Should Punt Rd Proposal be scrapped right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams get paid to play at those venues, they only do it like 1 or 2 times a year

Referring as Punt Rd as perminant home venue

They play 3 actually.

and it wouldn't be their full time home...It'd be where they could play a few of the smaller drawing matches.

Don't tell me, you think they should do up PP instead, right?

They play 3 actually.

and it wouldn't be their full time home...It'd be where they could play a few of the smaller drawing matches.

Don't tell me, you think they should do up PP instead, right?

Blues in 2000 onwards suffered with sponsorship deals and TV rights because of playing at PP. Don't think would be wise doing that

Interstate teams want more chances of playing at MCG. Don't think should deprive them of that either just for the sake of upgrading a training venue

Fairly sure eddie's original idea was to sell Etihad (worth a billion or so i think he said) and set up the richmond precinct as the sporting corner of melbourne.
Punt Rd Oval makes no sense. Tigers home training ground = home ground for teams they may end up playing against? :S
killer would be a night where there is 2 AFL games, a Rugby/Soccer match at AAMI, a concert at rod laver and an event at Hisence.

The Monash would choke. Trains in and out of Richmond would be packed.
And i have no idea how you work the roads out.

Everyone should have their own min 30k capacity stadium and AFL should pay for it.

How does that make me a troll though?
If I was a Tigers fan id rather play at MCG than Punt Rd

https://kb.iu.edu/d/afhc

In email discussion lists, online forums, and Usenet newsgroups, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The term can also refer to someone making such a posting ("a troll") or to the action ("trolling", "to troll").

The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a newsgroup or mailing list for as long as several weeks. These messages are transmitted around the world to thousands of computers, wasting network resources and costing money for people who pay to download email or receive Usenet news. Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions.

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions:
  • Have responses already been posted by others?
  • Will my post add any information that others are not likely to be aware of already?
  • Is the issue resolvable, or will discussion turn into name-calling?
  • Should I send private email instead of posting publicly?
  • Will I later regret the contents of what I am posting?

Please deal with trolls constructively, and do not participate in trolling. By refraining from doing so you will help make mailing lists and online forums much more enjoyable venues for discussion.

Where is the suggestion Richmond will play at Punt Road? The proposal put forward by Brendan Gale was for a third stadium, not a third stadium for Richmond.

Monetarily it accedes to the Punt Road faction in terms of the history and whatever, but for the other MCG inhabitants it really
shoots itself in the foot.

It is supposed to be keeping a lid on the idea that one club has a head start over someone else.

It is interesting that these clubs keep shooting ooff at the mouth with all these new developments and yet it is all together
a different thing.

Not that it is about my club but that it is always about confusing situations with different clubs talking about themselves and it drives everyone silly.

It is driving everyone else nuts as well.

Gill it has to be driving forward for everyone and not just him and her and this and that and well take some time
to attach the label to each club as to what value they are to the AFL in a howlistic sense. a howling sense... no
just a time and torch sense...

Fairly sure eddie's original idea was to sell Etihad (worth a billion or so i think he said) and set up the richmond precinct as the sporting corner of melbourne.
Punt Rd Oval makes no sense. Tigers home training ground = home ground for teams they may end up playing against? :S
killer would be a night where there is 2 AFL games, a Rugby/Soccer match at AAMI, a concert at rod laver and an event at Hisence.

The Monash would choke. Trains in and out of Richmond would be packed.
And i have no idea how you work the roads out.

I think this thread should be merged with the one in the stadiums board as this issue was addressed - games would never be put on at both the MCG and Punt Road at the same time due to timing issues. Etihad and one of MCG/Punt Road, yes and it would work fine (as it does currently)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the suggestion Richmond will play at Punt Road? The proposal put forward by Brendan Gale was for a third stadium, not a third stadium for Richmond.

I'm not targeting Tigers fans at all. Just don't agree with Punt Rd proposal
I'm targeting a proposal not a set of fans

I think this thread should be merged with the one in the stadiums board as this issue was addressed - games would never be put on at both the MCG and Punt Road at the same time due to timing issues. Etihad and one of MCG/Punt Road, yes and it would work fine (as it does currently)

If you feel so strong that I'm a troll then report me and be done with it

When the AFL first approached Richmond about it, it was for a stadium of ~18K.

Richmond countered with an idea for a 40K stadium because that way we could *maybe* play one or two games there ourselves.

So yeah, the vast majority of games wouldn't involve Richmond, and those that do would probably be more for sentimental value than anything and would be well and truly sold out (that said, we'd probably make a lot more money on them than if those games were at the G).

Realistically, I'd say 30K would be more practical, although it would pretty much rule Richmond out from playing there, which would be a shame.

No way would any Vic club play Richmond there...Crowd would just be too large.

Even if they did though, Richmond has 'home' games at Docklands against teams that call it home...

Outter north or west
Not cbd or inner east

The cbd and easy is over populated

A stadium out the other way could be the beginning of a satellite city being built, helping to create jobs long term in the area

How am I trolling?

Are you trying to tell me Dogs, NMFC would prefer to play home games at Punt Road over Etihad Stadium?
It would depend on how clean the stadium is...ie would have to not be a Richmond ground.

If it was a clean stadium, i reckon all MCG tenants - coll, haw, rich, Melbourne - would prefer to play smaller games at punt road instead of at Etihad.

Dogs, Saints, North, Essendon would prefer to be at Etihad, they just need a better deal...which they will get when the AFL takeover the stadium.

The best solution is to just stick with the two stadiums...if it is going to be a small crowd just close the top tier.

No way would any Vic club play Richmond there...Crowd would just be too large.

Even if they did though, Richmond has 'home' games at Docklands against teams that call it home...

What do you think are reasonable games to be played at Punt Rd?

Outter north or west
Not cbd or inner east

The cbd and easy is over populated

A stadium out the other way could be the beginning of a satellite city being built, helping to create jobs long term in the area

Yes, because building a stadium out in the burbs was a great success last time.

What do you think are reasonable games to be played at Punt Rd?

Firstly, I wouldn't build it at all, and if they did, I'd say 30K would fit in with existing grounds better than 40K.

That said, I'd be look at games that (before the season) would be expected to draw less than 20-25K

If you look at it, the area began developing when the afl sold it

The issue was a lack of public transport and the mcc seeing it as too much competition

The issue was that it was poorly designed, and transport was awful (especially public transport) so it was more of a pain to go to than in was worth for most fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back