Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Checkout the home page of the Hun, the Australian and News today.
So glad they have a paywall as I am not tempted to read (head hurt) and certainly wouldn't pay for it.

One would have to wonder what is anything is going on in politics in Australia if they relied solely on these rags/or on line sites for information.
https://www.news.com.au/
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ (another dig at the ABC)

Thanks goodness for The Guardian, Conversation, smaller independent news sites and my ABC.

Funnily enough this hasn't even been mentioned by the MSM

Yeah that’s because the old campaigner owns most of it . Can you imagine if someone like me or you didn’t pay enough tax lol We would be convicted and locked up , but yet you have this ******* scum of a bloke get millions in credits , the system here in this country is ****ed up .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any sensible person can agree that the Daily Tele is the worst of the lot.

From trashy sports journalism (the NRL commentators are heavily despised by most of the sports fans) to silly conservative tribalism which extends to defending friends of the cause for being found guilty of serious crimes in court.

It's somewhat amusing they employ Hildebrand to save face.

Just saw a new global scientific study, that shows alarming and potentially catastrophic consequences , hardly given a mention in the Murdoch papers.Front page has 4 articles on Labor,one on the Greens and it's mostly a fear campaign in border security.The Daily Mail was recentlty taken off the reliable news source list by wikipedia. Is it time for the rest of the science denying papers to be added to the list? Four out if five climate change articles in The Australian recomnend no reduction in carbon emmissions.The Herald Sun is similar.Should we cop this from our newspapers and what can be done about it?

I'm surprised you require external validation.

It’s not a free media when controlled by the gubmint

Hierarchy of Australian gubmint

Top - The actual Australian Gubmint (unaccountable)
-key stakeholders like Rupert Murdoch

Bottom - the elected dickheads (the facade)
-paid by the taxpayer to represent the actual gubmint and their interests

Operating within Australia is Australia’s media conglomerate, which includes Rupert Murdoch’s news media, therefore owned and controlled by our actual government.

It’s not a free media when controlled by the gubmint

Hierarchy of Australian gubmint

Top - The actual Australian Gubmint (unaccountable)
-key stakeholders like Rupert Murdoch

Bottom - the elected dickheads (the facade)
-paid by the taxpayer to represent the actual gubmint and their interests

Operating within Australia is Australia’s media conglomerate, which includes Rupert Murdoch’s news media, therefore owned and controlled by our actual government.
A tax bludging propganda front run by the unofficial supreme ruler paid for by the tax payers

A tax bludging propganda front run by the unofficial supreme ruler paid for by the tax payers

Yeah, I was wondering why the ATO were having all those ads on TV stating how great they are, for going after the big multinationals, so us plebs can enjoy... whatever benefit they're pretending to give us... this must have been a reward from our un-elected supreme overlord

If the ATO really wanted to show how good they are, they would be giving the ATO whistleblower "Employee of the year" rather than consecutive life sentences (funny if it wasn't true).

Imposing a carbon tax in Oz IS NOT doing anything about it. There are those with the intelligence to realise this and those who are not. You clearly are in the latter camp

I can see two clear problems with the former camp. The fact that they think they’re intelligent is one.

Australia accounts for circa 2% of global emissions. Cutting that by 30% still wont have a statistically meaningful affect on global temperatures.

If several countries with similar rates are all cut by 30% wouldn’t it have a significance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back