Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

The HUN is a tabloid, not a proper newspaper. The Australian and WSJ are perfectly fine as news sources so long as people acknowledge they often have an angle. Ideally, people would read multiple papers from different sources and different angles to form their own opinions with points from each side, but these days it seems people don't like encountering things they disagree with.

What about the publications with much larger viewership eg Herald Sun and The Australian?

News.com.au 1,074,615 page likes
Australian 831,285 likes
Herald Sun 359,336 likes

Everything on the Oz and Hun is normally paywalled where as news still has many of the same stories without a paywall

The HUN is a tabloid, not a proper newspaper. The Australian and WSJ are perfectly fine as news sources so long as people acknowledge they often have an angle. Ideally, people would read multiple papers from different sources and different angles to form their own opinions with points from each side, but these days it seems people don't like encountering things they disagree with.
I am certain the OP will whip you gfor that little comment about the australian although it is absolutely correct. He thinks it is a false source.

It's not a different angle ,it's deliberate misleading stories.The Australian has few truthful climate change article, in fact 80% of their climate chang articles say there is no need for carbon reductions. That's called fake news not different angle.

It's not a different angle ,it's deliberate misleading stories.The Australian has few truthful climate change article, in fact 80% of their climate chang articles say there is no need for carbon reductions. That's called fake news not different angle.
Can I ask where you're getting your information that 80% of The Australian's climate change stories are fake news?

Just saw a new global scientific study, that shows alarming and potentially catastrophic consequences , hardly given a mention in the Murdoch papers.Front page has 4 articles on Labor,one on the Greens and it's mostly a fear campaign in border security.The Daily Mail was recentlty taken off the reliable news source list by wikipedia. Is it time for the rest of the science denying papers to be added to the list? Four out if five climate change articles in The Australian recomnend no reduction in carbon emmissions.The Herald Sun is similar.Should we cop this from our newspapers and what can be done about it?

Of course they're unreliable.

They also spawned PC group think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually very serious.

I don't remember emotional blackmail being prevalent prior to the rise of Murdoch and his rubbish. He is the godfather of virtue signalling. It has now entrenched itself in to normal society.

The HUN and Daily Tele rely on their sports coverage to sell papers and the NT News relies on it's interesting coverage of local stories to sell papers.

They have not been reliable for proper news coverage for some time. Most people see through the awful biases these days.

It reminds me of a coworker who always bought the West Australian every day and he would just keep the sports pages and throw the rest of the paper in the recycling.

The problem is The West still sells papers and it really doesn't matter how horrible their agendas are in the end.

The HUN and Daily Tele rely on their sports coverage to sell papers and the NT News relies on it's interesting coverage of local stories to sell papers. And it works.

They have not been reliable for proper news coverage for some time.

The truth being that they are dying, so they have to sensationalise and co-operate with niche interests to the detriment of journalistic credibility in order to survive.

So not true you reckon?, well it is true. Are you a climate change denier like the Australian 'newspaper'?

Are you a sky is green denier? Just because you hold an opinion no matter how vehemently doesn't make someone else a "denier" for not agreeing and yeah climate change isn't even close to a fact. I think you'll find it's global warming as well, no maybe it was increased occurrences of extreme weather events hard to keep up with the shifting goal posts.

Are you a sky is green denier? Just because you hold an opinion no matter how vehemently doesn't make someone else a "denier" for not agreeing and yeah climate change isn't even close to a fact. I think you'll find it's global warming as well, no maybe it was increased occurrences of extreme weather events hard to keep up with the shifting goal posts.
GMAB ,stop lying to yourself champ.Why would you know more than a Scientist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back