Opinion Should Rucci be banned from all AFC press conferences?

Remove this Banner Ad

On the back of Rucci's article

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ph...ach-in-late-july/story-fndv862c-1227085428389

He again attempts to paint the AFC and Roo in a bad light, I feel its time for the AFC to finally stand up to Rucci and straight up ban him from AFC press conferences. Why reward the troll by continually letting him into club pressers only for him to hijack them. He doesn't deserve it. He continually shows a lack of respect for the AFC. He is nothing more than a poor mans Hutchi, Caro and Barrett who he is clearly trying to emulate.

Correct me if i'm wrong but he has AFL accreditation thus we can't ban him from attending our press conferences.

However, we could either
(1) demand to see his credentials every time he arrives for a press conference - have a bloke on the door who "doesn't recognise him" and if he doesn't have them, no entry for you;
(2) ignore his questions. I can see it now, you just need a media person who's a bit direct: "Oh Jesper, you had a question. Great. Anyone else? No? Okay, conference over, thanks everyone"

Disagree, if anything we need more Rooch.

I propose channel Rooch.

I would find nothing more entertaining than being a fly on a wall as he went about his daily life. From trawling through the internet pages (Big Footy) trying to find the latest scoops, his morning cappucino (2 sugars) at the Westpac centre after getting locked out the AFC offices, then of course his love life...as Adelaide's own Casonova dominates the +45's dating scene.

The Rooch very sensitive about being compared to Caroline Wilson. LOL.

Wilson is a journalist who has sources and breaks stories. Rooch is a (Poort) pamphleteer who writes biased, speculative and opionated rubbish.
Ha ha ha the pasting goes on. Rooch on the canvas resorting to kicking and fresh air swipes. bwa ha ha ha ha ha.

Caller Merv with one of the best Rucci bakings I've ever heard just now.

Give Merv the $50 Sammy's voucher!

OMG was that the one he said does Rucci wish he was Caroline Wilson?

That he said Well I've never written an article about a coaching being sacked when they haven't?

Anybody willing to find anything where he has said someone has been sacked when they hadn't?

He has made a long list of journalistic mistakes.

Then they took him to task on being a port supporter and he said are you saying Caroline Wilson isn't clearly a Richmond supporter on Footy Classified. blah blah blah.

He thinks he's all that and a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Rooch wish he was Caroline Wilson?
I can picture Rooch now getting home after AA baking, putting his Caro wig on and applying lipstick in the mirror.
Then sighing and getting on with the rest of his day.

This is Caro's article. Seems pretty accurate to me. Rooch is just attacking her to try to save his own sorry arse as a so-called journalist.

James Hird's official removal as coach of Essendon is expected to take place in the coming days after a series of crisis talks on Thursday in which he requested more time to consider his options and attempt to persuade the club to retain him.

The Bombers' preference is for Hird to resign with his payout details yet to be finalised. That was the strong message to Hird on Wednesday from chairman Paul Little before the Crichton Medal count during which outgoing caretaker coach Mark Thompson publicly declared he wanted the job.

Little, who told Hird not to attend his club best-and-fairest function, said a decision on the coach would follow a board meeting on Monday but Hird could be removed as soon as this weekend.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ndon-coach-in-coming-days-20141002-10p3bn.htm

So she didn't say he had been sack. The article says that is what the Board wants to do and is likely to succeed. As it turned out, they didn't succeed.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oming-days-20141002-10p3bn.html#ixzz3FnMJbAyB

Did hear that caller (Merv) compare Rooch with Caro.

Caro is an actual journalist. She has real contacts and people come to her to talk (be interviewed) for real stories. We saw this year an excellent article she wrote after she interviewed Tex. Sure she has opinions, but it is always after she has done some research and contacted real people.

Difference is that no-one talks to Rooch, so he generally just writes opinion ("is understood", and "an account", etc) pieces or constructs an article from press conferences/releases from the clubs. He is now upset because he missed the two big stories in town because of this.

Then there is the issue of bias. Rooch can deny he has no bias all he likes. The truth comes through in reading his articles. He points to the fact that he was negative towards Port when things were bad. But as the caller said his articles always come across as a fan. Durning that time many fans were against Primus as coach and the idea of Port becoming "Crows-lite" and not Port Adelaide EST 1870. His writing always reflected this.

He is a mediocre hack of a "journalist" who is only employed by News Ltd as he is not afraid to continue to write his opinion pieces to get people to buy their product both online and in print. It is obvious he is a bit upset that Caro won an award and he didn't. Or maybe just upset because deep down he knows that his career is basically that of a salesman and not the idealistic journalist he may have wanted to be many a year ago.

I like the check Rucci's accreditation every time idea.

I think the club has somewhat been keeping Rooch out of the loop a fair bit in recent time given Caro has broken far more stories about us this year than Rucci did. He's a spud of a journalist who is as impartial as an Indian bookmaker.

Also, I wonder what happened to that fat pig journalist that was writing a couple of troll articles about the Crows before the club publicly rebuked him... Perhaps the club should do the same with Rucci.

A few years ago he decided to cross the line from a journalist to a 'personality'. Now he is no good at either. He is a journalist that can't break stories and a 'personality' devoid of wit, humour and warmth.

Just a pain in the arse really.

uh..

Rucci has become a parody of himself... and this fodder only inflames it.

He couldn't give a flying f*ck that everyone is giving him s**t, because while everyone is giving him s**t, they are talking about him, giving him oxygen, giving him fuel..

one of the main reasons I like bigfooty is because, in a way, it's its own media. I find out things about footy on this site that I would never have found out about otherwise.. We don't need to worry about what some hack at the advertiser is writing because we no longer even need to read that source

stop posting about him... who cares? It's everytime his name gets posted online it feeds the troll - bit by bit

uh..

Rucci has become a parody of himself... and this fodder only inflames it.

He couldn't give a flying f*ck that everyone is giving him s**t, because while everyone is giving him s**t, they are talking about him, giving him oxygen, giving him fuel..

one of the main reasons I like bigfooty is because, in a way, it's its own media. I find out things about footy on this site that I would never have found out about otherwise.. We don't need to worry about what some hack at the advertiser is writing because we no longer even need to read that source

stop posting about him... who cares? It's everytime his name gets posted online it feeds the troll - bit by bit
yeah nah. The longer you let things go unchallenged, the more people believe and accept the trite he peddles. It's good for Rooch to realise he can't just make s**t up and think it's OK to publish. He needs to be reminded that not everyone is as gullible and foolish as he thinks, and that they are clearly a wake up to his agendas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back