite midfielder and is currently B+, can't see him ever reaching those dizzy heights again.

Wingard has no excuse physically, its all between the ears with him - does he want it bad enough to consistently play at an elite level? This year is the year we find out

No need to apologise!

I agree he is a different player but I think his performances have been better at Hawks. His ceiling pre-injury won’t be reached but that doesn’t mean his best footy isn’t ahead of him.

Agreed with Wingard although our forward line as a whole struggled last year.

That's my fear with Chad. Had 2 x All Australians in his early years and nothing since. Doesn't look anywhere near as dangerous forward as he did back then. The concern is that his best is behind him. Hence the need to establish him as a midfielder. I just don't think he can have the scoreboard impact that he used to enjoy.

It is a realistic concern. I think he plays mid this year which should have him enjoying a more consistent season. I suspect he might even have a greater output on the scoreboard as a mid, resting forward too.

Or everything can go pear-shaped and he never gets going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably the best year to have a couple of spare list spots. Given no Victorian kids played any footy last year, it's likely some good players were overlooked at the draft.

I'd be keeping those spots free until the mid-season draft because there will be a number of potential stars emerge in the lower leagues.

It's probably the best year to have a couple of spare list spots. Given no Victorian kids played any footy last year, it's likely some good players were overlooked at the draft.

I'd be keeping those spots free until the mid-season draft because there will be a number of potential stars emerge in the lower leagues.
This. There has to be a few guys who didn't get picked up that absolutely need to be on an AFL list. Would be great if we could snag a Rowe or Highmore for ourselves if they're out there.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

This. There has to be a few guys who didn't get picked up that absolutely need to be on an AFL list. Would be great if we could snag a Rowe or Highmore for ourselves if they're out there.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I agree, it clearly has been a strategy for a lot of clubs too. There were a lot of rucks passed on in the draft (for example) and there are a lot of teams with remaining spots on their list, plenty waiting around to see what some of the kids might come out and do.

How long is the period to add some to list - is it end of Feb? Otherwise I think you have to wait to mid season. 4 weeks of training is a reasonable period to get a sighter on some vic kids.

Why is that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few reasons. Mainly as other posters have said. Having extra list spots available for the Mid-Season Draft could come very very handy.

The other is, he is a VFL standard player. I don't want us to settle for the likes of Ed Phillips when we can potentially find and reach higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back