Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2016, something like only 30,000 votes across the right seats would've put Labor in government. Now the Liberals have a third term. Murdoch can't die quick enough.

I still maintain that the ALP is at fault here, not Murdoch.

Why did Campbell Newman not retain power in 2015, with Murdoch's backing? Because Newman screwed up royal.

When people like Peter Dutton go after a piece of real estate they’d (allegedly) take $85K from underworld figures, but when it comes to an election campaign there are lines he wouldn’t cross. He just goes out on the ground and listens to people and mingles in his electorate... NewsCorp has shown me how good of a bloke people Dutton are...

No prob, got a kangaroo court look about it, oiher than.opinion what else would you expect to uncover?
Nothing of the “kangaroo court” about it.

Is the Australian government, on behalf of the Australian people, entitled to set up enquiries into the operations of foreign businesses on its soil, or is it not?

Is the Australian government, on behalf of the Australian people, entitled to set up enquiries into the operations of foreign businesses on its soil, or is it not?

Of. Course we can, but what is it you expect to find that we dont already know ?
Be Ittle different to a RC into the ABC & the opinions held ... ?

So, considering the results, can we flip our attention to the Fairfax papers and how THEY attempt (unsuccessfully it seems!) to swing public opinion to suit THEIR radical agenda?

Murdoch papers COMPLETELY in tune with middle Australia.

So, considering the results, can we flip our attention to the Fairfax papers and how THEY attempt (unsuccessfully it seems!) to swing public opinion to suit THEIR radical agenda?

The AFR gave its 'siblings' a seeing to for their performance before the vote.

Just saw a new global scientific study, that shows alarming and potentially catastrophic consequences , hardly given a mention in the Murdoch papers.Front page has 4 articles on Labor,one on the Greens and it's mostly a fear campaign in border security.The Daily Mail was recentlty taken off the reliable news source list by wikipedia. Is it time for the rest of the science denying papers to be added to the list? Four out if five climate change articles in The Australian recomnend no reduction in carbon emmissions.The Herald Sun is similar.Should we cop this from our newspapers and what can be done about it?
Intelligent people don't read the Daily Mail or the Herald Sun.

As I said to you in the Fairfax thread, whinging about media bias is pathetic.

I keep saying that giving Murdoch credit for this victory gives him more credit than he warrants, and I stand by that.

If he was as powerful as claimed, why was he impotent in QLD 2015? Or Victoria 2018?

The responsibility for this defeat lies mostly with the ALP themselves. All focusing on Murdoch does is miss the big picture RE why the ALP lost, and hence makes it harder to address the problems which are preventing ALP from winning government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep saying that giving Murdoch credit for this victory gives him more credit than he warrants, and I stand by that.

If he was as powerful as claimed, why was he impotent in QLD 2015? Or Victoria 2018?

The responsibility for this defeat lies mostly with the ALP themselves. All focusing on Murdoch does is miss the big picture RE why the ALP lost, and hence makes it harder to address the problems which are preventing ALP from winning government.

We, as in all of us, cant work out whether papers generally are on the decline or as influential as they ever were. Good excuse if your mob stunk it up, but very transparent.
Bill lost it fair & square, would have done much better against Turnbull.

We, as in all of us, cant work out whether papers generally are on the decline or as influential as they ever were. Good excuse if your mob stunk it up, but very transparent.
Bill lost it fair & square, would have done much better against Turnbull.

Turnbull's personal popularity compared to Shorten would have helped him significantly, but then Shorten would probably have run a more negative, focused campaign like the one in 2016.

So you're probably right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back