Should Kouta play at FF

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub
Kouta has been named at FF for this game against us. Has he been playing there at all this year???

If not, do you guys think he should take up residency down at FF.

Think about it for a second. Name 1 player in the competition who could man up on Koutifidies at FF.

To be able to man up well, you have to have 3 things -
1. you have to be of a similar height, maybe a bit smaller, but you can't afford to be more than 5 cm smaller.
2. you have to be quick enough to stay with them on leads.
3. you have to be good enough, in your skills to be able to compete with them.

Probably the only player in the competition who would match up well on Kouta is James Hird, and he is not a backman. Essendon could also put Fletcher on him, but he probably wouldn't be quick enough (even though Fletcher is deceptively quick).

But aside from Essendon, i can't think of any team that would have a player who would match-up well on Kouta at FF.

Do you guys think that would be a good thing to experiment with??

Originally posted by WCE2000
Kouta has been named at FF for this game against us. Has he been playing there at all this year???

If not, do you guys think he should take up residency down at FF.

Think about it for a second. Name 1 player in the competition who could man up on Koutifidies at FF.

To be able to man up well, you have to have 3 things -
1. you have to be of a similar height, maybe a bit smaller, but you can't afford to be more than 5 cm smaller.
2. you have to be quick enough to stay with them on leads.
3. you have to be good enough, in your skills to be able to compete with them.

Probably the only player in the competition who would match up well on Kouta is James Hird, and he is not a backman. Essendon could also put Fletcher on him, but he probably wouldn't be quick enough (even though Fletcher is deceptively quick).

But aside from Essendon, i can't think of any team that would have a player who would match-up well on Kouta at FF.

Do you guys think that would be a good thing to experiment with??

I actually don't like seeing Kouta played at full forward, especially after last week. He provides a good contest, but when he's engaged in a wrestling match like last week he rarely marks the ball. He's a much better mark when he gets a run at the ball. I just think our side lifts a lot more when you play him on the ball. But he has value at FF and should play there from time to time - maybe tomorrow due to your lack of tall defenders and because Jakovich may take Whitnall.

Kouta has played a bit of full forward this year and has done okay. He is better suited in the midfield however or just running wherever he damn well pleases. He is a bit wasted up forward but is a handy player to upset the defensive patterns if the Blues are struggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back