Should Port Adelaide Surprise Everyone Tomorrow Night in the Prison Bar Guernsey?

Should Port Wear the Prison Bar Guernsey Tomorrow Night ?

• Yes

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Some interesting idea here by Kane Cornes. Surprise everyone and rock the jumper, the crowd will go ballistic and give them maybe that extra 1% to beat Richmond.

Throw a towel over the channel 7 cameras as Kane Cornes says, and surprise everyone. I think he may be overstating how much of a difference it will make to the result, but as a fan of good theatre, comedy and drama. This has the writings of a Greek Tragedy or Triumph.

Eddie's reaction either way will make for excellent TV too.

Screenshot_20201015-092854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some interesting idea here by Kane Cornes. Surprise everyone and rock the jumper, the crowd will go ballistic and give them maybe that extra 1% to beat Richmond.

Throw a towel over the channel 7 cameras as Kane Cornes says, and surprise everyone. I think he may be overstating how much of a difference it will make to the result, but as a fan of good theatre, comedy and drama. This has the writings of a Greek Tragedy or Triumph.

Eddie's reaction either way will make for excellent TV too.

View attachment 985620
Probably the most stupid thing I’ve heard from Kane Cornes and that’s saying something. If you are relying on a jumper to be the thing that gets you over the line in a preliminary final than you’ve already lost.

I want this just for the sense of theatre it would give. And the drama associated with it. But this type of thing just doesn’t happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no.

nothing against ports prison bar, personally wouldnt care if it became their home game jumper. but we cant say that the afl should get off their ass and just make clubs like collingwood, essendon make proper clash jumpers, and then say port should do whatever they want.

afl makes the rules, afl should be telling the clubs what they can wear home and away, and eddie/koshie can go suck it.

no.

nothing against ports prison bar, personally wouldnt care if it became their home game jumper. but we cant say that the afl should get off their ass and just make clubs like collingwood, essendon make proper clash jumpers, and then say port should do whatever they want.

afl makes the rules, afl should be telling the clubs what they can wear home and away, and eddie/koshie can go suck it.
Essendon has a clash jumper, collingwood does not.

no.

Essendon have one.

As a Collingwood fan, I couldn't care less.

As a footy fan, whatever combo of jumpers and shorts avoids a visual clash, I'm happy with. I'm not fussed which is the home or away team, or what is their traditional or clash strip. Just have a clear visual distinction between the teams.

Whether Port wear their regular black home guernsey or the prison bars, Richmond should wear the yellow with black sash to best avoid a visual clash.

Essendon has a clash jumper, collingwood does not.

Uhh, not this again.

Collingwood does have a clash jumper, and it works. It's one of the most effective in the league, and there's a whole board of neutral and impartial supporters that will tell you the same thing.

As a little reminder, here's what happens when Collingwood hosts Essendon / Carlton / Richmond and all three times are too stubborn to wear their clash jumper. It looks ugly.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.01.18.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.05.02.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.03.03.png

Now take a look at what happens when the Pies play "away" to each of those three teams and Collingwood wears its clash jumper because it's more than happy to. It's a much better spectacle.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.02.06.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.05.33.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 13.03.47.png

I needn't say more. And for what it's worth, I support Port wearing the prison bars full-time 100%. It's their identity.

Back