Opinion Should Rucci be banned from all AFC press conferences?

Remove this Banner Ad

I avoid anything he writes like the plague, in fact he's the sole reason I stopped reading the Advertiser, I'd rather go without local news than to support paying him. I get the impression the only people who find him informative are those who haven't yet discovered the internet.

If you really want to sabotage Rucci's career the Crows should leak info to other journalists. That would make him a fool like how a lot of Victorian journo's break stories about the Crows like the Sando sacking.
Anyone know the Rooch's latest Big Footy Name....I remember Big Hawk being a decoy years back...does he still post anti crows BS here?

If you really want to sabotage Rucci's career the Crows should leak info to other journalists. That would make him a fool like how a lot of Victorian journo's break stories about the Crows like the Sando sacking.

This and also leak him wrong info. A big one. Like who our captain is. Tell Rooch it's Danger, wait for it to be published then tell two-foot Tommy Rehn it's actually VB and let him break it on 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More empathetic to the feelings conveyed in all your posts I could not be.

However, banning Mr Rucci from press conferences, deliberately leaking information to other journalists ...... or more severe ideas ... are not the answer.

With Walsh and Fagan at the helm I think he will already be worried as he knows they are not the types to pander to media asking stupid questions like their predecessors.

Furthermore, if the AFC can continue to run a "tight ship" with regard to no significant information leaking from the club on important issues than there will be nobody to quote and nothing factual to report.

Of course, a content playing group and also support staff will greatly contribute to both there being very little negative to report on and minimal chance of any such negative information about the club getting to "sources" or the media at all.

I don't get it.

You guys complain that the guys on 5AA are cheerleaders who won't ask any difficult questions, that the "ambassadors" are in the club's pocket, and yet you want to stack press conferences with yes men?

Which it is? Can't have it both ways

I don't get it.

You guys complain that the guys on 5AA are cheerleaders who won't ask any difficult questions, that the "ambassadors" are in the club's pocket, and yet you want to stack press conferences with yes men?

We want our cake and eat it!

On the other hand, I made a chocolate fudge cake the other day but baked it on too high a temp. So I don't particularly want the cake ... and it is rock hard so can't eat it.

I don't get it.

We want journalists to ask the tough questions. Not leading questions, where the answers get twisted to suit a personal agenda.

I miss my weekly emails from the rooch when I was moderator complaining about bigfooty. The best complaint was the mistruths on a forum. At least some on here are amateurs at mistruths, as opposed to him being a professional at distorting the facts...

in other words yes men like you.

You want them to ask the hard questions, probe, investigate, get to the bottom of things and then agree with you.

Just accept the hypocrisy and move on :)
No. Not at all. People who will ask tough questions then report on them in a fair and balanced manner.

For example Cornes took Sando to task over an answer he gave in an interview. He was probing and critical without being a flog.

We can't ban him , that would be wrong. We should just point out all the previous weeks lies at the next press conference. (Slowly , slowly , catchee Monkey);)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back