Game Day Should players be forced to go in to a hub

Remove this Banner Ad

StevoBruiser

All Australian
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Caring for an ill loved one being the only exception, players shouldn’t have the choice to stay home and miss staying in the hub. I know Cotchin and his sensitive team mates love to share how in touch with their emotions they’re, but I think sulking about staying away for a few weeks is pathetic. What about working class people who work away most the year for pennies, players really need to get a grip on reality.
Richmond are raising the white flag on the season and deserve to finish 9th for the next 30 years if their captain and other top players stay in coronictoria.

What players are and aren't allowed to do should be left up to the clubs and the players. You pay to watch the football, not make decisions in unprecedented times. The sooner you understand that, the better.

I don’t think they should be forced to go to a hub and this was my opinion even before Richmond players said what they said.

I don’t know why there are people that keep bringing up the working class comparison because I can tell you that there are probably many working class people who’d have issues with being told to stay interstate for 6 weeks when that’s not what they signed up for. I don’t understand why it’s any different with AFL players. Players do not sign up to be away from their families for 6 weeks at a time. It’s literally 3 days per fortnight with the occasional 6 days in a fortnight.

• Banned
I don’t think they should be forced to go to a hub and this was my opinion even before Richmond players said what they said.

I don’t know why there are people that keep bringing up the working class comparison because I can tell you that there are probably many working class people who’d have issues with being told to stay interstate for 6 weeks when that’s not what they signed up for. I don’t understand why it’s any different with AFL players. Players do not sign up to be away from their families for 6 weeks at a time. It’s literally 3 days per fortnight with the occasional 6 days in a fortnight.
Aren’t clubs offering to pay for their families to go too? Just can’t believe what sooks some of the current players are, I used the working class comparison as the players forget what it’s like to work a day job or for a lot of them have no idea. They’re getting paid handsomely to play football, and still can’t adapt to a temporary minor change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back