• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 3, 2008
undisclosed.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
MUFC.
The question I want to ask is should Kerr and Cox end their season now and get themselves ready for next season and thus avoiding any long term complications in the future that them playing them could present? Or should we play them if the medical staff think they can contribute somewhat?

Now we all know both of them will be very important for us in the near-future in helping us push for a finals spot within the next two years, so do we really want them playing on this season? With Kerr, he wasn't in great form before his injury and we have shown we can win without him (see last season). Also I would rather the younger midfielders get as much as experience as possible so that it fast tracks their development. So wouldn't it be better for him to miss the remainder of the season and start pre-season early?

Cox on the other hand, is an interesting one. Without him we dont look anything special in the ruck but looking at the remaining 6 games, we have 4 at home (Freo/Essendon/NM/Rich) and 2 away (Adelaide/WB). Those 4 games at home, we play 3 average sides and a good side, I am sure Naita/Seaby can do the job against them. Perhaps we will have to wear the pain for the away games. I think we can win two, if not three games without them both. Nothing to do with tanking.;)

So what are your opinions?

If they are fit enough to play then they should do so. We may not be playing finals but we shouldn't be throwing in the towel by resting players either. I think we should we aiming to win as many games as possible before the end of the season to gain some kind of momentum going into next year, obviously Kerr and Cox will help that cause.

i want kerr to finish off the season strongly with 2-3 good games. i feel he needs it and so do the supporters.

we can increase seaby's currency somewhat by playing him and also get time into nicnat with cox out.

so...no for kerr and yes for cox.

they might as well finish their season.
I've already took D Cox out of my super coach team.
but they should still be traning the f***ing house down.
In fact they should all be training the f***ing house down
Even the coaches should be training the f***ing house down.
Even the supporters should be training the f***ing house down.
Even the WAFL player should be training the f***ing house down.
Even the elderly should be training the f***ing house down.
Even the WA commentators should be training the f***ing house down.
Even the construction workers should be training the f***ing house down.
Even WCE on video games should be training the f***ing house down.
Even people who don't like AFL in WA should be training the f***ing house down.
Even our animals in WA should be training the f***ing house down.
Even people with red hair in WA should be training the f***ing house down.

thats all I've got to say. :)

Yes, groin injuries can be nasty I wouldn't risk either of them for a season which we aren't going to get anything out of.

i say yes, we are more lickly to win with them which means less lickly to get PP :p:p
Plus get them ready for 2010 when we have a much better chance at the 8

yes for Cox moreso than kerr, but if both players have general soreness its better to be safe than sorry ;)

If they are fit, they should play. Simple as that.

We need to get our best side together as often as possible so the boys can get more experience playing and working together on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they are fit, let them play. The young guys need the better players around them to accelerate their improvement. Nicnat in particular needs as much time with Coxy as he can get. Besides, the guys have all that time off season to massage their groins.

Without knowing the full extent of either ones injury its hard to say. In the case of Cox I'd be inclined to refrain from playing him again unless he 100+% in the clear, he is too important to our future to be taking any chances whatsoever.
As for Kerr, I believe he has more than one injury and has been something of a crock for some time so clearly he needs very close and accurate assessment before he comes back.
Overall, given our position on the ladder it would be wise to get them both 100% for 2010 rather than even contemplate risking them again this year.

If either of them are able to get 100% fit injury wise whilst maintaining full training in the next 3-4 weeks then id play them for the remainder of the season.

I would allow them those few weeks to be able to build some muscle with the new exercises they have been given and then test them out in a full match scenario and see if those exercises are actually working.

Back