Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not always a Murdoch line; it’s just that Murdoch hires editors who are very much like him.”

Thats BS. See Andrew Neil for one. Not to mention current editor of the Times. The low rent throttlers who froth at the mouth over TWGMP can not even differentiate between tabloids and qualities.

If you want tax bludging look no further than the ABC.

Fleecing taxpayers.

Agreed. If the ABC did its job properly this government would be without a chance of reelection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always been crap newspapers, and Rupert has collected them all.

You should read the back page of todays Fin Review, it gives a good slap to its 'sibling mastheads' the SMH & the Age: they cant very well sneer... at News ... not for the 'nuff nuffs' that populate the political space & share the mantra 'my mob is triffik, your mob is hopeless', its a challenging piece beyond their think power?
More: ... a proposition, peddled by Nine's metros like metronomes, is clottishly binary.

Having listened to Jon Faine & Barry Cassidy on the ABC (Melbourne) yesterday I'd suggest they read the AFR & have a look in the mirror. The attitude not the content.

& for those who limit their media consumption to those that agree with their own point of view, I'll continue to take all points of view in, select think, & make up my own mind, give it a try !!

Apology, I cant link the article, maybe later.

Oh, look who started this thread. What a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polls tightening.

Blame Murdoch.

Utterly pathetic.

Kevin Rudd hit the nail on the head last year when he said that we need a Royal Commission

“If ever there was a case for a full royal commission into the abuse of media power in Australia, it is now. A free media is the lifeblood of a democracy. But media freedom in Australia is now under structural threat from a combination of extreme ideological conservatism, fuelled by rampant commercial interests.”

What a pathetic scarred individual. Free media but lets regulate it more.

"commercial interests"

Yeah coz free media doesnt need funding. Utter moron.

Polls tightening.

Blame Murdoch.

Utterly pathetic.

What a pathetic scarred individual. Free media but lets regulate it more.

"commercial interests"

Yeah coz free media doesnt need funding. Utter moron.

Do you think the Libs gain any percentage points by the constant and unremitting support by News Corp media outlets?
Is News Corp fair? Unbiased?

I'm prejudiced because I believe Murdoch is one of the most evil men on the planet. He has used his media outlets to spread lies and disinfomation, much the same as Pravda did for the Soviet Union. It's agenda here is pro mining, pro coal and his media outlets frequently runs anti-science, climate change denial pieces, they support the monster George Pell, and perhaps worst, they were active supporters of the EFC during their drug use scandal. A large part of division in our society, and even more so in the US, has been driven by Murdochs media channels, all for increasing profit.

It's almost over for Rupert, hope he dies under a Shorten government.

Would be the perfect time to start a royal commission into his empire.

An Aus Royal Commission into a worldwide business, now thats one for the virtue signallers ...... pi55ing into the wind Ohits... you'd feel justified, a little wet & smell a bit, ho hum!

After you've showered you could start wherever you want, but in case you dont have any idea, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_News_Corp

Do you think the Libs gain any percentage points by the constant and unremitting support by News Corp media outlets?
Is News Corp fair? Unbiased?

I'm prejudiced because I believe Murdoch is one of the most evil men on the planet. He has used his media outlets to spread lies and disinfomation, much the same as Pravda did for the Soviet Union. It's agenda here is pro mining, pro coal and his media outlets frequently runs anti-science, climate change denial pieces, they support the monster George Pell, and perhaps worst, they were active supporters of the EFC during their drug use scandal. A large part of division in our society, and even more so in the US, has been driven by Murdochs media channels, all for increasing profit.

I don't like Murdoch, but he really preaches to the choir. He's not as influential as he likes to think. Case in point: the 2015 QLD election. Some of the most shamelessly partisan pro-LNP garbage I have ever read - and it all came to nought.

I don't like Murdoch, but he really preaches to the choir. He's not as influential as he likes to think. Case in point: the 2015 QLD election. Some of the most shamelessly partisan pro-LNP garbage I have ever read - and it all came to nought.

Ditto for the 2018 Victorian state election.

An Aus Royal Commission into a worldwide business, now thats one for the virtue signallers ...... pi55ing into the wind Ohits... you'd feel justified, a little wet & smell a bit, ho hum!

After you've showered you could start wherever you want, but in case you dont have any idea, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_News_Corp
Fine. An Australian royal commission into the Australian arm of his businesses. Do we have sovereignty or not?

I still maintain that the ALP is at fault here, not Murdoch.

Why did Campbell Newman not retain power in 2015, with Murdoch's backing? Because Newman screwed up royal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back